How to pamper yourself during THAT “Time of the month”

That time of the month is the worst thing ever for most of us ladies. I mean Aunt Flo doesn’t play fair to some of us I think. Would it hurt her to just send a quick message saying “what’s up girl, ain’t pregnant this month” enjoy the chocolate. But nope she thinks it’s much more fun just to show up uninvited and ruin the mood. Since we don’t really have a say how does one pamper oneself during that “time of the month”?

time of the month

Every girl woman has that one or two things she does during that time of the month. Things that just help make the pain a little bearable, and yes it does feel like the world is ending sometimes. Personally all the ideas I am sharing help me a little making the experience more manageable.

Related: Foods to eat during that time

How to pamper yourself during THAT “time of the month”

Hot shower or soak in the bath

Water {HOT} somehow seems to have this miraculous effect on me during that time. Whenever I soak in a bath somehow the pain just dissipates and I can stay forever like that. Once I leave the bath my body remembers the pain and it’s a fight to try something else. Whenever you have painful cramps or manageable ones I think a nice soak in the bath or nice shower is a perfect treat.

time of the month

Drink some tea

If like me you love your teas and the pain has returned after a good soak in the bath then have some tea. Twinnings and Tetley tea has my favourite fruity tea combinations; Jasmine & Lychee. I have tried many different brands and these two are my go to teas at work but at home I have others. Tea for me is just the answer to practically everything and when the cramps get so bad I just drink tea. During that time I analyse how to proceed and the tea helps me get there.

Exercise & Spa

Ok here me out fellow non-gym goers, I know exercising and pampering don’t normally go together in a sentence. I feel one can pamper themselves with a lovely work out and finish off in the spa {if your local gym has one}. Or if you’re anything like me you will start and end in the spa area because that’s what pampering is all about. 😉

Related : {Download a period tracker ~ P tracker lite}

Pampering differs for everyone girl or woman but it almost always involves chocolate or something equally as sinful. That time of the month is not always pleasant for most of us so don’t judge us for pampering ourselves. Because whilst me might smile our insides are busy ripping each other apart all because the egg wasn’t fertilised.

Ladies, how do you pamper yourselves during that time of the month? Actually scratch that, how do you like being pampered?

1. Deimarys Colon
    April 5, 2017 / 8:09 pm

I like to wait for the kids to go to bed so I can have a nice warm bath and then read.

2. March 27, 2017 / 3:20 pm

Chocolates ,tea,hot water bag and book .That’s what makes me happy during those times.But exercise I try too.

3. Marisa Hernandez
    March 27, 2017 / 10:54 am

Such. Good advice. I need to do some of these …especially the spa day!

4. Janine Good
    March 27, 2017 / 5:58 am

These are great suggestions for this time of the month. I like baths as I get quite ill around that time. That cakes looks delicious!

5. Valerie CottageMakingMommy
    March 26, 2017 / 4:18 pm

I crave sweets and just am overall tired at this time. I like tea too. Would you believe nobody in the country out her serves hot tea. Crazy I tell you.

6. March 26, 2017 / 2:36 am

I stuff my face with cake during this time. I just feel gross, honestly, and cake helps. I also enjoy tea!

7. Andrea Broom
    March 25, 2017 / 2:31 pm

I definitely treat myself with way too much dairy free ice cream LOL. I also really like to eat a lot of chocolate haha dark, and magnesium rich foods as it helps a little with my discomfort.

8. Ola Broom
    March 25, 2017 / 1:26 pm

Don’t hate me…I do not have pain during that time. I’ve had some discomfort maybe 2-3 times in my life but never any pain. To pamper myself though I like to soak in hot eucalyptus bath water.

9. J Shan Trice
    March 25, 2017 / 1:58 am

During my time of the month I crave sweet and salty. I treat myself to Salt & Vinegar chips along with choclate candy bars so I eat Mr. Goodbars and Crunch Bars. Subsequently, I end up laying in my bed and sulking every chance I get during my period. BTW that Red Velvet cake looks decadent!

• March 25, 2017 / 7:13 am

I crave salty stuff 2 weeks before, sweet stuff a week before and during but it makes the pain even worse so I try and avoid them when I can. But I still do endulge in a good chocolate 😜