{Fashion Monday} How to dress for 10+ flight

HOW TO DRESS FOR 10+ FLIGHT

How many of you have been on a 5+ flight and wished you had dressed like you going to bed? I for one have found myself wanting to ask the pilot to make a stopover so I can open the storage bay and get me those comfy PJs in my suitcase. I mean as much as I would so love to dress looking on point I just don’t think it’s worth it up there in the sky. I want clothes which are as comfy as my PJs, warm like my wollies and a perfect fit. I also want an outfit that if it got too hot I can just take a layer off. So lets break it down:

Shoes: Definitely flats and nothing else, the only variation is either they are open, closed or half-half. I made a mistake of wearing heels on a 2.5 flight and I was in pain after so not cool.
Bottoms: I need soft cotton which is warm and roomy. I do want a perfect fit but I don’t want right enough for a wedgie. I also want ankle length but I am not opposed to cropped or even nice wearing jeans.
Top: No matter what these have to be loose, if I wear a string top I don’t want it to cling to me too much as when you sweat soaks it up too.
Top cover: I love having a cap jacket as these are easy to wear and easy to remove if and when you get to hot. When you cold you can just put them on easily.
Head: I do not know what hair you got but me and my weave we need care so tying it up and wearing a beanie is the way to go, don’t want when I land to look like shaka the Zulu.
Accessories: the only accessories I want on a long flight with me are face mask, fleece blanket and neck pillow. Most long haul flights have such shifty pillows and don’t get me started on some blankets. They are so thin its better to sit in the fridge that have one on.

These is how I dress or plan to dress for my long haul flights.
How do you dress? Any tips to add?

myrabev-signature

1. April
    May 2, 2015 / 2:36 pm

I have never taken a flight longer than 3 and a half hours. I use to travel in my sweats, light T and zip up sweatshirt. Just in case it got to warm or to cold.

2. April 29, 2015 / 8:37 pm

I have experienced a lot of transatlantic flight wherein I’m in the air for at least 8 hours. For these kinds of trips, I usually wear a comfortable track suit and bring two sleeping socks to change into.

3. Stephanie C.
    April 29, 2015 / 5:27 pm

Some great suggestions here! I love the idea of the blanket – how nice to have your own plush blanket instead of the plane issued ones! Love the look of this outfit, too!

4. April 29, 2015 / 3:28 pm

Great picks! My favorite tip is the blanket. It is so nice to have your own, comfy blanket on a flight. A wonderful way to bring a bit of home with you on your travels.

5. April 29, 2015 / 7:07 am

Comfortable shoes are a must for me, too! Much as I love heels, I can’t understand why and how anyone can walk in them at an airport, especially at a major one where you’ll have to do a lot of walking (and possibly running if you’re cutting close with your flight’s time).

6. Amber Faith
    April 29, 2015 / 4:55 am

The longest flight I’ve ever been on was 3 hours. I give up fashion at the airport, but kudos to those that try!

7. Michelle Hwee
    April 29, 2015 / 3:47 am

Definitely some great style tips! I haven’t gone on a trip that long but I can definitely say comfy clothes is the best feeling ever!! Especially if you’re going to be sleeping.

8. April 29, 2015 / 12:18 am

This is great advice for vacationers. How often do you actually stop to consider what you’re wearing before you jump on a plane? Love that you are promoting dressing for comfort.

• April 29, 2015 / 2:29 am

Thanks Travis, most of us dont even think about comfort just to get the flight over with lol

9. April 28, 2015 / 11:38 pm

Man, on our flight to England back in February, I was bundled up! I found it funny, since I was expecting to be cold on the plane, and I found it to be much warmer! I used my heavy winter coat as a pillow (since hubby stole my neck pillow!), and loved being able to stretch out under my own blanket. 🙂

• April 29, 2015 / 2:29 am

Hahaha how nice of your hubby lol. Sometimes it surprises me when its warm when you expecting it to be freezing

10. A Woman The World Deserves
    April 28, 2015 / 11:37 pm

These are really great ideas for a long flight. I am making one son with my family.. a small child and a 3lb dog. Let me say I am not looking forward to it. Well, at least I will be comfortable.

• April 29, 2015 / 2:27 am

oh wow good luck hun, its hard enough along but with kids and pets not even sure what its like

11. Ourfamilyworld
    April 28, 2015 / 8:39 pm

Those are great suggestions. Sometimes I feel like I am not dressed comfortably for the flight, especially for the shoes

• April 29, 2015 / 2:27 am

I always make sure it’s flats I am wearing through and through

12. mail4rosey
    April 28, 2015 / 6:25 pm

I like ankle length too. That does seem to be the most comfy.

