Hotel luxury at home? How? Well I have a secret that I would like to share.
Regular readers know I just completed my #take12trips travel challenge. This challenge was to travel at least once a month, a challenge to all to break the busy schedule routines. I have had fun in the last 12 months exploring the many cities and admired the architecture. Most of us applaud the many hotel chains for understanding the value of a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed. Many spend more on a good mattress than the decor and I have seen that in many European cities.
Though these beds are comfortable and half the time I don’t want to leave them, I still struggle to maintain my sleep pattern. I am a self-declared insomniac and have been for a few years now, I function on 3-4 hours sleep. Anything past 6-8 hours sleep I become cranky because somehow I programmed by body to only need maximum 5 hours per night. The struggle is because of all the early start, late bed times and abrupt and changing traveling schedules. Over the years I have realised the key to getting a good nights sleep is down to the right mattress. I have had my share of interesting mattresses, some which leave marks on your body like you had a fight with it.
Hotel luxury at home ~ Importance of sleep
Sleep is an important activity that we can do for the betterment of our bodies. I am someone who suffers from insomnia so I appreciate the value of sleep and a good mattress. Hence my fight for hotel luxury at home and sharing my secret with you (ok not really a secret).
For those who do not know, here are some of the reasons why sleep is important:
- Helps your brain to recharge leading to a more productive and healthy you
- Allows the body to heal and repair itself
- It’s good for your emotional well-being. Have your noticed how after a good cry you sleep and when you up you’re feeling better? Well thank sleep for that because you gave your body chance to rest and reset.
- Keeps you healthy, when you asleep your body is not resting food but when you’re awake it’s all it wants.
Now that we’ve established why sleep is good for you, and you’ve probably seen my first impressions post on Leesa. I would still like to introduce you again to Leesa, an online company who deserves an award for the amazing mattresses they make.
*Disclosure: I was gifted a Leesa Mattress in exchange for an honest review, all opinions expressed are 100% my own.
The Leesa Story
- Leesa was founded with one goal – to help people sleep better. Three unique foam layers work together to offer a universal adaptive feel that adjusts to the body of each individual, providing the correct support and comfort, as well an airflow system that prevents overheating at night. It has all the benefits of a memory foam mattress, without the disadvantages of “sleeping hot” and the “sinking feeling”. The mattress has three layers (15 cm core support, 5cm contouring foam, 5cm cooling foam). What makes Leesa different is the top layer of Avena foam. It’s similar to latex, but latex free – so also suitable for those with latex allergies.
- By eliminating unnecessary overheads (no bricks and mortar stores, no salespeople) – we can deliver a luxury mattress for a third of the price of luxury brands that operate in store. It’s a premium mattress, without the premium price tag.
- Alongside a balanced diet and regular exercise – sleep is crucial for your ongoing wellness and wellbeing.
- Leesa has been designed to meet the needs of all sleepers (front sleepers, side sleepers etc) and if you’re not sleeping better within 100 nights, we can donate your mattress and you receive a full refund.
Unboxing ,Setting up and Experiencing your Leesa Mattress
So I have a confession to make about the unboxing, I made this video live on Facebook and well see for yourself. I live on the top floor of a two storey building and was expected to get the big mattress and cried thinking about packing it upstairs. I struggled to get my divan bed and mattress upstairs and I started to think it would be the same with the Leesa Mattress. Imagine my surprise when I got it in a box a which is a little over half of me, I was too happy. It still weighed 20kg which is heavy but the delivery man helped me bring it upstairs and into my apartment.
After removing the mattress from the box, I followed the instructions on the box. Everything was done and mattress was ready in less than 5 minutes. That night (and even now) I had the best night sleep ever, waking up feeling rested and ready to take on the world. My body has been thankful for this mattress and I can not stop talking about how awesome it is. The Leesa mattress is designed so that it conforms to your body shape, I felt the hotel luxury at home in no time.
The Social Impact Project
As I mentioned in the First Impressions post, what I love about Leesa Mattresses is their social impact project:
- Returned mattresses within the 100 day period will be donated to a local charity. If one can’t be found – will be recycled.
- One–Ten programme donates one mattress for every ten sold. A recent event at Mustard Tree saw them donate 62 mattresses to for a charitable cause. Also donating a minimum of 300 mattresses over the coming year to support homeless shelters in the city of London.
- Recently launched One Earth programme, which plants a tree for every mattress sold, to help offset their carbon footprint.
- Their kindness does not end there, my readers get £50 off a Leesa mattress via discount url.
I can not praise Leesa Mattress enough, I am finally getting a good nights sleep on an amazing mattress. Waking up well rested and ready to take on whatever the day might throw at me.