Home ideas for Spring

Though winter is battering on like it will never end, spring is not too far off. It’s hard to believe when you’re knee-deep in snow to think about spring. But spring is coming, and I am here to give you some home ideas for spring in preparation. Spring is a time of new beginnings, flowers bloom and the colours reappear after hiding from winter.

Darker curtains for the bedroom

I love spring like the next person but I hate dislike the sun in my face before I am fully awake. If you’re anything like me I recommend getting some darker and heavy curtains for the bedroom. Yes spring is the time of new beginnings but if it ruins my morning there won’t be no beginning to enjoy.

home for spring

Bifolding doors for the livingroom

Having bifolding doors between your livingroom and conservatory is a great idea to welcome spring. Unlike in the bedroom, I love my livingroom well light and bifolding doors can help with that. They can help to really open up the space and welcome natural lighting and fresh air.

Brighten your home

Spring is all about beautiful colours so it makes sense to add as much colour around the house as possible. I am thinking beautiful and bright cushions in the livingroom and the bedroom. It does not have to be expensive, you can buy affordable cushion and chair covers. Adding flowers to the home is also another way to brighten your home.

home ideas for spring

Prepare for Spring cleaning

Confession, I am not a fun of spring cleaning it’s just not my thing that’s why I don’t wait till spring to do the overall cleaning. I think it’s best to start a few weeks before spring, don’t pack your winter woolies just yet but prepare. Start by decluttering what you can, for most people it’s the closet for others it’s the laundry room. Whatever it is start to prepare to make it easier for when spring comes and you start the actual spring cleaning.

Get your garden ready

This is more practical if you don’t have any more snow planned or still falling. Some of us in the UK have been fortunate with little to no snow so it’s easy to start getting the garden ready. Though I know next to nothing about maintaining a garden, my mother on the other hand is busy at work on her garden.

*Collaborative

1. February 17, 2017 / 1:25 pm

Spring time brings mixed feelings for me. I want the warm weather but everything is in bloom and I’m allergic. I desperately want to open the windows and take in the fresh air. Spring cleaning is a must.

2. Dee
    February 17, 2017 / 3:19 am

I am a big sucker for natural like shining through my house! It gives me peace to see and it and it make me feel like my home is more welcoming.

3. February 16, 2017 / 8:30 pm

There is nothing like spring sunshine, I love to have windows open so that spring shines in and thank you for the reminder of spring laundry

4. February 16, 2017 / 8:23 pm

Ah, yes, the sun peeking through the window to wake you up bright and early… LOL I do enjoy my quiet morning time when everyone else is still asleep. I get so much done! We were talking about our garden plans just the other day. Spring thoughts are definitely floating in the breeze. 🙂

~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

5. chubskulit
    February 16, 2017 / 10:46 am

That living room is so spacious! Spring is almost here and I am starting to slowly Spring clean. Great tips.

6. valmg
    February 16, 2017 / 3:39 am

I love spring, it’s one of my two favorite seasons. We put some blinds underneath the curtains and it solves any light issues there might be.

7. Amanda
    February 16, 2017 / 3:37 am

I just love all of these tips–you have me dreaming about Spring and sprucing up my house for a season of warmth and sunshine. Love your garden tips…can’t wait to play in the dirt with my boys!

8. February 16, 2017 / 3:07 am

These are all great tips!! I actually just bought heavier curtains because the sun is already in my face in the mornings! HA!

9. Pam W
    February 15, 2017 / 10:25 pm

We are getting ready to start our garden! We try to start preparing the land and getting seeds sprouted in late winter.

10. Baby Isabella
    February 15, 2017 / 10:13 pm

Great tips! Decluttering our house ready for spring cleaning would be top of our list!

11. kerry norris
    February 15, 2017 / 8:15 pm

I would love bifolding doors. They bring in so much light. We are looking at doing our garden asap x

12. Annemarie LeBlanc
    February 15, 2017 / 8:03 pm

Our bedroom gets afternoon sun, so we are spared from getting the sun in our face in the morning. My son’s bedroom is facing the east so it is his bedroom that needs darker curtains. I need to start preparing for spring, and once the weather gets a little warmer, I am going to start putting some of the winter stuff away.

13. Shannon Graham
    February 15, 2017 / 7:12 pm

The first thing my husband and I did to our room was darken our curtains. The sun in your face in the morning is the worst.

14. Jacqui Stewart
    February 15, 2017 / 6:40 pm

Love these spring ideas! I unfortunately only have one window in my bedroom, but I have curtains that I love over the blinds. Making an apt into a home the best way you can, can be a challenge!

15. February 15, 2017 / 6:20 pm

These are such great home ideas for spring! I LOVE spring (especially since it’s my birthday season). For spring, I’m all about bright colors <3

16. February 15, 2017 / 4:14 pm

We recently got room darkening curtains for our living room, and they have been a Godsend as we’re trying to watch TV. I never realized just how much we weren’t seeing until we could see it all!

17. Jeanette
    February 15, 2017 / 3:57 pm

I think spring is one of my favorite months because I do feel the need of cleaning up cleaning out her G and making the house look fresh. These are some great ideas.

18. February 15, 2017 / 1:43 pm

Since I’m moving this weekend, I’m also “spring” cleaning”. It started last month with Apartment Therapy’s The January Cure, but then we put in a notice to move, and now I’m cleaning left and right so we don’t have to move all the stuff we don’t need!

19. Paula Schuck
    February 15, 2017 / 1:28 pm

I LOVE the spring! We’re already planning out our vegetable garden and where everything is going to go. Gardening is a family affair around here.

20. Candy Kage
    February 15, 2017 / 1:01 pm

I am already planning for this years garden and will be starting seedling next week. We always have heavy curtains to keep the light out for a good nights sleep.

21. Robin Rue
    February 15, 2017 / 11:33 am

I need to get started on my spring cleaning, but it’s hard to find the motivation until next month for me when it’s daylight savings and the weather starts getting warmer.

22. Alli Smith
    February 15, 2017 / 9:17 am

I’ve been spring cleaning lately and changing things up in my living room so that everyone looks bright and colorful. I always change my throw pillow covers according to the season.

23. February 15, 2017 / 7:56 am

Fab spring tips for home decor. Need to get my house spring ready.