Red is Danger ~ My mini collection

The colour RED signifies so many things, blood (obviously), danger (clearly), but also pure an adulterated sense of sophistication as well as enticing and beautiful guise of perfection. Ok yea yea I heard you too many mambo jumbo sumchiz words but that is exactly how I feel about red lipstick.

I do not know what about red lip stick that adds 10% extra confidence to my looks, my entire persona but it does the trick. When I smile I feel a million dollars when I am wearing my colour red, I love the fact that the darker the red the more it compliments my skin.

To compare my collection I brought out my mostly, easily and almost every day used red lip sticks.
1.(M.A.C ~ Ruby woo), 2. (Kelly Brooke), and  3. (Avon ~ Red 200)

1. I love this lipstick, it stays on an entire day and hardly smudges but I sometimes have to apply lipgloss on top to moisturise my lips. I love the dry look it gives because it’s not always I want shiny lips or glossed out lips just simple look.

2. Kelly well done on this lipstick, sometimes I forget it’s actually lipstick. I start to think its lipgloss and because of the amount of teas I consume at work this comes in very handy and I glossy over and over to keep my lips looking fresh and moisturised that’s what I love about it, unfortunately like gloss it smudges a lot and there is easy transfer to anything and everything.

3. This is my new found love, it does what it says on the tin. I was sceptical but I have been won over, it behaves like a mac in giving the dry look but feels like a Kelly Brooke because it moisturises my lips. There is less smudging but transferring is quite easy but the transferase usually only takes the glossy party away and leaves the mac like effect on for a very long time.

These are my three go to danger reds and since it’s still festive season I figured this post is right in the covers with other colourful posts in the blogsphere.

Thanks for reading my lovelies much appreciated and I hope you having a very merry christmas and a happy New Year.

PS: Don’t forget my ongoing giveaway, enter to be in with a chance to win free ad space and £25 paypal cash.

1. December 5, 2015 / 5:09 pm

Those red tints are so fierce. I’m thinking about putting on some red today. Lol

2. December 3, 2015 / 5:07 pm

These shades look so beautiful!! I would love to see you trying them out. I am so stinking pale that this color can look really abrasive on me. I’ve found that I tend to go towards more rosey tones.
    Autumn recently posted…day 68: weight loss progress and toolsMy Profile

3. December 2, 2015 / 11:31 pm

Wow, loved your collection. Now I am also going to check this out. Thanks for sharing!

4. December 2, 2015 / 11:03 pm

My mom thinks that you don’t have makeup on if you aren’t wearing lipstick! These red tints would make her so happy with me! Great colors 😀

5. December 2, 2015 / 7:21 pm

I LOVE a red lip!! Makes you feel so powerful and sexxy!!!! I have Rub Woo, but I love these other 2. I may need to pick them up. Thanks! I’d love to see them swatched on you next time. You are similar complexion to me, so would be great to see how the colors show up on you 🙂
    Phyllis recently posted…Hello there, December!!My Profile

6. October 27, 2014 / 9:12 pm

I have one red lipstick which is a blue toned red from Mua. Only a pound and its amazing but I want something a little Matte. Have you tried something really kinda matte and almost velvet- looking on the lips that you would recommend. I do apologise if I am not making sense 🙂

7. October 27, 2014 / 8:52 pm

Wow… red lipstick! I love it on other people, but it just does not suit me… wish it did though, as I love the sophisticated and confident look it gives off.