November 2016 goals seem to have come round a bit too early, that’s because I set the October goals late. I believe it’s never too late to set goals, if at first you don’t succeed try again. That has been my philosophy since I started blogging and setting monthly goals.
I should probably have started with Happy November everyone, somehow that did not register but there you go. We have just under 8 weeks before 2016 ends, this is the perfect time to check out yearly goals. Though who know me know I am not one for resolutions, I however set guides for direction.
Since the October 2016 goals where set so late, I have not managed to complete them all. Regardless we will review both October 2016 and January 2016 goals then see where we are in month eleven. October 2016 goals will be reviewed next to see what will be ‘moved forward‘ to November 2016 goals.
January 2016 Goals
January – March –> Driving and Buy a car, this goal have had since 2009. Each year I had pushed it back because of either money issues or just lack of time. 2016 is the year that I made more of an effort,dedicated some time to get it done. I wanted to continue with manual car learning but now I think automatic will be best for me.
Review: I am learning to drive and booked my driving test for this month. I am investing in myself and I know this will only bring good things.
Prognosis: On track
April – June –> Take my blog to the next level, I want to improve my earnings from the blog. I am making it a point of saving all the money earned from the blog starting January 2016. I want to see how much I can save and then use some of the money to improve this blog.
Review: I started with good intentions, I saved up month one but then used all for my #take12trips challenge.
Prognosis: Failed, I say failed because I didn’t keep the money. I feel like I passed still because I spent this on traveling and exploring the world.
July – September –> Travel as much as I can and go to as many places as I possibly can. I am taking part in the #Take12Trips challenge and so far I have taken 2 trips abroad. I have planned 3 trips abroad which I am eagerly anticipating.
Review: I have done mor travel in 2016 than I had ever in my entire life. This in itself is an accomplishment, all my blog earnings I used to explore Europe, Asia and Africa. I have been to TWELVE (12) countries between January 2016 and October 2016.
Remainder of the year
October – December –> Save up money for my first mortgage. I want to buy my own place in 2017, so saving up money for this is wise.
Review: I still have an opportunity to save up money for the mortgage. Though I have already used some October blog earnings, I can keep November and December. Unfortunately for me, Christmas is coming and I still need a car.
Prognosis: On track
October 2016 Goals
The October 2016 Goals where set past the half of mark for the month, regardless lets see how I did.
- Assignments: I have two assignments to submit for university and I need to submit them before due date.
Review: The assignment due last week has been handed in, working on the next one due next week. Partial Success
- Attend Classes: First week in November I have 2 classes to attend, I hope to make these. Ongoing
- Book weekend getaway: A friend and I are thinking of heading to Rome next month, this will only happen if I do my assignments. Ongoing
- Create a schedule: I am in need of a good foolproof schedule planner to plan rest of October until December 31st 2016. Ongoing
- Saving for first car: Provided I pass my scheduled driving test, I am hoping to get a small car to get me around. Ongoing
- Schedule posts: This goes well with the above, if I create a schedule I can add in blogging time where possible. Success, I have been scheduling posts 2-3 days in advance.
- Schedule TV/shows time: Again having a schedule planner will really help me with this. Success, I have not been watching much TV, dedicating my time to reading and blogging.
- Restart Exercising: Last proper exercise was beginning of September before my holiday. Upon my return I have been busy with university and outside work training. I am hoping the rest of October I can pull up my socks and start again. Success, I started going back to the gym last week and I am still feeling the pain now. I have university this week so will miss some days but jammed packed classes in two days.
November 2016 Goals
I am a big believe in ‘move it forward’ if you don’t succeed and that’s exactly what I am doing. I won’t set new goals on the blog, concentration will be on current goals.
- Attend Classes: First week in November I have 2 classes to attend, I hope to make these.
- Book weekend getaway: A friend and I are thinking of heading to Rome next month, this will only happen if I do my assignments.
- Create a schedule: I am in need of a good foolproof schedule planner to plan rest of October until December 31st 2016.
- Saving for first car: Provided I pass my scheduled driving test, I am hoping to get a small car to get me around.
And there you have it, a retrospective review of 2016 goals and progress of the goals so far. The aim now is to accomplish the November 2016 goals since the December goals will be Christmas focused.
Happy November, do you set monthly or yearly goals? How do you measure success of goal completion?