{GBU} THE HAPPENING ~ Week SEVEN

Hello peeps, how you doing? I can not believe today is my last day in Korea and tomorrow I will be back at work (insert sad face), I am having so much fun that I am considering coming back in July, actually make that I am going to come back to Korea in July. I did not think I would fall in love with Korea this fast, I love their culture etc but I honestly thought I would be over it after I had seen it but now I am even considering moving here and starting my life here.

Ain’t this the craziest thing you’ve ever heard?

I have fallen head over heels with this country, Seoul is a beautiful place to be and one that I see myself visiting a lot in the future if I do not move here. For this week’s the Good the Bad and the Ugly (GBU), it will mainly cover my time here in Seoul.

The Good.

new friendsDay 0, I met so many wonderful people who really sold me on Seoul and I have been experiencing it daily in the last 5 days.

I managed to make new friends through my best friend and it is such a great feeling knowing I connect with them on so many levels

When I came I did not really have a budget but having sponsored opportunities come my way has actually funded my extravagant lifestyle I have embraced in Seoul even though I am more frugal than anything.

Yesterday I went and did my first hike, though I did not complete the short 3km I was happy to do just half (insert shy smiley face)

The Bad

pride of londonBefore I departed for  Seoul in London I decided to have breakfast at a nice looking restaurant and was disappointed when I found hair in my american breakfast. I did complain and get treated to fresh one but it was so disappointing.

On my flight from Munich to Seoul I sat next to someone who is afraid of deodorant as well as showering, omg my nose suffered and hoping my return home flight will be different.

The Ugly

I honestly do not have anything ugly to say this week. I had lovely time in Seoul and I want to go back and either stay or visit.

How has your week been? Have you ever visited a place that though do not belong has made you want to stay?

Happy Thursday

myrabev-signature

1. June 9, 2015 / 3:02 pm

I’m so excited about you and how deep your relation with Seoul! It is becoming an epicenter of sophisticated living and I’ll be glad If I have a chance to go there again!

2. May 11, 2015 / 2:16 pm

What an amazing experience. My husband has spent a significant time in Korea, but I’ve never been. Looks so wonderful. Bummer about the hair in your breakfast and your non-deodorant travel mate. Other than that, sounds like a great trip!

3. Rochkirstin Santos
    May 10, 2015 / 12:29 am

Oh wow we are also planning to visit Korea this year with friends. How did you get to tour around? Did you book through a travel agency? I heard that it’s hard to communicate with Koreans because most do not know how to speak in English.

4. Fi Ni Neachtain
    May 9, 2015 / 11:54 am

I’m so glad that you enjoyed your time in Seoul so much and are even contemplating moving there. How absolutely disappointing to find a hair in your breakfast, especially when the place looked so nice, I hope they didn’t make you pay for it? I hope you have a great week!

5. May 9, 2015 / 3:40 am

It sounds like you had a fantastic time. I mean, it had to be awesome if you want to move there :). I love visiting new places and experiencing different cultures, but when it comes down to it, home is where I will always be happy to return — family roots run deep.

6. A Life of Love and Joy
    May 9, 2015 / 2:26 am

I would love to go to Korea! But I’m so picky about food. And I feel like I would just be completely lost. Gosh, apparently I love America too much to ever leave!

7. Danielle Knapp
    May 9, 2015 / 2:17 am

Seoul is on my bucket list of places to go. It sounds like you had a great time there which makes me want to go even more. The hair in the food is so gross and nothing worse than riding next to a nose offender for hours on end. Safe travels back home!

8. May 8, 2015 / 11:48 pm

What a wonderful way to cap off your trip! I really want to go to Korea! Thanks for sharing your experience. I have to time my trip so I can hit several more Asian countries since it’s a long flight to go there.

As for hair on the food…oh gosh! I don’t even know how I would feel! It is quite a culture shock indeed!

9. Jennifer Juro
    May 8, 2015 / 9:24 pm

Being a military brat a lot of families did tours in Korea or went to Korea on TDY! They always had a blast it seemed there and couldn’t wait to go back!! Sounds like you had an amazing trip! Can’t wait to hear more!

10. May 8, 2015 / 7:39 pm

Yuck getting a hair in your food always bums me out. I’m like you though and I never complain or send it back either. I always seem to get stuck next to the person who prefers not to wear deodorant either haha.

11. Brook Devis
    May 8, 2015 / 6:03 pm

korea is one of the places i want to visit. I am really trying my best to work more and get some more money and organize a trip to korea

• May 8, 2015 / 7:42 pm

It is so worth it, I am starting to do the same so I can go for longer period next time

12. Carrie (@theregoesgypsy)
    May 8, 2015 / 2:20 pm

I would LOVE to make it to Korea. I felt the exact same way about Bali, Indonesia. I stood out like a sore thumb and it was a huge culture shock but I absolutely fell in love with it. I always tell myself that one day, I will live there!

• May 8, 2015 / 7:41 pm

It was a huge cultural shock for me too but loved it big time

13. May 8, 2015 / 12:50 pm

I’ve never been to Korea, but after your post, I’m keen to visit! One of the places that I’d most like to move to is France though – I love the people, love the food and LOVE the wine! 🙂

• May 8, 2015 / 12:54 pm

I have never been to France but I love the same things as you, I intend to visit soon though and as for Korea its a must see place.

14. May 8, 2015 / 12:27 pm

Awww man!I would love to go to Korea!! You’re so lucky to have had that experience!! I’ve only ever lived in the UK and as much as I love it and will probs always live here, I would still jump at the chance to go somewhere different for a long space of time!

• May 8, 2015 / 12:53 pm

You should do it one day, it is such a beautiful country with so much to offer.

15. Tanj from A Travelogue
    May 8, 2015 / 8:55 am

I live in South Korea right now and would love to stay for as long as we can. Sadly, we might be moving soon because of husband’s company. We love everything about living here, oh, and I love shopping here too (Myeongdong).

• May 8, 2015 / 9:34 am

I loved shopping in myeongdong big time but was staying Hongdae