2017 Summer Jewellery Trends

Summer might not be here for a while yet but I am sure we’ve all had the odd sunny day recently which reminds us that’s it’s just around the corner. I know I did which got me thinking about my jewellery for this summer.

Summer fashion is always fun and interesting there are so many different ways to approach it and I can’t wait to tackle the summer months for my fashion favourites. But for now, let’s take a look at the jewellery trends for this summer.

2017 Summer Jewellery Trends

The 2017 trends are a real mix of old classics and new pieces that are showing a boom in popularity, so without further ado let’s take a look at my top picks for 2017’s summer jewellery trends.

Minerals and Geodes

Raw minerals and geodes are easily one of my picks for 2017 trends, offering a variety of colours and shapes, both men and women’s jewellery looks stunning with these natural beauties. Necklaces, in particular, were seen a lot on the summer runways from the big designers, but they are used in a variety of different pieces.

Finding mineral and geode jewellery can require a bit of searching but it will be worth it. I’ve seen some beautiful pieces on tateossian.com but you might be able to find some locally as well.

Thin Chokers

The choker has been a regular fixture of the UK’s summer jewellery seen for some years now but 2017 trends have shown it’s changed a little. Instead of the thicker more traditional choker trends are showing thinner and finer chokers to be the new favourite this summer. From simple bands of leather to more ornate pieces the fine choker looks set to be a popular piece this summer.

2017 summer jewellery trends

Gold Hoop Ear Rings

Great news the classic gold hoop earrings are back! Gold hoop earrings come in a range of different shapes, styles and sizes. It’s not surprising they are making a comeback for 2017. If you have a pair you’ve been saving, its time to break them out of hiding.  And if you don’t,  well now you have a great reason to go out and pick some up.

Bold Pendants

Pendants are looking like they’ll be a big part of 2017 trends but not in the way you might think. Summer jewellery pendants this year are much bigger and bolder. Instead of the cute smaller pendants, you might be used to you’ll want something bigger and more striking.

Whether it’s a bulky gemstone, raw stone or something completely different. Big bold and bulky pendants are going to be popular pieces this summer. Don’t be afraid to go for something a little bigger and more quirky when it comes to pendants this summer.

2017 summer jewellery trends

Crosses

Crosses are an important symbol for many, but it’s also going to be one of 2017 trends for summer jewellery. From small traditional crucifixes to more ornate pieces. The cross was very popular on the summer runways and I think we’ll be seeing it a lot this summer. Crosses can come in many forms when it comes to jewellery from necklaces and pendants to earrings and chokers. It’s also used in both men and woman’s jewellery as well.

Big, Bold Ear Rings

It’s not just the classic gold hoop earring that is making a comeback this summer! Big, bold earrings are also looking like a big part of this summer’s jewellery. Whatever their style or type as long as they’re big and bold they’ll be a hit.  Especially tassel earrings, in particular, are looking to be very popular. Don’t be afraid of going for something a little bigger and bolder when it comes to your ears this summer.

What are some of the 2017 Summer Jewellery Trends you’re eager to see back?

*Collaborative

1. Melanie Edjourian
    June 9, 2017 / 12:09 pm

I don’t really wear jewellery often. I quite like items that are dainty and delicate, I can’t wear anything too chunky.

2. June 6, 2017 / 5:57 am

I have never been into chokers-even when they were a fad when I was younger but I do see them being worn more and more so the thinner ones may be ok

3. Frosted Events
    June 4, 2017 / 7:25 pm

What a beautiful jewelries it looks elegant and I’m so in love with the Necklace it really looks beautiful.

4. June 4, 2017 / 3:52 pm

I am in love with the geode and mineral trend! Natural stones are so beautiful!

5. Khushboo Motihar
    June 4, 2017 / 3:22 pm

I can’t wait to try out thin chokers! My favourite jewellery trend this summer is tassel earrings and bracelets 🙂

6. zengrrl
    June 4, 2017 / 4:52 am

I find I tend to wear little to no jewelry in the summer. Here in Florida, it’s just too hot to have metal against the skin.

7. Nichole Freeman
    June 4, 2017 / 12:07 am

I love the picture of the hanging pearl earrings. Those are beautiful. I also love big gold hoop earrings.

8. Marceline Dementori
    June 3, 2017 / 5:23 pm

I love colorful accessories during the summer but I have a weakness for geodes and minerals these days. They are just so beautiful!

9. Leigh Anne Borders
    June 3, 2017 / 2:25 pm

I wish I were more of a jewelry person. I really did not wear it growing up so when I put it on it feels kind of strange. But I do LOVE the look it gives. I do try to wear more of it.

