Fall 2015 has officially arrived, I am not big on the season but I do love that we have thanksgiving at church and we gather with fellow children of God.
Happy and welcome to October, today marks the start of fall in my book as well as the start of the fourth quarter of the year. I know as bloggers we say this all the time but where on earth is the time flying to? I honestly can not believe that October is already here, I feel like just the other day I was sharing with you how happy I was that it was September and how much I was looking forward to my vacation to Korea and Japan. So much has happened since my return that I do not feel as though I have had a vacation yet. I am however looking forward to going to the states for the first time this year. New York city watch out as I am coming for you but before we get there I wanted to share with you last month’s goals, the 2015 yearly goals and the October goals.
- Read 4 books – I have not read a book since March, I have been slacking big time. I absolutely love reading but put this on a back burner for far too long. FAILED – so this looks like something that won’t be happening any time soon but I am a believer in moving it forward.
- Blog about my vacation and share the vacation pictures. FAILED – so I did go on vacation but during and upon my return I decided to take a blogging break and rest and I do not think I will be blogging about the trip but never say never.
- Improve blog traffic – I used a blogger friends post on how she managed to triple her blog traffic in a month. I know it won’t happen overnight but need to start working on. I will be honest have worked on my following but never really put much effort into traffic, sure I have a blogger support group on Facebook and participate in blogger groups but never actively worked on the blog for traffic improvement. FAILED – blogging break meant not blog promotion of any sort, but I can work on it in this new month.
- Do something have never done before, I got this idea from boo. When we were away a few months back he took me ice skating and go karting, I have never done either of these before, I was so terrified but after it was over I was glad I did them. Obviously I won’t be buying ice skates anytime soon but I will be going go karting again. PASSED – I went to Gangnam whilst in South Korea and did many tourist things alone without any guide and did the same when I was in Japan, I am very proud of me.
2015 Monthly Goals: Main goals
- January – Naturalisation, so I have decided to give up my Zambian citizenship to become British. Zambia does not do duo citizenship hence the need to surrender my Zambianess, and to do that need to apply and pay a whopping £904. February will be a no spend month because of this. DONE.
- February – Car lessons, I can drive (confidently enough) but need few more lessons as well as re-do my theory test since my certificate expired last year April. FAILED, still not done lessons nor tests.
- March – July, Book 3 holidays abroad. If January application comes back before March I will throw in a couple of weekends to Europe. DONE, been to Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, South Korea (x2) and Japan
- August – October, Save up for my house. I need to rent or buy my own place soon so fingers crossed I can get on the property ladder soon. DONE, so not yet saved up to buy but renting an apartment.
- November – December, Get a car. Though I will be doing my lessons from February I want to be slowly saving up for a decent car that can take me from point A to point B
- Read 4 books – I have not read a book since March, I have been slacking big time. I absolutely love reading but put this on a back burner for far too long.
- Mini vacation – I need another mini vacation to just be somewhere and do something new again
- Blogging schedule – I need to get my blogging schedule backup and running
- Reviews – finish off all reviews before accepting new ones.
- Socialise more – I love spending time at home more than I love going out because all my friends live so far but I need to make this conscience change to get out more even alone.
These are my goals for October, having gone through my yearly goals for 2015 I realise I have done much more than I thought though last month was a disaster as I only achieved one goal. But that is ok, they say if you fail try again and that’s what I am doing.
How was September and what goals do you have planned for October?