Lifestyle: Boxing Day Shopping

Can you believe Christmas 2015 has come and gone? How did that happen, I mean there was so much anticipation and preparations for it and poof it came and now it’s gone, such is life I guess.  As much as I love the days leading up to Christmas and Christmas Day itself, I am more of a Boxing Day lover kind of girl because for the last 8 years MOH and I have a tradition where we visit and shop in Harrods on this one & only day due to the most awesome sales ever. There are many brands that never go on sale but that’s not a problem for us, we are only interested in the perfume area of Harrods. So many amazing brands go on sale in the perfume section it is absolutely crazy and we love it. For the last 4 years we have had to queue up outside to get into the perfume section since it can get pretty crowded quiet early.

After a good 10-15 minute queue up outside Harrods we were able to enter (you need a ticket to enter the perfume section and to do that you have to queue up outside the store), handed over our tickets to the guards and went in. It was pretty hectic already so we made our obligatory walk around (browsing as you do 🙂 ) then using the plastic bags provided at the entrance we started picking the perfumes we wanted. The boys (MOH and BIL) managed to scope Calvin Klein Euphoria for men  was £60 reduced to £30 per box, came with after shave balm and shower gel and I grabbed one for dad then headed to Marc Jacobs stand and for me Daisy perfume which I had been wanting for the longest time.

We managed to wander around in Harrods for a good hour before we left and went to Zara which was too busy, MOH got me a pair of nice blue trouser (was £29.99 now £19.99) for work and a beautiful navy blue sweater/jumper to go with it. Almost all the items were on sale except for the spring collection and few other items. We left Zara and headed to H&M my favourite store and grabbed me some Christmas socks (I know Christmas is gone but I wear the Christmas socks year round) and a lowly jumper type top (similar) which was on sale too. The sale in H&M was not what I was expecting and maybe because there were too many people but I did not like a lot of stuff.

To finish off our Boxing Day shopping in London we headed to Selfridge to just check it out but everyone knows when you enter Selfridge you need to come out with that yellow bag (insert crazy laugh). We wandered around and honestly so many things were expensive for us, I loved the women’s sales section saying “…only under £200” as if £200 was not a lot of money. But I still needed to come out with the yellow bag so I went to Clarins section and got my mum a goodie bag which was on sale for £30 and only had 3 tiny items it.

It was a lot of fun shopping in London, it’s our tradition for Boxing Day to go shopping in Harrods specifically as the rest of the year we do not have courage or money 🙂 to afford it.

What did you do on your Boxing Day (day after Christmas for those who don’t know)?

Did you grab any sales? Are you ready for January Sales?

1. January 11, 2016 / 7:08 am

I think its crazy that the shops open on Boxing day although I do know a lot of people who head out shopping. I’m usually in my Pj’s. Great buys

• January 11, 2016 / 7:15 am

Hahaha it’s crazy but I love it. I think because Christmas is pretty laid back in our home we use Boxing Day for everything else then pj’s

2. January 10, 2016 / 6:33 pm

I’ve been really wanting to try a new perfume and I haven’t tried Daisy before but I love the Body Shop ones 😀

• January 10, 2016 / 6:36 pm

The Daisy is just the ticket when trying out new perfumes

3. January 9, 2016 / 6:51 pm

Wow, a great haul and a lovely tradition to do every year. I adore Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume, it’s the only one I wear ad wish I knew that they have a sale on it!

• January 9, 2016 / 6:53 pm

Thanks, it’s a lovely tradition and the sale was a shock to me too as year on year had never seen it

4. January 9, 2016 / 7:12 am

I’ve not smelt the mark jacobs Daisy before. The body shop products. I’m a big fan of the body shop.
    Angela

• January 9, 2016 / 7:56 am

Thanks Angela, I love the body shop products too

5. January 8, 2016 / 10:16 pm

Oh going to Harrods sounds incredible! I have only been there once. We hit our little coastal town on Boxing Day where they have an annual swim in the sea – and grab the bargains left in Boots! Very rock n roll!! Kaz x

• January 9, 2016 / 7:58 am

Very rock n roll indeed Kaz, I love Harrods but boy is it expensive

6. January 8, 2016 / 9:04 pm

This sounds like a nice tradition, and I would never have thought about going to the perfume department what a great idea, sounds like you got some great bargains! I did a little bit of sales shopping but mainly online for kids clothes and maternity clothes! Perfume is much more exciting!! x

• January 9, 2016 / 8:00 am

I think because apart from teabags the perfumes are probably the only other thing we can afford in Harrods so it quickly become a tradition of ours. Sounds like you did some nice shopping too

7. January 8, 2016 / 8:59 pm

Ah I love Daisy, its one of my faves! You got some great bargains! I love Harrods, we live hours away from London though so no sales trips there for me!! It would be an amazing place to sales shop at!! We visit family on Boxing day every year so no shopping lol xx

• January 8, 2016 / 9:02 pm

I am starting to love Daisy even more now. Thanks for stopping by

8. January 8, 2016 / 5:51 pm

I love Marc Jacobs Daisy too. From the perfume to design to the floral, sweet tones it is a perfume that suits me down to a T.

• January 8, 2016 / 6:45 pm

Glad to hear that, this is the first time I am trying it

9. Fi Ni
    January 8, 2016 / 8:31 am

Daisy is such a beautiful perfume, I love the scent and the bottle. I’ve been to Harrods once, when I was a young teem, but like you I’d never have the funds to shop there all year round 🙂

• January 8, 2016 / 8:39 am

It’s always nice to enter Harrods even when we can’t afford anything but I love shopping there on Boxing Day as its the only time I can afford anything lol