Last month I talked about how I am saving money or trying to saving money in the hopes of being debt free by the end of the year, if you missed that post which appeared first on my 2nd blog please click HERE.
As the title suggests last month was my last subscription from “Glossybox“, “Wantable” and “JustFab“. I will start by saying I have loved and enjoyed receiving these boxes for the last couple of months but I simply can not justify the expenses. Like I mentioned in “this post” I can’t be throwing away over a £100 in monthly sub boxes when I can get most of the stuff here in the uk (Wantable), get in other boxes anyway (Glossybox) and cheaper to wait for sales in H&M, New Look or even Primark (JustFab).
Getting down to what I got in my Wantable and Glossybox plus what I purchased from JustFab (this will continue in it’s own post).
Wantable: Gold Earrings, bracelet watch, scarf & readjustable ring.
Review: I loved each and every single item in the July box so much that it made me angry to have left but I know it’s for a good cause.
1. Bellapierre Cosmetics Ltd Mineral Lipstick –> loved it as I love red lipstick but the smudging so not a fun. Pigmentation was great but a little annoying for me.
2. Absolute New York perfecting Eyeshadow primer –> omg such a god sent, really loving this eyeshadow primer and using it more than I though I would.
3. Carmex lip balm –> HATED it big time, left my lips feeling like I had been stung by a bee, never again.
4. Colour club glossy seal –> I love that it’s made from non-toxic, cruelty free ingredients and us rocking my toes tight now but hated how fast it pealed off my nails. I was very disappointed in the quality though the colour is a thing of beauty.
5. Juice beauty Green Apple SPF 15 moisturiser –> it’s actually not bad! I loved the feel of it on my skin but these days I am practising caution than throwing it to the wind.
Review: I loved the lipstick and eyeshadow plus the juice beauty cream is not bad but I will not say I will miss this box as not much has changed in my view.
I mentioned in my post that I paid £35 monthly to just get exclusive access to things which I felt was not enough for what I was paying so cancelling was not a real pain like I imagined. I did however ensure I used up the money wisely with a good bag and haba haba wedges which omg are so high and me standing at 5’7 then adding on 8′ now that made me well on top of the world.
Though I maybe sad at giving up some of the things I love I know it’s for a good cause and that cause is me and my future. Won’t do any future kids and/or husband if mummy/wifey is broke up to her eyebrows. I have a chance to do that now than regret in the future.
Have you recently had to give up something that you really love or the “me” thing? What has been your justification to stand firm with your decision?