Monthly {2016} March Goals

Happy 1st of March, I can not believe how fast time is moving. I have so many travels taken, travels planned and travels thought of that I have not had any time to spend with my love nor myself which is so not acceptable. I need to schedule some me time this month and this begins after my trip to Poland this weekend.

goals As always every single month I sit down and set goals that I wish to accomplish in the new month and whatever I did not accomplish in the ended month is moved to the new month. My philosophy is at first you don’t succeed move it to the next month and try again. I have been doing this since I started setting up goals in 2014 and it has served me well, so in the spirit of my tradition here is how I did in February and what I am moving to March.

{2016} FEBRUARY GOALS

February being the month of love is the perfect excuse for me to set goals geared towards my relationship and also self discovery and development. Looking at how January has been so awesome for my blog, I want on invest more time for my blogs this month but I know it will be hard due to all the travels.

RELATIONSHIP GOALS

• Make time for each other, I want to remember and bring back the old days. Having being together for so long we have forgotten how to date each other and I want to remedy that. FAILEDI have been away or busy every weekend since the beginning of February and now it has ended.
  • Communicate, we talk but I feel lately we have not been communicating with one another. I want to intentional make time and communicate for the betterment of our relationship. PASSEDwe have been communicating more in the last few weeks than the weeks before that.
  • Celebrate Valentine’s Day, For the last 8 years we’ve always celebrated Valentine’s Day either the weekend before or the weekend after and usually we go for a meal or go to the cinema. Rarely do we cook something together and so here is to hoping this year we can do something about it. FAILEDbut I intend to surprise boo when he’s back from he’s business trip. (I am very excited).

SELF DISCOVERY & DEVELOPMENT GOALS

• Improve time management – I work full-time as well as run two blogs. I will say this again, this has been harder than I initially anticipated. The Myrabev Life blog is suffering because I just do not have the time and sometimes the content to use for this blog. I want to make an effort this February to find time to work on both blogs equally. PARTIALI have blogged a bit on my second blog but not enough as on this blog, next month need to do better
  • Take time to learn what I want – I have a good job but after two years one is looking for either change or a promotion, I love the company I work for and wish there was an open promotion position that I could apply for. I am being tempted by offers from outside the company but if I am honest I want to stay in this company and grow. The question for me now is how to I go about doing just that? Still trying to figure this one out so stay tuned
  • Learn learn learn, I want to learn more both for my work and for my blogs. I have realised just taking each day as it comes both at work and blogging is not always the best way to go. I have signed up to take an e-course on sponsored travel and applied for a master’s program for work. PASSEDI will be doing my master’s program this coming September and I started my e-course on sponsored

BLOG GOALS

• Schedule – Last year I created a schedule for the blog, Mondays = Fashion Posts (or ideas), Tuesdays = Beauty Posts, Wednesday = Rest day or sponsored post, Thursday = Travel posts and Friday  = anything goes. The weekends were mostly put as days off, days to work on the posts for the week but starting February I am making a few changes. Monday will continue as Fashion posts/ideas, Tuesdays will now be Travel post days, Wednesday will be Beauty posts and Thursday to Sunday will be whatever is on my plate. SUCCESSFollowed this to the letter.
  • Schedule posts – As mentioned earlier, I run two blogs and I work full-time so I can not always do my blogs on the day and as most bloggers know inspiration can strict at any time so I write whenever and have to plan the posts. I mostly use my weekends to write posts and schedule them but I want to come up with a better schedule. SUCCESS I managed to do it for the entirety of February but left room for on the day posts.
  • Improve monthly views – Like I said January has been a great month, my daily views are now average over 1000 views (about 600 visitors) which is awesome for me but I want to improve. We closed January with just under 17k views (over 8k visitors + 1.3k comments) my usual is 7K a month, this has been an achievement in its own and I would like to improve this if not double it. Failedactually decreased in February so only managed the usually 7k.
  • Approach potential sponsors – Again January saw me earn just under a thousand pounds which is totally awesome and this was through PRs and a few companies reaching out directly to me. I want to improve the blog earnings and this time I want to start approaching potential sponsors that fit with my blog. FAILEDdid not approach any potentials sponsors, spent too much time traveling and less time on the blog.
  • Improve social media followership – Having two blogs I decided Christmas Day last year to finally create social media for each blog so I decided to create  new social media for A July Dreamer =Instagram and Facebook. I will always use this Instagram and Facebook for this blog but mostly it will be for The Myrabev Life. PARTIAL SUCCESSImproved a bit but then noticed some unfollowers which can be depressing so I have downloaded unfollower apps too.

{2016} MARCH GOALS

As I have mentioned above, my philosophy is if at first you don’t succeed move it to the next month until you do, with that spirit here are the goals I am moving to the March goals.

I have decided to not set any extra goals this month but to focus on the months I did not manage to complete last month plus to be more intentional and spend some quality time with my man.

Have you set any goals for this month, is there anything you want to accomplish this month?

1. Chris Hoover
    March 4, 2016 / 12:14 am

What a smart goals! I believe that we will achieve our goals if we work it. I love what you want to learn. 🙂

• March 4, 2016 / 5:29 am

Thanks Chris

2. March 3, 2016 / 4:41 pm

Thank you for sharing your goals with us. It sounds like a great plan and I hope it inspires me.

• March 3, 2016 / 5:22 pm

Thanks

3. Jeanine
    March 3, 2016 / 3:58 pm

Sounds like you have a great plan! I don’t blog on the weekend unless something big comes up or a sponsored post is needed on the weekend – which is rare. I take that time to enjoy the kids being home and I often sit down and think about what the coming week will bring with my blog. Its a great way to figure stuff out.

