August, the 8th month of the year is here meaning we are only 4 months shy of 2017 which in all honesty is slightly scary idea to think about. There is so much I feel I have achieved and yet so much I want to achieve this year. I shared in my January 2016 goals that I would like to be driving before 2016 ends and currently I have not yet started my practical driving lessons (😬🙀). I have however just passed my Theory Test, which I am very happy about and can not confidently book my practical and arrange for some practical lessons.
July 2016 Goals
For the July Goals, I have broken them down into: Success (+Partial) or Failed, the failed goals always get moved to the next month for me to try work on them again.
SUCCESS OR PARTIAL SUCCESS
- Improve organisation skills – I have been lacking in this department for most of last month and a bit the month before. I somehow can’t seem to get organised enough. I used to have a process, a routine if you like, but somehow that got thrown to the waste side and now I am drowning in commitments. I need a new strategy to work on this both personally and otherwise. PARTIAL SUCCESS – I am slightly improving but still struggling.
- Plan and schedule – this goes in line with the above. My blogging life is suffering which in turn is starting to affect my work life and that can not continue to happen. I need to go back to utilising one weekend a month to seat, brainstorm and schedule the usual weekly posts and only use daily for urgent posts. PARTIAL SUCCESS – I am still working on this.
- Celebrate – as mentioned above, this month is very special I will be celebrating my 29th birthday (7th)and my 3rd blogaversary (8th). I am not doing anything special but it would be nice to celebrate it even if it’s alone in my apartment with a glass of the good stuff. SUCCESS – I celebrated in Copenhagen instead of staying in my home.
FAILED – to try again
- Social media detox – I have not done this in a while and I need to unplug at least one day a week. It’s hard since I spend almost 10+ hours online but I need to cut myself off after work or use one Saturday and not be online for anything. FAILED – In my defence, I do log off sometimes but not enough to be considered a ‘proper social media detox’.
- Declutter: Home and Closet – I aim to declutter my closet every 6 weeks but I forgot to do it since January so I am in need of a good decluttering session. FAILED – I will be working on this soon, I promised myself.
- Grad School – I am headed back to university (part-time) this September and I need to allocate some time this month to prepare the documentation and finances ready for September. FAILED – I need to work on this in August.
August 2016 Goals
I have not really had chance to think much about what I want to accomplish in my August 2016 goals, but as my motto is ‘if at first you don’t succeed, move the goals to the next month’, I will be doing exactly that with some of my July goals and adding in a couple for August 2016 goals.
- Book Practical Driving Lessons and Test – As I mentioned above, I have PASSED my driving Theory Test, so I will be booking some lessons and hope to do my test by mid-October 2016.
- Social media detox – I have not done this in a while and I need to unplug at least one day a week. It’s hard since I spend almost 10+ hours online but I need to cut myself off after work or use one Saturday and not be online for anything.
- Decluttering: Home and Closet – I aim to declutter my closet every 6 weeks but I forgot to do it since January so I am in need of a good decluttering session.
- Allocate some time for Friends – I am so bad at keeping in touch with my friends, I need to make some time this month and just allocate a weekend or two to seeing some of my friends.
- Post Grad School – I am headed back to university (part-time) this September and I need to allocate some time this month to prepare the documentation and finances ready for September.
There are other goals that I will be working on, but until I see some progress I will not be adding them to the blog. With that being said, do you have any August 2016 goals set?
Do you set goals? How Frequent are your goals?