Easy Indoor Plants ~ Green Fingers

Source: Fix.com

Have you ever heard of the expression ‘Green Fingers’, if you haven’t here is a quickie run down. It’s those few people blessed with the powers of nurturing and caring for a plant and it goes making it look so easy that when you try (aka me) it does within a matter of days. I am certainly not and probably never will be a green fingers person. My mother she is one of those blessed few, she has managed to grow veggies in the UK that only grow in the Southern African climate. I tried and the damn things didn’t even bother to leave the ground they just stayed a damn shame I say…(crying inside).

When I was contacted a few weeks back to collaborate with a Fix I was more than thrilled since I have been buying all of these plants to no avail. I read through the infographics and knew instantly where I was going wrong and what kind of flowers I should be buying – cast-iron plants since they can withstand so much neglect and does not require me to do much I knew I had hit jackpot. This infographic is so informative that a novice like me is very fond of it and willing to trying my hands at keeping a plant alive and earning my green fingers.

Have a read through the infographic and choose the kind of plants you think you can manage.

myrabev-signature

[wysija_form id=”1″]

1. February 24, 2015 / 3:24 pm

This is a great info graphic. I don’t have a green thumb so anything I touch dies! haha My mom is very much into her plants so I think I shall pass this information along to her. She has them all over her house! Thank you so much for sharing!

2. Jennifer Juro
    February 24, 2015 / 7:25 am

I honestly think that I have black fingers not green fingers as I have gotten older. Living in Washington we get zero sunlight and every plant we have gotten for inside hasn’t lived. This is a great diagram of plants to grow inside, I hope someday to be able to grow them successfully.

3. February 22, 2015 / 5:32 pm

FABULOUS infographic! I downloaded it because it is exactly what I need now that I am growing my hobby of gardening! Thank you for sharing this 🙂

4. February 22, 2015 / 3:55 am

I also struggle with keeping house plants alive. I don’t know what it is, but I just can’t seem to keep them looking nice! I haven’t ever head of Fix, but I love the idea! I’m going to check them out!

5. February 21, 2015 / 1:11 pm

I didn’t know that more light led to color variations. I’ll have to investigate that one! Plants don’t usually thrive in my care. I usually take them to near death and then pull them back with a little care. Then they die on me.

6. February 21, 2015 / 7:23 am

Info graphics are the coolest thing ever! I’m the worst person to take care of a plant. I can kill a cactus, it’s that seriously, lol. This gives me a bit of hope though, maybe I will try small after we move.

7. owensmom
    February 21, 2015 / 4:08 am

I really enjoy houseplants. Great infographic, btw! Currently I have a Spider plant and a Jade going strong. I also love Christmas Cactuses. They grow well for me.

8. February 20, 2015 / 8:35 pm

Such a useful infographic. Somehow my lovely plants keep dying, so I should use the guide next time! x

9. February 20, 2015 / 2:05 pm

My mom is the exact same way! She has this one spider plant that she has literally cloned almost 100 times through clippings from the original. Me? I can’t keep a cactus alive if I tried 🙁

10. RattlesandHeels
    February 20, 2015 / 1:01 pm

I need this, I definitely don’t have a green thumb because regardless to how big or small They die on me. I’m fascinated by the fact that your mom can grow plants meant for other climates. She’s good!

11. fashion-mommy
    February 20, 2015 / 9:54 am

I am so useless with houseplants – I literally kill them by looking at them it seems!

#UKBloggers