• March 3, 2016 / 4:02 pm

I try to take weekends off but I also use the weekends to blog and schedule posts for the week ahead which still leaves me tired and drained lol

4. March 3, 2016 / 7:01 am

I still feel wierd about approaching brands. The first 3.5 years, I assumed they’d find me. FAIL. It takes me all day to keep up on social media for one blog, it would be tough to do for two.

• March 3, 2016 / 7:37 am

It’s a weird feeling indeed but one that I have to overcome and stump my fear lol. It’s takes me forever for one blog hence why my other one is suffering

5. March 3, 2016 / 6:22 am

Your self-discovery & development goals are inspiring! I say go for learning new things. We are never too old nor too young for learning. I have been doing things here & there wherein I feel that I would learn more. Fuel your passion, you go girl!

• March 3, 2016 / 7:35 am

Thanks so much Russ, we are definitely never to old or young to learn new things

6. March 3, 2016 / 4:53 am

It sounds like you have an excellent plan in place. I don’t see how you run two blogs and work full time

I was running two blogs for a few months. It’s not easy. I ended up selling one of my blogs.

• March 3, 2016 / 7:35 am

Selling? How does one sale a blog and yes it’s hard running two blogs

7. March 2, 2016 / 11:58 pm

It’s great to have short-term goals. I think having this make us more micro-focused. I hope you achieve your goals.

• March 3, 2016 / 7:34 am

Thanks so much Miles, exactly what I was thinking

8. March 2, 2016 / 11:34 pm

Way to go on addressing your goals. I don’t have mine as clear cut ai you do but I think it is a great way to keep in check

• March 3, 2016 / 7:34 am

Thanks so much, I try to keep my goals like this

9. March 2, 2016 / 10:39 pm

Well, you are a very organized person aren’t you? I must say you do travel a lot. That’s wonderful to see the world with your mate. Just look at all the wonderful memories that you’re making. That’s fabulous! My hubby and I have memories similar to yours, but hubby likes to go to amusement parks and every year it’s a different one. hahahahahha

• March 2, 2016 / 11:16 pm

Hahahaha I would love to visit amusement parks every year too. Thanks Dolly

10. March 2, 2016 / 7:40 pm

I like the idea of wirting out monthly goals..even if you don’t necessarily meet them all. Such a great way to hold yourself accountable. I’ll have to start doing this.

• March 2, 2016 / 9:02 pm

Thanks Heather, I like monthly goals

11. March 2, 2016 / 6:23 pm

I love your accountability system– I do this each month, too (although I’m not brave enough to post my results on the web haha!), and honestly it’s such a great way to check in with yourself to see how you’re doing on something. A month is a great way to measure it out, too, because you can stop at the end of each month and really analyze if you have to change your game plan or if you’ve been super successful at something. Keep up the great work! Women who set goals go places!

• March 2, 2016 / 6:43 pm

Awww thanks so much Rachel I appreciate that and good luck with yours too

12. March 2, 2016 / 6:19 pm

I love how you state your goals for the month. It’s a great idea. It looks like you have a lot planned for March. I’d love to have some more date nights with my husband in March.

• March 2, 2016 / 6:43 pm

Thanks, I want to spend more time with boo as well

13. March 2, 2016 / 6:09 pm

Well done on achieving so many goals! And congrats on breaking your page view record! That’s so awesome!

• March 2, 2016 / 6:15 pm

Thanks

14. March 2, 2016 / 5:43 pm

It’s great that you’ve been checking some things off the list. I think having that schedule will help with your other goals.

• March 2, 2016 / 6:07 pm

Thanks so much Liz

15. March 2, 2016 / 4:29 pm

I love that you’re keeping track of your goals and whether you’ve met them. I am working toward being more organized about my blog, both the writing part and the promotions part. I haven’t actually set a goal for it yet, but I really should. Thanks for the inspiration!

• March 2, 2016 / 4:33 pm

Glad to have inspired you and I am trying to do the same be more organised

16. March 2, 2016 / 3:27 pm

Wow! You have awesome goals this March! Thanks for sharing! Your post actually made me stop and thing that it’s already the 3rd month of this year!!! Have to recalibrate where I’m at at with my goals too!

• March 2, 2016 / 3:48 pm

We all need to recalibrate these days as time seems to be flying by fast

17. March 2, 2016 / 3:23 pm

I need to get better about setting goals and following through with them like this!! You set some very attainable goals for March good luck!

• March 2, 2016 / 3:48 pm

Thanks Tammilee

18. March 2, 2016 / 3:15 pm

This is wonderful that you dedicate such time on your goals. I always have huge ideas, but they never get done because I don’t actively pursue them. I need to start making real goals and working on it. Good luck on all of your March goals.

• March 2, 2016 / 3:47 pm

Thanks so much I need to start working actively on most of mine

19. March 2, 2016 / 3:14 pm

When setting goals for my blog, I try to take the weekends off. It rarely happens because I usually have a sponsored post or two due on Mondays and I have to put the finishing touches on them. I do work early in the mornings so I’ll have the rest of the day off to spend with family and friends.

• March 2, 2016 / 3:47 pm

I too try to take we weekends off and mostly do but I am always traveling and there is always something to write about especially on the sponsored or collaboration front

20. March 2, 2016 / 8:56 am

Great goals! “Me time” is always a must. This is one of the ONLY months I won’t be traveling anywhere so I really want to focus on my blog. I really want to increase my Pinterest reach <3

• March 2, 2016 / 9:09 am

Thanks, I definitely want to focus on me and my relationship this month