10. Tracy Morgan
    June 3, 2017 / 1:47 pm

I love jewellery and nice to know what is going to be popular. Glad my personal favourite, gold hoop earrings, will be around for a little longer!

11. Elodie
    June 3, 2017 / 11:14 am

If there’s one thing I love, it’s playing around with jewelry! I’m all about layering thin necklaces and bracelets this summer and letting the ear party do the talking. Although I also love a statement earring for nights out too.

12. Jayne
    June 3, 2017 / 9:34 am

I used to wear gold hoop earrings all of the time! Nice to hear they are coming back in to fashion x

13. Noviaty Husain
    June 3, 2017 / 6:46 am

very amazing for those pearl earrings. My Mom would love them.

14. June 3, 2017 / 4:29 am

I think gold hoop earrings will never go out of style. They can go with just about any outfit. I have noticed chokers are back in-style now. My teen daughter loves them!

15. Enricoh Alfonzo Naidu
    June 3, 2017 / 2:37 am

these are amazing! my mother and sister would love them. i think pear earrings look awesome

16. Karen Teresa Reekie
    June 2, 2017 / 10:00 pm

I love those pearl earrings. I don’t wear a lot of jewellery in the day due to the job I do (small kids!!) but I do like admiring pretty things!

17. June 2, 2017 / 9:15 pm

Some great trends, I wish chokers would look good on me! I’ve been wearing gold hoops a lot though! xo

18. June 2, 2017 / 8:28 pm

I’m hoping to wear more jewellery now my youngest is less likely to grab at it. I love chokers back in the 90s!

19. Athena Nagel
    June 2, 2017 / 2:53 pm

I could never see myself wearing those long earrings. It is nice to read about what the trends are though.

20. June 2, 2017 / 2:44 pm

I don’t really wear jewellery but it’s interesting to read about the trends of this summer. I wouldn’t have thought that this year the trend is big and bold. That’s cool!

21. Deborah Nicholas
    June 2, 2017 / 10:47 am

I very rarely wear earrings yet have had them pierced since little. I really should start again as I have lots!!

22. June 2, 2017 / 8:32 am

I wear earrings and bracelets most times. I am getting into necklaces too. Have some amazing pieces.

23. June 2, 2017 / 2:30 am

Fascinating as I would have guessed that you wear less jewelry during the summer months because you’re likely to get hot & sweaty. I wear dangling earrings throughout the year but over the summer prefer simple balls.

24. Jen At Dapperhouse
    June 2, 2017 / 1:27 am

I have the thin chokers and I have a lot of bold statement earrings, but I am excited that gold hoops are back! I think they look good on everyone.

25. June 1, 2017 / 10:48 pm

I am glad that chokers are still on trend because I am late to the choker party and have recently got into them! x
    x

26. June 1, 2017 / 10:45 pm

27. Madeeha
    June 1, 2017 / 7:44 pm

I am loving all these trends, specially the dangling earrings.

28. Jenni Grainger
    June 1, 2017 / 7:28 pm

I love really colourful hippy like jewellery and saw loads in town today 🙂

29. tara pittman
    June 1, 2017 / 6:58 pm

I need to start wearing earrings. These are so pretty.

30. June 1, 2017 / 6:03 pm

I love these trends for summer. I always wear big bold earrings because I have a short pixie hair style.

31. AdventureDawgs
    June 1, 2017 / 5:28 pm

I love jewelry, especially nature inspired pieces. I’m really happy to see that minerals and geodes will be popular this year. I don’t really worry about being in style if it’s something I like though 🙂 Thanks for the great info.

32. Newcastle Family Life
    June 1, 2017 / 4:26 pm

I never wear jewellery since having children but I used to love costume jewellery in the summer. xx

33. June 1, 2017 / 3:50 pm

I’m so happy to see gold hoops are making a comeback! I’ve always worn those.

34. June 1, 2017 / 3:48 pm

I love that geodes are coming into trend as I am a huge fan of them, so hopefully I can find some great new buys as well as rocking some old ones.

35. Donna
    June 1, 2017 / 2:34 pm

Those pearly ear-rings are fabulous! So stunning! I wear the same studs every day, I need to step up my game!

36. jennifuchs
    June 1, 2017 / 12:08 pm

I used to love wearing big earrings, but had to stop when I had kids – too many accidents. Ouch.

37. Robin Rue
    June 1, 2017 / 10:58 am

I love big earrings. So happy that they are making a comeback this season.