{GBU} THE HAPPENING ~ WEEK EIGHT

GBU

Hi there and welcome to week eight of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly {GBU}, so much as happened in May already that I am feeling overwhelmed and we not even at the half point yet. This week marked my return to work after my vacation to Korea so I am a bit wobbly and trying to re-live my vacation through my photos and the knowledge that I am heading back in a few months time. I am thinking of May as the mother of all busy schedules because from now on wards it’s busy busy until I can’t scream no more.

Let’s get down to business.

The Good

This weekend I am attending my future sister-in-law’s Hen party, I do not know what happens at Hen parties or what you supposed to take but I am looking forward to the spa that has been reserved for this day.

I have less than 6 days today until I move into my apartment, the excitement is contagious. I can not believe it, I have been waiting to move for the longest time.

As one of my goals is to meet up with my friends as often as I can I met up with my good friend M and had such a lovely catch-up.

A company I worked with a few weeks back sent me some cute items for my new place, I will share them soon but they are gorgeous and exactly what I needed.

The gazillion parcels on my desk at work made me happy and a bit sad at the same time, I definitely love receiving parcels but some have work attached to them lol.

The Bad

Nothing bad bad per se but that horrid feeling after having such nice and wonderful holidays. I have the holiday blues  big time.

Work-load is murder, even though I got back to work last week Friday and did some work, the e-mails keep piling up and then I have the blog things to deal with.

I am grateful but I am also human, I feel like I can not seem to catch-up with the reviews and sponsored posts. I really do need to work on saying no.

The Ugly

Again nothing ugly per se but got really hacked off with some people contacting me to work with me then demanding I reduce my fees lower than the generous discount I gave. I love working with companies but some people forget it takes a lot to run a blog and always have engaging content for the readers. I wrote the Sponsorship page and Disclosure on main page for a reason. Bloggers are humans too and 99% of us really do our own work with no help whatsoever.

This is how my week has been, how has your week been? Anyone trying to take advantage of you as a blogger?

myrabev-signature

1. May 18, 2015 / 5:49 pm

sometimes, that is what i dislike about vacations, having to go back to reality after having so much fun! won’t it be fab if we can take longer vacations? 🙂

• May 19, 2015 / 3:42 pm

It would definitely be fab if we could take longer vacations but then I guess we would feel even worse after well at least for me.

2. Nicci
    May 16, 2015 / 6:17 pm

It sounds like you are super busy! It’s hard to come back to reality after long vacations. We are returning home from trip as well, and our luggage got lost. Luckily we have time to relax at home (and hopefully get our luggage back) before work starts again.

• May 17, 2015 / 10:38 am

Sorry to hear about your luggage it must be annoying having your luggage lost, long vacations though nice are hard as well because coming back to reality is usually a struggle for me.

3. Fi Ní Neachtáin
    May 16, 2015 / 9:18 am

It’s great that so many good things are happening to you during the month of May! I hope you enjoy the hen party and that your move into your new apartment is a stress-free one. I need to read your sponsorship and disclosure page, I totally agree that some companies don’t get that bloggers are humans too. I’ve had so many people asking me to do so much work for free it’s unreal 🙁

• May 16, 2015 / 10:41 am

Thanks Fiona, its definitely shocking that some companies don’t even bother to read around our blogs to see what we offer etc. I have had to modify my sponsorship page and everyone who contacts me I ask them to read it first before we can work together.

4. May 16, 2015 / 3:40 am

I always struggle with vacation blues when we get back from a trip! I had a really hard time when we came back from Balie it was an amazing trip. Good luck with your new apartment!

• May 16, 2015 / 10:42 am

Thanks Tammi, I am really struggling but comforted by the fact that I am heading back soon and I have a few weekend getaways.

5. May 15, 2015 / 9:46 pm

Sounds like the good definitely outweighs the bad and ugly. I have no idea what a hen party is, so sad I know but I do hope you have a great time! I cannot stand when people contact and demand things. My problem is people seeing my blog, contacting me wanting to work with me the saying “oh sorry, I can’t ship products or we dot ship products to Canada!” do they not read my info before contacting me? Drives me bonkers.

• May 16, 2015 / 10:44 am

Definitely good always outweigh the bad. I know what you mean, I have had a lot of companies contact me and then I tell them I am in the UK they are like ah ok we don’t ship to the UK do you want to do a wish list instead and I am like sure but here is the price for the sponsored post and they go silent or ask me to go cheaper than normal. So annoying

6. May 15, 2015 / 9:42 pm

Well, I must admit that I am jealous that you just went on an amazing trip, but not so jealous of the post holiday blues. I get them too, but at the same time I always get so excited when I land at O’Hare because it means that my trip was safe and that I’m happy to sleep in my own bed. Sorry to hear about the stressful business situation; stand your ground!

