5 Must Have Weekender Bags

Weekender bags are a great accessory for those who are always on the move like myself. Rarely am I ever at home because 75% of the time I am abroad doing the tourist thing. So having a weekender bag is paramount for a travel junkie like myself. I will confess those that normally for me my weekender bag is a backpack I do love checking out other bags on the market.

Must-Have Weekender Bags

Five Must-Have Weekender Bags

Weekender bags are those bags that are big enough to carry your essentials and a couple of clothing items. These are bags that I believe qualify as weekender bags though can be used for more than that.

Duffle Bags

Recently I had an opportunity to collaborate with Mahi leather to bring awareness to the water charity Frank Water. With that I was gifted a lovely real leather duffle bag which I was bestowed with. I chose The Armada Duffle bag (£110) which was made to order and has 100% cotton lining interior. This duffle bag makes a lovely weekender bag when all you want to carry are a few essential items.

Shoulder Bags

Normally I avoid taking shoulder bags on a weekend getaway because I find them troublesome to carry. For me a perfect weekender bag is a backpack but I have realised that even some shoulder bags can do the job. There are many options out there of weekender should bags but my two favourite are: Schuh and Cath Kidston.

Backpacks

As mentioned for me a backpack is my #1 must have weekender bag, they are so easy to carry. I don’t have to worry about dragging a bag around with me because it’s always on my back and always light. Backpacks don’t always scream fashionable but honestely I don’t give two tuts about it. For me it’s about the practicality of things and if I can be fashionable at the same time, great.

Tote bags

Tote bags by nature are large bags that you can use to carry a number of items unlike your everyday purse. I own a few tote bags and enjoy using them as weekender bags if I am just heading to do some shopping. But I have on many occassions used them whilst traveling around the country and they are life safers.

Cute bags

Whilst I always go for practicality I am still a girl who loves cute bags, shoes and clothes. Not that the aforementioned bags can not be cute, they can but just had to add it in. I have so many cute bags that are not suitable for travel for practicality reasons but are still cute.

What kind of bags do you like carrying for a weekend getaway or mini holiday break? Are you the suitcase always kind of girl, or the black hole bag is the way to go?

1. Michelle/cocowouldapprove.com
    March 18, 2017 / 3:42 am

Those are great bags, I need a new weekender bag

2. Nichole Freeman
    March 17, 2017 / 1:33 am

I love all the bag choices. I would use either one. But my preference is the duffel bag.

3. March 16, 2017 / 7:28 pm

I am a total bag girl, no matter this size shape or colour, currently into backpacks. A great selection. x

4. Gym Bunny Mummy
    March 16, 2017 / 6:32 pm

That backpack is stunning! I really need a good backpack as my little boy has special needs so I really struggle to carry a shoulder bag

5. The Mum Diaries
    March 16, 2017 / 4:25 pm

I am obsessed with tote bags! love them, however I am on the look out for a more everyday sort of shoulder bag!

6. Ana Ojha
    March 16, 2017 / 3:33 pm

Some great picks! Loved your Duffle and Tote bags! I prefer backpacks for my trips to dump all my carry-on items!

7. Clairejustineo
    March 16, 2017 / 10:43 am

What a lovely selection. I was more of a shoes kind of person in recent years but I find I am more into bags lately. Love this selection, my favourite is the London bag, is it Cath Kidston? I have one with this print on in green 🙂

8. David E
    March 16, 2017 / 6:49 am

To be honest I’m a bit jealous that you get to have all of these bags to carry stuff in. Aside from the Backpack or the male equivalent of a bag, a briefcase, we don’t have much to hold stuff in.

9. T-Nicole Johnson
    March 16, 2017 / 2:13 am

Great selections! I love weekend bags. I purchased my last duffle bag from Target and love it.

10. Valerie CottageMakingMommy
    March 16, 2017 / 12:20 am

I just bought a tote to use as a purse. I carry so much and I couldn’t find a big purse with a zipper and an adjustable strap.

11. Battle Mum (BattleMum)
    March 15, 2017 / 9:03 pm

For a weekend I used to use Tote bags but nowadays it has to be a backpack. They’re much more practical especially with a 3 year old in tow.

12. Jayne
    March 15, 2017 / 8:44 pm

I love shoulder bags and they seem to accommodate all of the kitchen sink that I take along with me! 🙂 x

13. March 15, 2017 / 7:54 pm

I’m definitely partial to cute bags! The cuter and frillier the better!! I actually like backpacks the best just because of weight distribution. I carried a shoulder bag for a year and it really messed up my shoulders!! Be careful not to cram TOO much in there~ I have a little hoarding problem where things go into the bag and never come out… oops!

14. March 15, 2017 / 7:44 pm

I love big bags! I use them all of the time. Since I have 2 kids, I am always carrying so much with me that I think I need a suit case to get me through the day.

15. Mari
    March 15, 2017 / 6:23 pm

When I fly I prefer rolling my suit case across the airport. Love using these kinds of bags when I am going on a road trip, they all look practical and chic.

16. March 15, 2017 / 3:34 pm

I do have most of these bags but as a travel blogger I have gotten in the habit of using a carry-on only suitcase and that is my go-to for all things travel.

17. Kristen Koehler
    March 15, 2017 / 1:01 pm

I usually bring a small roller case and a crossbody as a purse if I am visiting a new city. But I love your choices. Years ago I had a fantastic leather backpack and loved it – so practical!

18. Talya Stone
    March 15, 2017 / 12:26 pm

I am a duffel kind of girl but I have all of these bags at hand ready for any occasion!

19. Blair Villanueva
    March 15, 2017 / 11:27 am

For weekend, I prefer a duffel bag to carry my stuffs especiallyi f i have an outdoor event.

20. Super Busy Mum
    March 15, 2017 / 8:54 am

I am a total backpack sort of girl but these bags are all lovely.

21. Lyndsey O'Halloran
    March 15, 2017 / 7:32 am

I really love a shoulder bag, especially for places like London