{Fashion Monday} Must have Fashion items

AJD Fashion -winter

Hello there and happy Monday to all, time is flying by so fast we already in the final week of February. When I was at school and university I never understood why people kept saying February goes by so fast I mean it’s only 2-3 days shorter than the rest and whilst at school it never felt like that but now out in the working world it is, with an imaginable deadlines which make me wish this year was the leap year. Anyway today I wanted to share what I think are some of the must have fashion items – winter version.

Scarf – in the UK we seem to have the worst weather of all, can experience at times 4 seasons in 1 day and this is no joke like seriously. So having a staple item like a scarf is a must. What kind of scarf is another matter currently I am loving the blanket type of scarf which are big enough to use as a small fleece blanket when traveling on the bus for long distances.

Scarf

Gloves – Though they have made it on my must have list I hardly ever wear them but lately I have been finding myself pulling them out daily before and after work. I bought some cotton gloves which have the index and finger touch screen sensitive. They’re awesome and though they have the Christmas theme on them in black and white I am still wearing them (this girl don’t care).

Knee high boots – I can not emphasise enough the importance of having knee high boots. If you are anything like me a cold baby you so need these to keep the pins warm since I still haven’t learnt how to dress my bottom half properly. And since I hate tights knee high boots come in very handy.

Thermal clothes – now I know most people avoid these like a plague because the majority who wear thermals are the elderly (my parents included though they are only in their 50s) anyway I can not speak highly enough of thermals they are the best way to stay warm whilst wearing little. Like I said I am a summer baby and really prefer less clothing and I do not mean close to naked no just not a big fan of layering because I do Eskimo to the fullest and no joke.

Winter coat/jacket – investing in a warm, strong and durable winter coat or jacket is the best way to go. Currently the States has the worst of the weather and I am sure for those trekking through it can testify to the importance of having a strong and very warm coat/jacket.

These are some of the items that I think are a must for the winter closet. I have previously shared how to stay warm in the winter without breaking the bank on The Myrabev Life you welcome to see those tips as well.

myrabev-signature

[wysija_form id=”1″]

1. Erin Shebish
    February 27, 2015 / 1:49 am

Everyone says a scarf for winter… but I can’t wear them! I wish I could, my neck is so cold! LOL!

2. Gabriel Bregg
    February 26, 2015 / 4:16 pm

We understand fickle weather here in northern Michigan as well. Another reason why I’m glad I’m a guy, not having to deal with a zillion different choices in outfit is great. Jeans, shirt, boots, one coat and I’m ready. Life is good.

3. Bradley Finnearty
    February 25, 2015 / 10:31 pm

Glove and hats are my wife’s favorites. She loves the hooded coat.

4. Stephanie C.
    February 25, 2015 / 4:32 am

Such beautiful picks – I love the colors and the scarfs are great!

5. blm03
    February 25, 2015 / 3:04 am

Love the scarves! I need to get myself some knee high boots!

6. Debi@The Spring Mount 6 Pack
    February 25, 2015 / 1:48 am

I absolutely love the idea of wearing scarves all of the time. I also love wearing knee high boots.

7. Chrissy Hme
    February 25, 2015 / 12:46 am

I have been getting better at wearing scarves and gloves. I just can’t get into wearing a hat, though. For now I settle for earmuffs or a headband to cover my ears.

8. Chrystal M.
    February 24, 2015 / 11:11 pm

It took me a long time to get into the scarf fashion statement. Now I can’t get enough. They are so inexpensive and really changes up your clothing. I pick a lot of basic colors so a powerful scarf makes all the difference.

9. February 24, 2015 / 10:03 pm

I have never been one to wear a scarf until recently, I got a coat that came with this tartan-print scarf that I really like. I still won’t wrap it around my neck to keep warm, but I wear it. I have this thing against gloves, earmuffs and hats – despite living in very cold temperatures…I don’t wear them.