13. CourtneyLynne Storms
    April 28, 2015 / 5:32 pm

Hehehe this is great!!! Long flights can be horrible if you’re not dressed correctly! I always dress as comfy as possible & will bring a change of clothes in a carry I if I have to do something right off the plane 🙂

• April 29, 2015 / 2:26 am

I can definitely testify to horrible long flights in my uncomfortable attire lol

14. April 28, 2015 / 3:27 pm

It’s important to dress comfortable for a long flight. It’s better to use layers so you can be more flexible.

15. Christina Amore
    April 28, 2015 / 12:38 pm

I hate flying! When I do I will only go if it is a short (6 hours or so) flight! I know, I am probably missing out on half the world, but it scares me. I am lucky to find myself wearing sweats, never mind your cute outfit!

• April 29, 2015 / 2:25 am

hahaha, awww bless am sure you can just cruise if not happy with flying

16. April Mims
    April 28, 2015 / 11:24 am

I always dress for comfort but it’s especially important when travelling. This outfit is cute and comfy – perfect for a long flight.

17. Michele
    April 28, 2015 / 9:10 am

I took one very long flight–once–never again if I can help it!! I agree-dress for comfort and have layers cause it gets cold just sitting there doing nothing essentially for hours and hours and hours!!

• April 29, 2015 / 2:24 am

Yep it definitely does get cold up there

18. Marie
    April 28, 2015 / 4:59 am

Thank you for sharing your tips. With long flights, it’s important to be wearing something comfortable. I like the outfit you put together there. Look comfortable but still stylish!

19. Jennifer Juro
    April 27, 2015 / 11:33 pm

I normally will travel in yoga pants (I pack other pants in my carry on) or a maxi skirt with flip flops, a t-shirt, and hoodie. And of course I put slipper socks in my carry on as well can’t have cold toes. I also always bring a blanket as well I get cold and those inflight blankets don’t cut
    it.

• April 29, 2015 / 2:24 am

Inflight blankets dont cut it at all, these are good suggestions thanks Jennifer

20. April 27, 2015 / 11:15 pm

These are such cute and stylish things for the plane…and they look comfy, too! I find it super gross how some people dress in sweats for traveling. I mean, I know you want to be comfortable, but you can be comfortable in style!

Amanda

• April 29, 2015 / 2:23 am

I do not think I would go as far as sweats lol

21. April 27, 2015 / 10:54 pm

I think comfort would be the main thing for me for such a long flight. I love that striped top!

• April 29, 2015 / 2:23 am

Thanks hun, comfort is very important for me for all flights

22. April 27, 2015 / 3:27 pm

I am a firm believer in dressing for comfort when it comes to any type of flight. I love how stylish yet comfy this look is! I love your selections and I’ll be taking a few of these ideas on my next trip. Thanks so much for sharing!

23. April 27, 2015 / 1:24 pm

What comfy looking clothes and due to back injuries, I try to dress comfy on a daily basis. I love your selections and am going to check them out. I’ve been looking for comfy clothes for a trip we have coming up.

• April 27, 2015 / 2:12 pm

Thanks Terri, hope you find something you like and can take with you on your trip

24. Emma (SitS)
    April 27, 2015 / 10:46 am

Soft and slouchy is a must for long haul flights. I couldn’t stand to be in anything restrictive. Good suggestions!

• April 27, 2015 / 11:16 am

Thanks and no restrictiveness is so annoying on any flight I think.

25. April 27, 2015 / 9:28 am

We wear almost the same stuff for long flights. For me, it really has to be something that’s very comfortable otherwise I’d get crank during the flight. The loose top, jacket, and the neck pillow are must-haves.

• April 27, 2015 / 11:17 am

I know right, comfort is very important.

26. StylishLondonLiving
    April 27, 2015 / 9:08 am

I love the stripes and the comfortable bottoms. Comfort must be key to surviving a long haul. I don’t know if I would survive a 10 hour + flight!

• April 27, 2015 / 9:14 am

I love stripes and I have no choice but to survive my 10+ flight

27. April 27, 2015 / 8:59 am

I love the stripes – especially the shoes. What a useful post – thank you!

#UKbloggers