Aveeno ~ The Body Wash and Nourishing Lotion

aveeno

AVEENO® body products are formulated to protect the skin and made from active colloidal oatmeal and/or pat extracts. It wasn’t until a few months back when a friend came to visit me that I took notice of this brand. I certainly wasn’t away that AVEENO® is part of the Johnson & Johnson family which we all love and trust. Yes I had seen the Jennifer Aniston ads on TV but to be honest I never gave them two hoots. Celebrity endorsed products means nothing to me these days I prefer more mouth to mouth kind of word. I would believe a fellow blogger over a celebrity any day.

aveeno

AVEENO® ~ The Body Wash

As someone who suffers from dry itchy skin I knew I had to do my own research on this product. Though my friend was happy to recommend this product I wasn’t about to jump in without my own research. Because when you have dry itchy skin, you can’t afford to just take someone’s word for it. When I finally took the plunge and purchased the AVEENO® body wash I chose  one for dry and sensitive skin. From the visit use of this body wash I knew I had to stock up. It does not only smell amazing but feels even more amazing on the skin. The formulation is nice and gooey gel like texture and lathes up pretty nicely. I love my showers really hot but always pay the price of itchy skin after. Since using AVEENO® body wash for dry and sensitive skin that’s a thing of the past.

aveeno

AVEENO® ~ The Nourishing lotion, Skin Relief.

One thing that I always insist on is using the same brand for showering and after care. For me it makes sense to stick to one brand but there has been occasions that I haven’t. This wasn’t one of those occasions, I had chosen to use the nourishing skin relief lotion with sheer butter. All women of colour know sheer butter is your friend, it always moisturizes the skin and doesn’t even you dry.

Many body lotions on the market do not contain oils that help to keep the skin moisturized. Most of us people of colour always have to add oils like J&J’s baby oil to get the similar benefits like sheer butter based products. It was therefore important for me when researching AVEENO® to find a product that would keep my skin moisturized all day. I can confirm that the skin relief lotion does exactly that and more.

Every day I shower 2-3 times a day using the AVEENO® body wash and almost immediately after moisturize with the AVEENO® skin relief nourishing lotion. Since I started using the brand, I have not suffered a bout of itchy skin nor does it feel or look dry.

Would I recommend AVEENO® body products to family, friends, strangers and readers? 💯 yes as this product and the brand are one I can confidently stand with. {Disclaimer: all opinions are based off my OWN experience}

1. May 25, 2017 / 4:14 pm

I’ve seen so much about Aveeno products and I’m going to go out and buy some. I find a lot of things I try dry my skin more than give it moisture.

2. Agnes Vazhure
    May 14, 2017 / 11:11 pm

Aveeno really makes good quality products, I love their body washes and face wipes. Also like that they are not expensive.

3. Sushmita Thakare Jain
    May 13, 2017 / 9:27 pm

Glad, you shared the review, one of my cousin is looking to try it out. Will share the post with her 😀

4. May 13, 2017 / 7:31 am

I love Aveeno products. It’s great for my dry and sensitive skin.

5. Blair Villanueva
    May 12, 2017 / 7:29 am

Thanks for your review! I’ve been seeing this brand in my favorite beauty store but never paid attention. I will try this too!

6. rika agustini
    May 12, 2017 / 7:08 am

I love Aveeno products.. so gentle on my skin. I need to try the body wash.

7. Breena Blake
    May 12, 2017 / 2:48 am

I love the way Aveeno products smell and that are nice a thick! I need to try their body wash.

8. Chrishelle Ebner
    May 11, 2017 / 8:43 pm

We love Aveeno. My whole family has sensitive skin and battles with eczema. Their body washes are mild and do not irritate. We even use it on our 7 month old grandson.

9. My Teen Guide
    May 11, 2017 / 7:05 pm

I will get this for my mom. She’s been complaining about itchy skin. She tried some creams/other medications but it still did not work. I think this is the answer to her skin irritation.

10. Tamshuk Saha
    May 11, 2017 / 3:39 pm

i have heard so many good things about Aveeno skincare products. Your review justifies that reputation.

11. Dorothy H
    May 11, 2017 / 12:30 pm

i use aveeno too! I love it. it works best to use it right after showering!

12. polarbelle
    May 11, 2017 / 8:19 am

It’s always good to find something to help with sensitive skin. and something that is moisturizing. I hate the water here and am always looking for a less offensive way to my skin to shower.

13. Andrea Soranidis
    May 11, 2017 / 7:31 am

I often use Aveeno products and I love them! They’re very delicate and gentle to my sensitive skin, absolutely great brand!

14. David Elliott
    May 11, 2017 / 6:27 am

I have had good experiences with Aveeno for the most part. I am glad that your experiences with it were good as well.

15. Chasity Boatman
    May 11, 2017 / 5:59 am

I ONLY use Avenno products of myself and my son because we have sensitive skin and eczema. It really helps when we have flair ups.

16. Alison Rost
    May 11, 2017 / 5:55 am

I’ve been using Aveeno products for more than a year now. I’d say they have great products.

17. Mars
    May 11, 2017 / 5:30 am

I love Aveeno skincare products. It makes your skin radiant and supple. Not to mention I’m a Jen Aniston fan. lols

18. Rebecca Swenor
    May 11, 2017 / 4:39 am

Aveeno skin care products are awesome especially for those with sensitive skin. The Nourishing Skin Relief is something I am going to have to try for sure. Thanks for sharing these awesome lotions.

19. Deimarys Colon
    May 11, 2017 / 1:28 am

Aveeno is the number product used in this household. Elias has really sensitive skin and Aveeno is so gentle on his skin.

20. T-Nicole Johnson
    May 11, 2017 / 1:02 am

Aveeno is one of my favorite skincare brands. I’ve tried so many of their amazing products.

21. chubskulit
    May 10, 2017 / 8:42 pm

Aveeno is one of my favorite brand when it comes to skin care. I love their lotion!

22. Maro Akamatra
    May 10, 2017 / 7:28 pm

I am glad you found something you like to use! I know how hard it is to find reliable products!

23. May 10, 2017 / 5:50 pm

Aveeno is one of my favorite brands. I have sensitive skin so I really need to watch and stay away from harsh chemicals hidden in products like lotions.

24. valmg
    May 10, 2017 / 4:28 pm

I remember that one of my brothers had terrible skin problems as a young child. My Mom always used Aveeno to help manage them.

25. May 10, 2017 / 2:22 pm

I have been using some lotion that ends up leaving my skin a little sticky or greasy. I think I will need to try this brand instead.

26. May 10, 2017 / 1:34 pm

We use a lot of Aveeno products in our house! They are staples in this family. It’s the only lotion I can put on my son’s face that doesn’t break him out when he’s got dry skin.

27. May 10, 2017 / 1:32 pm

I love these products! We have several Aveeno items in the house. I use them as well as my kids. We get dry skin, and Aveeno helps!

28. Candy Kage
    May 10, 2017 / 12:27 pm

Aveeno products have been around for a very long time and have proven how good they are. We use several different Aveeno products.

29. Robin Rue
    May 10, 2017 / 11:50 am

I have always been a fan of Aveeno products. I have been using them for years and have always been really happy with them.

30. May 10, 2017 / 11:30 am

Aveeno seem to do some really lovely products I’ve used their moisturiser before and have been really impressed with how well it works.