Happy September everyone! It is such an exciting month for me, though I do not know what will happen tomorrow but I love the idea that have planned something and God willing it all goes to plan. I can hardly believe September is here so I keep pinching myself checking and asking is it really September? I am flying out this week for my long overdue vacation, you have no idea how long have been wishing and hoping for this day to come. I have rescheduled it so many times to accommodate other people but this time I decided enough is enough and I am going so ladies and gents all booked and confirmed. I am so excited, I will not say my destination but it includes Amsterdam, Netherlands and Fukuoka, Japan. Anyway onto the reason for this post, the goals.
Let us look at what I scheduled for August and how much have accomplished or not done at all.
The goals for August are as follows:
- Read 4 books – I have not read a book since March, I have been slacking big time. I absolutely love reading but put this on a back burner for far too long. FAILED – bought one kindle book and have been meaning to read it but kept forgetting. This goal will be moved to September.
- Spend time with family – funny that I even have to document this but I have not seen my parents for over a month now and we only live 2 hours apart. I have my many excuses handy but I need to make time. PASSED – spent time with my sister she came to visit me then spent the bank holiday weekend in Wales with my parents.
- Reconnect with old friends – Again funny I have to document this but in this busy day and age I seem to need to be reminded of the norm. PASSED – have reconnected with my friends which has been nice and this week I am going to visit the other friend.
- Blog schedule – I need to recreate my blog schedule, I am not the greatest blog around but I functioned better when I had a schedule to go by. PASSED – this has been on point, used one weekend in August and scheduled 2 weeks worth of daily posts which was awesome for me.
- Blog posts – Do equal amounts sponsored and equal how to, tips, fashions etc. I am feeling as though I am losing myself in all these sponsored posts. Don’t get me wrong I am grateful but I feel I am losing the reason I started blogging. PASSED – I was able to do equal sponsored and non-sponsored posts, made me feel good to just write a post because I felt like sharing not because I was asked/paid which I am not saying I hate I am grateful just nice not getting lost in the money.
Now onto the September Goals
- Read 4 books – I have not read a book since March, I have been slacking big time. I absolutely love reading but put this on a back burner for far too long
- Blog about my vacation and share the vacation pictures.
- Improve blog traffic – I used a blogger friends post on how she managed to triple her blog traffic in a month. I know it won’t happen overnight but need to start working on. I will be honest have worked on my following but never really put much effort into traffic, sure I have a blogger support group on Facebook and participate in blogger groups but never actively worked on the blog for traffic improvement.
- Do something have never done before, I got this idea from boo. When we were away a few months back he took me ice skating and go karting, I have never done either of these before, I was so terrified but after it was over I was glad I did them. Obviously I won’t be buying ice skates anytime soon but I will be going go karting again.
These are some of the personal goals I want to accomplish in September!!
Do you have any goals set? How did you do last month?
Quote for the Month
**IF IT DOES NOT CHALLENGE YOU, IT WON’T CHANGE YOU**