Happy Birthday To Me

Yes you read right, today is my birthday and I turn 28. Since it is a week day I am not doing anything extravagant instead I am working from home and will be taking a chill pill and sleeping it up. Every year for my birthday have done something but this year I figured how about I take some time out to myself and do absolutely nothing.

I did how ever go out over the weekend to meet up with a friend who I have not seen in a while and that in it’s own way felt like a pre-birthday meal with a good friend. Ever since I made the decision last month to be spontaneous and taking as many weekend getaways as possible I felt instead of just celebrating today I will instead celebrate all of this month starting with the gone weekend. I shared in my July goals that I would take 2 weekends in the UK and 2 weekends abroad so this weekend and next is in the UK and the last 2 will be Lille, France and Athens Greece.

My Friend and I met up in Reading as it is a centre point for the both of us and to start the meet up we headed to Las Iguanas for a long lunch and catch up on the last year and half. We walked to Las Iguanas from the train station to find it full with a waiting list of 20 minutes, we decided to wait since we’ve both been to Las Iguanas before and loved it. Whilst waiting my friend suggested we both get a mango collins cocktail to nurse whilst we waited and did a bit of catch-up.

Before we knew it, 20 minutes was up and we were shown to our table. Again we spent so much time talking that we forgot we were at the restaurant to eat and catch-up so to keep waiter happy we ordered nachos with all the trimmings whilst we looked over there amazing menu.

I ordered enchiladas with spicy chicken since I have never had it before with sweet potato fries and my friend ordered Xin Xin. Las Iguanas has happy hour every afternoon where every drink on the happy hour menu is 2 for 1, I clearly did not understand this so I ordered berry thinking it was one drink and only to be presented with two and my friend did the same. I ordered a Raspberry cooler and she order another Mango  Collins cocktail, we had so much fun catching fun.

I may not technically be doing anything today for my birthday but I am surprising content and happy about it.

signature

1. July 9, 2015 / 3:03 am

Happy Birthday! Being content with spending the day at home on your birthday is a sign that you are getting older. It looks like you ate well for your birthday. Those drinks look so refreshing.
    Lovely recently posted…3 Fashion Trends I AvoidMy Profile

2. July 8, 2015 / 7:12 am

Happy Birthday and I always love the spontaneous things that happen in life! There is nothing better than spending birthday with friends! Friendships are very special and precious for me!

3. CourtneyLynne
    July 8, 2015 / 3:48 am

Happy Birthday!!! Nothing better than beyond delicious food on your birthday! That’s always a must. Hope your day was fabulous

4. miriam
    July 7, 2015 / 5:13 pm

Happy Birthday! I totally get that sometimes we need to treat ourselves to some “me” time.

5. July 7, 2015 / 2:25 pm

The food looks fabulous and there is nothing wrong with taking a birthday off. Plus, with all of the travel you are doing lately it’s probably time to rest! I hope that you enjoy your upcoming trips – and I am sure you will! I can’t wait to see pics and hear stories as you continue to move about. Happy Birthday!
    Jaime Nicole recently posted…Relive Childhood Memories & Hunt for the 7th Minion at Walmart!My Profile

6. July 7, 2015 / 2:16 pm

Well here’s wishing you a very happy birthday! And wow, all that food looks amazing, I just woke up and now I’m starving! Enjoy your day!

7. Denise
    July 7, 2015 / 1:52 pm

Happy Birthday, it is a great piece I never thought about writing it for myself but it was wonderful.

• July 7, 2015 / 2:20 pm

Thank you Denise, I thought why not no one is going to write it for me lol
      Miranda recently posted…Happy Birthday To MeMy Profile

8. July 7, 2015 / 7:18 am

I’ve actually never been to Las iguanas, defiantly on my list of places I’d like to visit. Hope you have a wonderful bday, it was mine on the 4th, I don’t want anymore birthdays now x

• July 7, 2015 / 10:46 am

Happy Belated and thanks, Las Iguanas is awesome definitely check it out
      Miranda recently posted…Happy Birthday To MeMy Profile

9. July 7, 2015 / 6:48 am

Happy Birthday, Girlfriend! I hope it’s the happiest ever! I dunno those drinks should be yours and mine. Mine was last month! We should celebrate together or maybe my daughter. She’s NightOwlMama and her birthday was July 3rd. Woo Hoo Parrrrr tayyyyy!!! HUGS
    XmasDolly recently posted…Show Off Tuesday! Give-Aways & Reviews!My Profile

• July 7, 2015 / 6:52 am

Hahaha Thank you so much Dolly, You, me and your daughter should all celebrate together. Happy belated to you both and thank you.
      Miranda recently posted…Happy Birthday To MeMy Profile