10. Ann Bacciaglia
    February 24, 2015 / 7:48 pm

I agree boots are so important at this time of the year. I love how great a nice knee high boot makes an outfit look great.

11. mail4rosey
    February 24, 2015 / 7:26 pm

Four seasons in a day! It’s a wonder you’re not sick a lot. 😉 I love a nice scarf too, and I would really like to learn to tie one properly.

12. CourtneyLynne Storms
    February 24, 2015 / 5:27 pm

Omg great picks!!! Loving on all the scarves!!!

13. Kori
    February 24, 2015 / 3:26 pm

I really love those scarves. And those boots, those are right up my alley.

14. Beth
    February 24, 2015 / 3:21 pm

Oh man, I need those gloves and that purse from the first photo!! So cute!

15. February 24, 2015 / 10:19 am

that watch!!! It’s amazing and I love it! I also love those boots!!!

16. February 24, 2015 / 4:49 am

Those scarves are so cute! I love the bright aqua color. These are great items to have.

17. Donna L Ward
    February 24, 2015 / 4:28 am

Ok – I didn’t know that about the UK – and I love the scarfs ideas – of course, I’ve been wearing thermals since I moved up to the mountains with 4 degrees in temps during the winter – I also like being outside even in the winter – I liked your post of fun info – well written 🙂

18. Chelley Martinka
    February 24, 2015 / 3:03 am

I live in New England… we have awful weather as well! I, too, a, obsessed with scarves! A total staple here!

19. February 24, 2015 / 1:54 am

I seriously am obsessed with scarves! I have a problem. I also love the mint and coral colors that are so popular right now! This is a great collection! 🙂

20. Nina Say
    February 24, 2015 / 1:53 am

The gloves are gorgeous. I’d imagine every girl being super to have this staple item.

21. Elizabeth O.
    February 24, 2015 / 1:08 am

Scarves are my fashion basics! It makes all my outfits
    look good and stylish! 🙂

22. February 24, 2015 / 1:03 am

I absolutely LOVE scarves in the winter time! They are so cozy & I love wearing them to spice up a look

23. February 23, 2015 / 9:53 pm

I should really pick up some more thermal clothing. It really does make a big difference!

24. February 23, 2015 / 9:26 pm

Great collection! Scarves are my fashion go to items whenever in doubt or in need of spicing up an outfit

25. Kung Phoo
    February 23, 2015 / 9:06 pm

My wife is a scarf person all the way.. she could wear them all year round.

26. February 23, 2015 / 8:15 pm

Those tall brown boots are everything. Perfect shade of baseball glove brown 🙂

27. Susan Quackenbush
    February 23, 2015 / 7:17 pm

I simply must have that hooded coat. Great article. Thanks!

28. February 23, 2015 / 6:54 pm

Thanks so much for sharing. That orange scarf is calling my name. I’m into orange this year.

29. Carmen Nimo Perez
    February 23, 2015 / 3:19 pm

I love everything but mainly the hooded coat, the earrings and the scarves! They are all beautiful accessories for a winter outfit!

30. Jeanine
    February 23, 2015 / 2:18 pm

I love those boots, and every scarf here I would love! I have been all about scarves lately, the infinity scarf is my fave. Love them all!

31. Fiona Naughton
    February 23, 2015 / 1:56 pm

That fawn coloured hooded coat up there is just stunning, I want it! Great picks, I’m loving the splashes of bright colour with the scarves.

32. February 23, 2015 / 1:09 pm

I love scarves too! Growing up in the northeast US they were a staple during the winter. Now living in the south they make a great accessory piece on those days where it’s cooler.

33. Rowan Johnstone
    February 23, 2015 / 12:51 pm

I am a total sucker for scarves! I love them and all the ones you posted are incredible!

34. Robin Rue
    February 23, 2015 / 11:06 am

I was actually just at the store yesterday and picked up a couple of new scarves. They are an awesome way to accessorize 🙂