{Christmas Challenge} I would want nothing more

12 Days of Christmas Challenge

Christmas time has always meant family time for my family and I, this is not to say anytime outside this isn’t as special it is. Christmas is a time of good cheer, time of thanks and time for family and remembering those who are not so fortunate to have what you have. I have always talked about the Family tradition my family and I have and in one of my latest posts on The Myrabev Life I mentioned how ‘My Christmas is different to yours‘. Today’s post is another one in a series of the Christmas blogger challenge, which I mentioned in my First Post would be different to the rest ongoing at the moment. Today I want to share some of the people that I wish I could spend Christmas with outside my parents, siblings, nephew and boo.

DSCF1342 DSCF1979 DSCF1946

DSCF1942 IMG_1326.JPG

• Cousins – I have so many cousins (maybe also 50 not kidding) and I wish one day I could spend these holidays with them all.
  • Friends – One of my good friends Mukunta (miss this girl), my uni friends, college friends and others that have made along the way.
  • Nephews & Nieces – From having so many cousins you can almost guarantee I have a lot of nieces and nephews obviously here in UK only 1 but back home in Zambia I have almost 15 and this is all from one side of the family.
  • Uncles – growing up I had two favourite uncles, they did everything for me and my siblings and I wish I could spend these holidays with them. Growing up it was a must but being so far apart it’s not easy.
  • Aunties – I have lost so many beautiful and yet so young aunties who were so fun and very much loved. Having lost two of them this year along is too much to handle but I know I will have them in spirit.

These are some of the people I wish I could spend christmas with, what about you? Who would you give anything to spend christmas with?

myrabev-signature

1. Fiona Naughton
    December 28, 2014 / 10:59 am

Christmas is always a time of year for wishing for those who are far away isn’t it? You have 50 cousins?! Oh my God, I only have 12 and one of them is my cousins daughter so second cousin. I hope you do get to live the dream of having Christmas with them all one day and I’m so sorry for your losses with your aunts, it’s clear from your post how much you liked them and how highly you thought of them. Hugs x

• December 31, 2014 / 10:55 am

Thank you hun, i too hope to live the dream.

2. Rochkirstin Santos
    December 21, 2014 / 1:19 am

Just like every year, I want to spend Christmas just with my family since it’s not every day that we talk and spend quality time together. We have our own busy lives now that everyone is working and living a very hectic lifestyle. Now’s the season that gives us the chance to finally take a rest and enjoy togetherness.

• December 21, 2014 / 6:02 pm

I totally understand you hun I am in the same boat so its hard but great when we manage to all be together

3. Ronni Keller
    December 20, 2014 / 1:09 pm

I love seeing such happy faces! You have a beautiful family. I love that this year all my kids will be home for the holidays! Once they all grew up and moved out, it was hard to get everyone in the same place with such busy lives. Enjoy and make awesome memories together!

• December 21, 2014 / 6:02 pm

Thank you, mum says the same since now myself, brother and sister don’t live at home its wonderful when we all here together

4. Michelle Hwee
    December 20, 2014 / 5:19 am

How precious 🙂 I love your family pictures, they are lovely. Family is so important and I am lucky that I have most of my extended family living near me. I know that many are not and have to be distant for quite some time. I salute to you and to all of the military families out there. It’s tough but you are so strong, this post is very inspirational to me.

• December 21, 2014 / 6:01 pm

Thank you Michelle, It’s tough having the extended family so far but I am grateful for those that are here

5. December 20, 2014 / 3:15 am

I’m very lucky to be around my family on a regular basis,
    but I definitely do not take the holidays for granted. Wish you could be with
    all of those that you mentioned. Nice blogger challenge for the day! Happy
    Holidays!

• December 21, 2014 / 6:00 pm

Thank you Leon, I am fortunate too to have the family not too far but the extended family is very far and can only remember in spirit

6. December 19, 2014 / 8:57 pm

If I could, I’d love to be home with my mom and sister… Being a military family we haven’t been able to be home for Christmas in the 20+ years of service. My husband and I have always had our own traditions and now we have our son (almost 3) so Christmas’ is beginning to feel a little bit more like ‘home’ for us. Family is everything!

• December 21, 2014 / 5:59 pm

I can not even imagine what a military life is like but treasure what you have and hopefully one day you will get to spend with your mum and sister too.

7. anneyounger
    December 19, 2014 / 5:43 pm

This is my favorite time of year because it brings our entire family together and we are able to remember and shares stories of those who are no longer with us. This has been a very hard year for a lot of my friends and I know that getting through the holidays is not going to be an easy task without their loved ones so we are doing what we can to help lift their spirits and spread some holiday cheer.

• December 21, 2014 / 5:59 pm

I am glad to know you helping those who less fortunate. I hope you have a wonderful christmas and more blessings for the new year

8. December 19, 2014 / 3:24 pm

I love spending Christmas with my parents, my husband, my daughter, and my sister. As long as they are there, it’s a holiday! We lost my grandfather about a year ago, and I would do anything to see him again–even with 12 months passing, it still doesn’t seem real that he won’t be here again this Christmas. 🙁 But I hope he’s here in spirit.

• December 21, 2014 / 5:58 pm

I don’t think months or even years passing makes a difference when you lose a loved one. I hope you manage to spend time with the family and remember you granddad in spirit

9. December 19, 2014 / 1:48 pm

We lost five loved ones last year and one a few years prior. My neighbor died night before last at home and my heart is breaking for her family. She couldn’t speak English so I couldn’t get her to go to the dr. but I did go get her some medicine and groceries which was too late. She was sick for two days and just died, hours later. I was looking forward to spending Christmas in my new home with my new neighbor but that won’t happen now. I’d also love to spend Christmas with papa and our other loved ones that have gone on to heaven.

• December 19, 2014 / 3:02 pm

So sorry for your loss, I can’t imagine how you feel especially around this time of the year. Remember everyone is with us always in spirit.

10. Cherri Littleton Megasko
    December 19, 2014 / 11:04 am

It’s so nice to stop and remember family this time of year. I come from a large extended family as well. On my father’s side alone I have 40 first cousins (he was one of 13 children). I sent out more than 100 Christmas cards this year … it is my way of slowing down and taking the time for remembering and loving those we don’t get to see very often.

• December 19, 2014 / 2:33 pm

100 cards and all are from family? Wow, yes it’s important to remember our families