I don’t know about where you are but here in the UK winter is finally making its presence known. The last few weeks have been warmer than our usual winter weather, we didn’t even have snow (touch wood we don’t). Some unlucky souls had days worth of rain in one day, leading to floods which as you know can be devastating.
Winter and I do not agree on anything, I am a summer baby and I love the warm weather where I can dress in shorts and flip flops and not longnecks and boots. Don’t get me wrong I love my boots and lately I have been putting in more effort to look good in winter and I have been sharing my outfit and Fashion tips and ideas.
One thing I have struggled with for a long time is chapped lips (bottom left picture) and this is mostly due to my poor diet and lack of hydration. For the life of me, water in the UK tastes something weird I used to live in the east of England which is known for it’s hard water and now living in the south it’s not any better. I thought today I share with you some of the lip care secrets I have been practicing and some that I just stumbled upon and trying.
7 winter lip care secrets
1. Hydration – I do not even need to explain the importance of this, my struggle with drinking plain water forces me to really work on this. I have been drinking lemon water to stay hydrated and when I am out and about I buy aloe vera water to stay hydrated.
2. Vitamins B, A and E – I must confess when it comes to taking vitamin supplements I am quite bad at it, so I have added them to my daily to do list which I look over first thing in the morning and last thing before bed. Hopefully this will prompt me to take these vitamins and give my body the boost of nutrients it needs.
3. Honey & sugar scrub – I shared in my lip care secrets post that I make my own sugar (+olive oil) scrub but this time I am trying out the Honey & Sugar scrub, I found a good recipe HERE. This helps exfoliate my lips removing all the dead skin and revealing new skin.
4. Keep moisturised – in winter you need to use lip balms, lipsticks etc which contain more of moisturising ingredients like; Aloe Vera, shea butter, coconut oil and more.
5. Stop licking your lips – this is not only a bad habit but a short-term fix too. This leads to chapped lips which we all know are not sexy so moisturise all the time even before bed.
6. Green teabag – this is one I just learnt but use teabags on your lips for 4 minutes daily and it helps moisturise your lips.
7. Cucumber juice – get some cucumber, cut it up and then crush it to get the juice. Use the juice on your lips for 20 minutes and then wash off.
These are my 7 winter lip care secrets that I am currently using to keep my lips looking fresh and moisturised and not dry and chapped.
What are some of your secrets? Do you use any of the ones above?