• May 16, 2015 / 10:45 am

I so know what you mean, when I come back I am happy to sleep in my own bed and that I made it home safely but part of me wants to go back to the no responsibilities holiday lol

7. May 15, 2015 / 8:02 pm

Have a good time at the Hen party! It sounds like a great opportunity! I hope that your move into your apartment goes smoothly and you get a lot of help! I know moves can always be a bit stressful so hope someone can help you move! Have a great weekend! 🙂

• May 16, 2015 / 10:46 am

Thanks Alanna, I do not like moves and currently aint got no help but am sure I will manage I do not have too many things as I knew I would be moving so I have not accumulated much in my current place. Have an amazing weekend too.

8. May 15, 2015 / 7:52 pm

We always take a day or two off when we get home from a vacation. It helps you slowly get back into the swing of your life! I had a great blogging week, nice emails, some great sponsored opportunities, and fun collaborations! Oh, congrats on your new place, I’m in the midst of moving, too!

• May 16, 2015 / 10:53 am

Thanks Briton, good luck with your move too and its always nice to have great collaborations/sponsored opportunities and nice emails. when I returned from this holiday I had to work Friday (from home) but then I had the weekend to chill by myself.

9. Kristen
    May 15, 2015 / 6:54 pm

So many positive things! Have fun moving into your new apartment! Its so much fun, creating a new space for yourself!

• May 17, 2015 / 10:46 am

Thank you, I can not wait and I am so excited.

10. May 15, 2015 / 6:47 pm

I can completely relate with the lack of compensation for the work as a blogger; some of these PR reps are just plain-old insulting! This past week I received two pitches: one product review – no compensation but I’d get to keep a product that wouldn’t fit with my genre and I don’t want. It made me wonder if they even looked at my site! And the 2nd pitche they wanted me to edit an existing non-sponsored post to include their link and there wasn’t any indication of compensation so I essentially sent an email nicely saying what’s in it for me.:)

I love writing and creating new DIY projects, but these things take time, my projects are not free for me to create and neither is my work.
    Keep up the good work, you’ve got a lot of great stuff happening!

• May 17, 2015 / 10:41 am

How annoying of some PR companies, I hope nice e-mail told them it’s not on editing an existing non-sponsored post and no compensation how annoying can they get. I too love writing for my blog but I am not a machine I am human and I need to be paid for my service to them.

11. May 15, 2015 / 10:11 am

i think I’m about the same as you. You really need a vacation after a vacation. It’s hard to get back into the swing of things. I feel like people are always trying to take advantage of bloggers .. Like we are here for free advertisement so we should always do what they say.

• May 17, 2015 / 10:43 am

People are always trying to take advantage of bloggers and so is so not on, its so annoying sometimes. I do need a vacation after my vacation lol

12. May 15, 2015 / 8:17 am

Great thing there’s no one taking advantage of me as a blogger. This week has been so stressful and I’m really glad that today is Friday, finally. You’re so busy and that’s good to be productive but there should also be time spared for “me-time” and rest for a while. Breathe. 🙂

• May 17, 2015 / 10:45 am

I am glad no one is taking advantage of you as a blogger. I agree I need me some me-time and though I am just returning from a spa weekend/hen party I do not at all feel relaxed my neck is now stiff again.

13. May 14, 2015 / 6:19 pm

enjoy the hen party. I too find it so hard to say no to blogging opportunities.

• May 15, 2015 / 6:02 am

Thanks, I am having a hard time with some blogging opportunities but I have to save my sanity lol

14. May 14, 2015 / 2:43 pm

I have serious post-holiday blues at the moment too. Aargh! It sucks doesn’t it? Best to just book another holiday 🙂

Good luck with your move and have a great time at the hen do! A spa sounds perfect

• May 15, 2015 / 6:00 am

Thanks Melissa, it definitely sucks and I am already planning a weekend getaway for end of this month lol

15. May 14, 2015 / 2:00 pm

Hope you have fun and let your hair day at the hen party! 🙂 You’ll catch up with work soon enough and then you can look forward to going on your holidays again !

• May 15, 2015 / 5:59 am

Thanks Lois, I certainly hope so as the holiday blues are getting on my nerves now lol

16. May 14, 2015 / 7:49 am

Enjoy the hen party! I remember mine and we had a relaxing weekend in a spa, so a bit different to the usual clubbing antics but we all had a great time.

• May 15, 2015 / 5:58 am

Thanks hun will do, I am glad its the spa as I do not think I can do clubbing after Korea lol

17. Kristina Maggiora
    May 14, 2015 / 6:51 am

My week has been BUSY! Got a new puppy coming next week so now it’s all about prepping and getting ready 🙂

• May 15, 2015 / 5:58 am

Awww I love puppies but not sure I can have them in my new place