{GBU} THE HAPPENING ~ WEEK TWELVE

Afternoon Tea

Hi there and welcome to the happening, the Good the Bad and the Ugly, I hope you’ve had an amazing week and can not wait for Friday to get here already or is it just me? Since last Thursday I have been so tired and feeling a bit unwell but I am soldering through it.

So down to business

Enjoyed some lovely #hotchocolate on #thistlebustour

A photo posted by A July Dreamer (@myrabev) on

The Good

Last week in the GBU ELEVEN I mentioned I has been invited to London by Thistle Hotels via Joe’s Blogs to attend the “Afternoon tea tour bus” in London. The tour took us from London eye and went around the famous London icon places like Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and Oxford street then back to London eye. It was such a lovely afternoon spent with fellow bloggers enjoying some afternoon tea and hardly even sightseeing due to the beauties that were the afternoon tea accompaniments.

On Saturday I had gone to Oxford with my sister for what she calls “A spot of afternoon tea” which ended up costing me £30, that is some expensive tea.

I received £100 worth of love 2 shop vouchers from my energy supplies and I am pretty happy about it if I am honest as I used part of it yesterday to purchase some more furniture for my apartment.

A week today I started T-25 and boy am Isore but happy to be seeing some change in me. I will be giving an update on my 2nd blog The Myrabev Life.

The Bad

Though starting T-25 has been awesome I am also in more pain that I could have ever imagined and I guess its true what they say, beauty is pain.

Again happy that I bought more furniture for my new place but I had to assemble it myself which took forever and since everything hurts from T-25 it was a nightmare.

My 9-5 feels like it’s killing me, God knows I love that job but I am ever so tired and end up working even after I had finished for the day and I am home.

I shared in my spot of afternoon tea post on Monday that whilst me and my sister where cueing up in costa some woman came in and literally stole packed cake and walked away, it shocked me big time.

I have given myself a very bad back and boy does it hurt, I know having a new bed can be an attribute to why every time my head hits the pillow I am dead until morning and I know I should be thankful that I do not have insomnia but insomnia was sometimes a safety next to check properly my house before bed but now I sleep with a lot of things open like my door which is not on.

The Ugly

On Tuesday I felt so sick that I couldn’t go into the office but I still had to work from home due to deadlines and meetings. I am still a bit down and half the time my head is foggy but got so much to do. I am planning to use this weekend as my ‘me time’. No blogging, no visiting people, no calls  just nothing except me and my TV.

This has been my last 7 days, how has yours been?

myrabev-signature

1. June 18, 2015 / 9:30 pm

Ooh! Cannot wait to hear about your T25 venture more. And I am a tea lover. I was so excited to get my tea diffuser cup for speaking in Toronto this past weekend. Let us know your T25 updates.

2. June 15, 2015 / 8:48 am

Wow! That was an expensive tea date, must have been good. I am not a big tea fan so I am hesitant to pay even $5 for a cup of tea. You’ve also been quite busy I notice. Last year I found myself working like crazy and always taking work home but I think that one of my biggest goals for work has been managing my time in a way where I can lessen the amount of work I take home over time. I am not sure about the type of work you do but as for me, procrastination has always been a problem. Anyway, good luck!

3. June 13, 2015 / 1:47 pm

Sounds like a lovely time on the afternoon tea tour. I love to take afternoon tea and I dream of doing so in London. I just can’t imagine how fun the afternoon tea tour would be! Thanks so much for sharing and adding to my London Bucket list!

4. June 13, 2015 / 11:52 am

Your week looks so busy! Mine was busy too with work. I threw my back out somehow sometime last week and I was forced to take time off to rest. Make sure that you take time for you this weekend! STAY OFF SOCIAL MEDIA( says the girl up commenting at 6 in the morning on a Saturday 😉 )

5. June 13, 2015 / 5:55 am

Sounds like you had a busy week!! Good for you for starting T25! I have heard that is a killer work out I bet you will have amazing results when you stick with the workouts!

6. June 13, 2015 / 4:00 am

The Afternoon Tea Bus group sounds absolutely amazing. I love when I can combine eating and drinking with sightseeing. Oh, and I totally feel you on the workout front. I tried some Beach Body videos and I literally thought I was dying.

7. June 12, 2015 / 11:30 pm

Who loves afternoon tea? That would be me 100%! If I could have a formal tea every afternoon or at least every other day I would so love it! I college vintage teaware and try different kinds of tea and tea cakes too. 🙂 I would love to try that tour bus someday!

8. June 12, 2015 / 5:25 pm

Tea calms me down especially after a long day. Hope you feel better soon and rest. Get off of social media, your blog, and rest your mind it will work wonders.

9. June 12, 2015 / 1:26 pm

It sounds like the T25 is doing its thing and working in spite of the pain. Why does it have to work that way? That afternoon tea was neat!

10. June 12, 2015 / 12:19 pm

The afternoon tea tour bus stands amazing! My husband and I are really wanting to visit London and I’m definitely adding that to my list of things to do while we’re there. Hope you’re feeling better and next week your T 25 gets a bit easier. That is one tough workout!

11. June 12, 2015 / 12:09 pm

Oh I have always wanted to visit the London Eye. Did you get to queue up to ride? I hear that there’s so many people who wait in line for hours just to get there. You are very lucky to have spent a great day with fellow bloggers. The past seven days have been too busy!

12. June 11, 2015 / 11:06 pm

Hope you are feeling better. I’d love to go for afternoon tea soon but unfortunately I need to watch my budget for the time being.

• June 12, 2015 / 9:46 am

Thank you Izabella, I need to watch my budget too until month end.

13. June 11, 2015 / 9:24 pm

I need afternoon tea in my life! It is worth it for the treat factor 🙂 LOVE the post

• June 11, 2015 / 10:09 pm

Thanks Rowan, it’s nice and worth it when with friends and family but not when watching your budget. I need alternative budgeting.

14. June 11, 2015 / 9:13 pm

A weekend of just you and the TV is sometimes needed. Will have save some cash after £30 for afternoon tea WOW!!! I grumble at anything over £10 I hope it was worth it.

• June 11, 2015 / 10:11 pm

I am excited for this weekend even bought a T-shirt saying exactly that, needed. £30 is a lot and won’t be repeating the process any time soon

15. June 11, 2015 / 6:26 pm

Whew! You have been busy! Tea in London sounds amazing, working out consistently is tough so go you! And sorry you had to still work when you were sick. That is the pits. Hope you’re able to curl up in bed/on the couch this weekend and sleep and binge watch whatever you want!

• June 11, 2015 / 10:33 pm

Thanks Laura, I can not wait to just curl up and watch my fav movies since I am still not a 100%

16. Britani Marie
    June 11, 2015 / 3:39 pm

i really connected with you on that 9-5 i am in the same situation…..glad to connect because sometimes it seems like everyone is doing the blog thing full time lol

• June 12, 2015 / 7:23 am

Tell me about it, everyone seems like they doing full time and some of us are playing catch up

17. June 11, 2015 / 7:56 am

Oh you sound like you had a bad week the afternoon teas sounded yum, but £30 wow, I hope it was big. Your back hurting is possibly making everything worse. My week has been a bit yuck. Hope we both get a nice weekend.

• June 12, 2015 / 9:56 am

My back hurting makes everything more annoying. £30 was too much lol.

18. June 11, 2015 / 7:15 am

I love afternoon tea and it’s been a while since I’ve had one. You’re right that they can get expensicve but they make a nice treat.

• June 12, 2015 / 10:01 am

They do make a nice treat, just need to watch my budget now lol