The last: Glossy-JustFab-Wantable

IMG_1168.JPG

IMG_1167.JPG

IMG_1165.JPG

IMG_1166.JPG

IMG_1169.JPG

Last month I talked about how I am saving money or trying to saving money in the hopes of being debt free by the end of the year, if you missed that post which appeared first on my 2nd blog please click HERE.

As the title suggests last month was my last subscription from “Glossybox“, “Wantable” and “JustFab“. I will start by saying I have loved and enjoyed receiving these boxes for the last couple of months but I simply can not justify the expenses. Like I mentioned in “this post” I can’t be throwing away over a £100 in monthly sub boxes when I can get most of the stuff here in the uk (Wantable), get in other boxes anyway (Glossybox) and cheaper to wait for sales in H&M, New Look or even Primark (JustFab).

Getting down to what I got in my Wantable and Glossybox plus what I purchased from JustFab (this will continue in it’s own post).

Wantable: Gold Earrings, bracelet watch, scarf & readjustable ring.
Review: I loved each and every single item in the July box so much that it made me angry to have left but I know it’s for a good cause.

Glossybox
1. Bellapierre Cosmetics Ltd Mineral Lipstick –> loved it as I love red lipstick but the smudging so not a fun. Pigmentation was great but a little annoying for me.
2. Absolute New York perfecting Eyeshadow primer –> omg such a god sent, really loving this eyeshadow primer and using it more than I though I would.
3. Carmex lip balm –> HATED it big time, left my lips feeling like I had been stung by a bee, never again.
4. Colour club glossy seal –> I love that it’s made from non-toxic, cruelty free ingredients and us rocking my toes tight now but hated how fast it pealed off my nails. I was very disappointed in the quality though the colour is a thing of beauty.
5. Juice beauty Green Apple SPF 15 moisturiser –> it’s actually not bad! I loved the feel of it on my skin but these days I am practising caution than throwing it to the wind.
Review: I loved the lipstick and eyeshadow plus the juice beauty cream is not bad but I will not say I will miss this box as not much has changed in my view.

JustFab
I mentioned in my post that I paid £35 monthly to just get exclusive access to things which I felt was not enough for what I was paying so cancelling was not a real pain like I imagined. I did however ensure I used up the money wisely with a good bag and haba haba wedges which omg are so high and me standing at 5’7 then adding on 8′ now that made me well on top of the world.

IMG_1171.JPG

SourceIMG_1170.JPG Source

Though I maybe sad at giving up some of the things I love I know it’s for a good cause and that cause is me and my future. Won’t do any future kids and/or husband if mummy/wifey is broke up to her eyebrows. I have a chance to do that now than regret in the future.

Have you recently had to give up something that you really love or the “me” thing? What has been your justification to stand firm with your decision?

1. Kristine Foley
    August 12, 2014 / 7:30 am

What a great haul! I completely understand and totally why I can’t commit to trying one of these out right now.

2. August 12, 2014 / 5:10 am

It always sucks to give up extra stuff like this, but I’m sure it’s for the better! I’ve given up on a few boxes just because I wasn’t always happy with the stuff in them.

3. August 11, 2014 / 8:15 am

I don’t have any subscriptions to boxes except to Honest Company. I am very big on saving money and I only shop sales, it has helped me save a lot of money so I can be prepared for my future!

4. August 11, 2014 / 7:50 am

I had to stop all of my subscriptions too!

5. August 10, 2014 / 5:15 pm

i don’t currently subscribe to any boxes…i think i’m just too cheap and picky to spend money on a box and not know what i’m gonna get in it! haha…also, choosing to save that money is a great choice…it never hurts to be more prepared for the future!

6. Neely
    August 9, 2014 / 9:03 pm

Subscription boxes are a killer. I had to cut down to just one

7. August 9, 2014 / 8:49 pm

I have to start cutting back on the unnecessaries too, as much as I love them… we need to save for a mortgage and possibly a new vehicle… Those wedges sure are cute though!

8. August 9, 2014 / 3:12 pm

I’m sure that this was a difficult decision for you – those subscriptions look like so much fun!! Maybe you could try to think of a more inexpensive way to treat yourself each month so that you will still have something to look forward to?

9. August 9, 2014 / 8:21 am

I know it can be pretty difficult to cut things out of your life.. but hopefully that’s to make room for bigger better things. 🙂

10. August 9, 2014 / 7:09 am

I’m with Deidre on this one, you nailed it on both of those! I also really dig the red lipstick! So bright!!

11. Deidre Miller
    August 9, 2014 / 4:57 am

Oh! I love that orange bag. And the wedges. All good things.

12. songbirdsandbuttons
    August 8, 2014 / 11:59 pm

I just ended a few of mine too – it’s okay. I don’t blame ya one bit!

13. Carly Anderson
    August 8, 2014 / 9:49 pm

That watch is really pretty. I don’t blame you for cutting down on expenses and ending your sub box subscriptions.

14. Mandi Kane
    August 8, 2014 / 8:52 pm

I love the watch. Carmex is hit or miss, depending on the person. I personally just got into a major fight with EOS lip balm. For something so cute, it ruined my face.

15. August 8, 2014 / 6:42 pm

Ahh, this looks fantastic! That watch is absolutely gorgeous, and even though I don’t wear them, I would love this one! <3

16. August 8, 2014 / 10:19 am

Those wedges are literally fab!!! You have to do what is best for you and you can always return to your sub boxes when the time is right.

17. August 8, 2014 / 12:44 am

Pretty!!! Haha I told myself that 2014 is the year I am going to fix all my debt and save money. So far it isn’t going as planned… :/

18. Michelle Snow
    August 7, 2014 / 9:23 pm

That watch looks amazing. Beautiful things.

19. August 7, 2014 / 8:18 pm

Such great boxes! Though I love Carmex, I would not have been pleased to see it in a Glossybox, since it’s something found at the checkout of almost every store in America.

20. August 7, 2014 / 8:13 pm

Okay- I want the watch, How do I get it??

21. August 7, 2014 / 7:40 pm

These boxes would be so much fun to get! I’ve never been able to justify getting them, either. Maybe someday when I have extra spending money I’ll splurge!

22. August 7, 2014 / 7:34 pm

I don’t even remember the last time I ordered anything for myself! I even used my Forever 21 gift cards on kids clothes from their site. lol Being a mother, thats just the way it goes for me! On another note, I LOVE that bag and those wedges. I’m only 5’3 so those would help me! haha <3

23. Jo Smith
    August 7, 2014 / 9:48 am

I give up spending anything on myself. It’s impossible on maternity leave – my boys come first xx

24. Francene Stanley
    August 7, 2014 / 9:17 am

I guess giving up something you love is a step towards maturity. I used to love to drive in fast sports cars beside boys who paid me plenty of attention. I gave that up when I turned 20. Huh! That’s 50 years ago.