{Lifestyle} Running Essentials

Running used to be such an essential part of my life a few years back. When I joined a pharma company for my university placement years back I met a bunch of people who used to go running every day at lunch time. I was not totally convinced so one day I decided to give it a try and yes you guessed it, it was painful and I was so out of breath and my feet bloody hurt. I sat down with one of the group instructors who told me I needed better trainers for running, better workout clothes (apparently leggings weren’t it 😂), running belt and water (😜). Obviously this hit a nerve but I was determined and had motivators (myself plus the cute dude in tight shorts didn’t hurt either) which kept me going back.

I believe I have an ok weight and an ok size (10-12) but I know I need to tone up to lose the excess weight, I do not wish to be slimmer just toned overall. Running and home exercises used to be my go to types of workout but now with summer blues eating me up and working 9-5 I am always too tired to do either but that does not mean you can’t or should try running out.

I was sent the running belt by Run Baby in old to facilitate this review, no other forms of compensation were received. All opinions are 100% my own.

The running belt is small and light, it has a buckle which can be loosed or tightened depending on your body size. It’s very soft and you can pack you keys, cards and even phone in the insert pocket in front. I do not run anymore but was doing home exercises and wore the belt, nothing fell out so you can be comforted knowing during your run either at home or gym you won’t lose anything. I love the design and now snuggly it fits around my waist and because the belt I was sent came in black you can wear it with any workout clothes.

I definitely love the product and happy to recommend to runners and also potential runners.

Are you a runner? Do you use running belts to have hand free running?

Disclaimer: I am not a professional runner but a leisurely one who runs when it suits the mood so the essential items listed are what has worked for me.

1. August 31, 2015 / 8:59 pm

I need to exercise more – I have trouble with my ankles so power walking would suit me better 🙂 Love the belt. Kaz

2. August 31, 2015 / 6:35 am

I’m not a runner at all — but love to go on long walks. The belt would be great for that also. Also love the color of your shoes!!

• August 31, 2015 / 8:29 am

Thanks Penny, I am not much of a runner but this belt is very handy

3. August 30, 2015 / 9:24 pm

I really need to get my running game going, I’ve been so lazy lately and feel really bad about it. I think this running belt is a good idea and it definitely comes in good use with all sorts of exercise!

Olivia x

• August 31, 2015 / 8:31 am

I am with you there though I am not much of a runner. Thanks for stopping by Olivia

4. August 30, 2015 / 4:11 pm

A running belt can really give a place to store your stuff while running. This can really help speed you up.

• August 31, 2015 / 8:37 am

As you’re the master runner I am glad to hear that

5. Rosey
    August 30, 2015 / 3:01 pm

I like the idea of a belt that holds your keys like that… it’d be great for running. I bet my DIL would like one too.

• August 31, 2015 / 8:38 am

I know right, it’s a great little handy running essential item

6. August 29, 2015 / 2:50 pm

Having the right equipment to start any kind of exercise routine is key to sticking with it and being successful. I like having my hands free and not having to worry about carrying anything when I’m walking, running, or hiking.

• August 31, 2015 / 8:43 am

I couldn’t agree more, when I used to run I used to hate running carrying my keys

7. August 29, 2015 / 5:04 am

I’ve never even really tried being a runner, but I have dabbed into jogging a little bit. The belt sounds like a great tool to help you out, so if I ever give it a shot, I’ll have to look into getting one.

8. August 29, 2015 / 2:32 am

Those shoes are awesome – my wife’s favorite color too! I might have to surprise her with a pair of them 🙂

• August 31, 2015 / 9:03 am

Thanks

9. August 28, 2015 / 9:42 pm

I am not a runner but I can definitely see how a running belt would be a good thing to have. Being hands free when running seems like it would be the way to go.

10. August 28, 2015 / 8:28 pm

recently I started running. I am a novice at it. I just go run. No belts, no special shoes. You got me very curious

11. August 28, 2015 / 6:35 pm

I wish I like to run, but I just don’t. Maybe my problem is the same as your was, the wrong equipment.

12. August 28, 2015 / 6:03 pm

I just started running and it takes a while to build up endurance. I’m trying to run a 5k by next summer, so far I’m able to successfully run 1 mile without water, I’m working my way up to 5k. This is totally brand new for me, but from what I’ve learned building stamina is a slow and steady process, it doesn’t happen over night. And yes good running shoes is a must.

13. August 28, 2015 / 3:36 pm

This running belt is such a great idea. I always hate that I have to somehow hold onto my keys when going on a run…and then I get unmotivated and sit on the couch. Oops.

14. August 28, 2015 / 2:50 pm

I am just where you were. I am trying to tone also. I know I need to slim down a little, but really just tone. I need some place to put my stuff when I exercise this would be perfect for that.

15. August 28, 2015 / 2:02 pm

I am an avid runner and train for Ironman and long distance triathlons that require running anywhere from 13-17 mile training runs. It is very helpful to have a belt that carries phone, key, and a water bottle! You never know when you will be able to get water on a long run or in my case I need special nutrition while I am running, so belts are a must! Definitely recommend! I have never heard of this brand, but use the Nathan belts myself.q