Guerlain: Perfume, Skincare & Cosmetics

Guerlain

Guerlain, one of Frances oldest perfume, skincare and cosmetics company which was family owned but now part of LVMH family. Prior to my recent unplanned work trip to Paris, I was none the wiser about the brand. Whilst it lost the connection to the Guerlain family with the fourth generation, it’s still seen as one of the best world-wide. The house of Guerlain has produced some of the best perfumes in the world even gaining Napoleon III’s approval. As well as those of Spanish and British monarchs.

On top of the absolutely divinely smelling perfumes, you can find cosmetics and skincare products. I had the great fortune of purchasing a lipgloss inside Guerlain and receiving a sample of their latest serum. It took me all day to make up my mind on which perfume I wanted but by then I was back at the airport. Thank Zeus for duty-free at airports I was able to pick up two Guerlain perfumes though today I am only showcasing one. Before I share my thoughts on the perfume thought I talk a little about the cosmetics and skincare.

Guerlain: Cosmetics and Skincare

Guerlain

I won’t claim to know much about this awesome brand but I will say I am loving the gloss and serum. It might have something to do with how expensive these two little items are or it could be they are just awesome.

What I loved about the lipgloss is that whilst it has a lovely pigmentation it doesn’t stain. I noticed it didn’t leave my lips dry but felt more moisturised. The only downfall like most lipsticks is duration, I like lipglosses that stay a little longer. But this made up by not being sticky like typical lipglosses and definitely would be mistaken for lipstick.

The serum was offered to me as a sample and I must say whilst it’s small it showed it’s worth in gold. I like the texture of the serum, it gets absorbed really easily into the skin and smells lovely.

Guerlain: Perfumes

When I visited the Guerlain shop in Champs-Élysées in Paris upon entry there is no assault of huge scents. Each sent has somehow become combined into one but offering different smells dependent on where you stand. I liked that it wasn’t all one huge aroma but individualised giving you the opportunity to appreciate each separately. Obviously coffee beans were offered to mane you senses and be able to try out many of the perfumes on offer.

As mentioned already I struggled to pick just one perfume so I left without buying anything. The next day when leaving I managed to find the very perfume I liked on sale at duty-free. I jumped at the opportunity and bought two of the perfumes and never looked back. Full details of my thoughts on these perfumes will be shared in a future post but I can still say I love it. The perfume is not overly strong yet it lasts all day if not a couple of days. This perfume has become my go-to perfume and I just love how it smells on my skin and clothes.

Have you ever heard of or tried any Guerlain products?

1. April 22, 2017 / 8:36 pm

I have never tried this brand before but always hear amazing things i love that this works well with those who have sensitive skin.

2. Ourlipsaremoving
    April 20, 2017 / 6:03 pm

I’ve never been a big fan of perfumes due to the strong smells and my sensitive skin. But the I’ve never heard of their products but I will definetly give it a try!

3. April 20, 2017 / 9:47 am

I think I’ve had a tester or two and really enjoyed them but honestly feel like I should go into store and get some more, question is what to buy first haha

4. April 20, 2017 / 7:25 am

Another interesting brand to check out. The packaging looks very regal.

5. David Elliott
    April 20, 2017 / 3:49 am

To be honest I have not tried any of those products before. That’s great that you are loving them though.

6. Curvylogic.com
    April 19, 2017 / 6:35 pm

What a great post. I can’t say that I’ve heard of their products however the packaging and the look of the product itself are beautiful.

7. Sushmita Thakare Jain
    April 19, 2017 / 5:41 pm

Same here have never hear about the brand, but loved how you have presented and reviewed them. Love your writing style 🙂

8. April 19, 2017 / 4:04 pm

I’ve never heard of Guerlain products before, but they sound lovely. I would love to smell the perfume!

9. Baby Isabella
    April 19, 2017 / 3:27 pm

We love the way you’ve styled this post. Guerlain is very opulent and glamourous and the skincare range looks lush x

10. Kara
    April 19, 2017 / 8:47 am

I didn’t realise Guerlain was still around, I have not seen it in the shops for ages. Will have to go on a local search

11. Blair Villanueva
    April 19, 2017 / 7:09 am

I’ve been wanting this for so long, but its quite expensive for me. But i heared many good reviews about Guerlain brands, they are amazing.

12. Deimarys Colon
    April 19, 2017 / 2:09 am

THis seems like really good quality products. Would love to smell the perfumes though. I love me some good perfumes!

13. Kristen
    April 19, 2017 / 1:23 am

I’ve heard of guerlain and maybe tried a moisturizer once but didn’t know a lot about the brand. Good to know!

14. April 19, 2017 / 12:17 am

This is my first time hearing about Guerlain but it is great that after some difficulty you managed to find a scent that you loved. Looking forward to the review!

15. T-Nicole Johnson
    April 18, 2017 / 11:23 pm

I’ve never tried this brand before. I love that they’re products are sold at some of my favorite stores in the states. Looking forward to trying them out. Thanks for sharing!

16. Suzy Mccullough
    April 18, 2017 / 9:56 pm

I have heard of the brand before but I did live in France for 14 years. I struggle to choose perfume in a shop as well. It’s sensory overload

17. Helen Jacob-Lloyd
    April 18, 2017 / 8:45 pm

I’ve heard of the brand before, but can’t say I’ve tried any of their products.

18. tots2travel
    April 18, 2017 / 7:15 pm

I love the scents and the packaging of their perfumes. What a lovely brand.

19. Joanna
    April 18, 2017 / 6:44 pm

I’ve not heard of this brand before I’ll certainly be looking out for your review posts of the perfumes.

20. Jayne
    April 18, 2017 / 5:26 pm

I’ve not tried this brand before, but they do sound very luxurious x

21. Laura Dove
    April 18, 2017 / 4:09 pm

I’ve never heard of this brand before but they do look great! I often judge a product on its packaging!

22. Divya Budhraja
    April 18, 2017 / 4:07 pm

I haven’t tried any Guerlain products but I should look into it! I’ve been looking for a good perfume to get and the ones I’ve found haven’t won me over!

23. Talya Stone
    April 18, 2017 / 3:46 pm

Guerlain products are synonymous with luxury to me their scents are amazing and their skin care up there with the best of them. Such a gorgeous luxury brand.

24. J Shan Trice
    April 18, 2017 / 1:55 pm

I can appreciate a great scent, lip gloss and serum! Their packaging is really clean and sleek. Thanks for sharing!

25. April 18, 2017 / 1:38 pm

I haven’t tried this product before, but I would. I am always on the search for a fantastic perfume. I look forward to reading more about the one you picked!

26. Briana Marie
    April 18, 2017 / 12:14 pm

I’m always having the hardest time choosing a new perfume. I don’t Want it to be too strong and I’m not a huge fan of floral scents but I want a scent that can last all day. I haven’t yet tried any Guerlain products.