June 2017 Goals

June 2017 Goals, as I type this it’s 2 days before June 1st and I am totally in disbelief. How is it that we have reached the half way point of the year? of the many New Year’s resolutions you set, how many have been achieved, on track or chucked away? How has 2017 treated you so far? The recent terror attack in Manchester and many others across Europe have been putting a damper on things. I am sorry but I don’t understand how some people can justify killing innocent people. That’s all I will say on that because it’s a painful subject regardless of weather you’re directly affected or otherwise.

June 2017 goals

I feel like I need to pinch myself just to make sure I am sat writing about my June 2017 Goals. It’s a point in time where I want to sit down and really take a look at what I said I would do. Of those items I shared, what did I take time to do and what have I achieved. These questions have not exactly kept me up all night but have been bugging me for sure. But as always with my goal posts I like to review the previous month and see my progress.

May 2017 Goals {Recap}

As you know I didn’t do so well with my April 2017 goals so I decided to repeat them in May.

• Self care! I feel I have succeeded in this regard as I have taken some time to look after me.
  • Exercising! I have been to the gym 3 times this month, not a good start but a start nonetheless.
  • Routine! Still working on this.
  • Hydration! Still working on this.
  • Reduce Sugar intake! I have started and feels so good. I knew I couldn’t completely give up sugar so in my drinks. Also I am using sweetener and having less sugary foods and drinks.
  • Read! Not done any reading this morning not even for university which is quite bad.

As June is the mid-point of the year, I am taking this time to review where I am with the 2017 yearly goals.

Jan – June

• Travel – the plan was to visit 6 cities {home or abroad} in total between  start of January and end of June. I have done 1 home, 3 abroad {Stockholm, Paris & Berlin} and have 3.5 booked for June.
  • Saving (Mortgage) – still saving though not where I would like to be. I ended up using some of the money for something else.
  • Saving (Emergency Fund) – depleted, used to assist family members and support my travels.
  • Finish and pass first year of post grad course – I have my final exam for year 1 soon. So far so good.

June 2017 Goals

I am quite happy and excited that I am working through my yearly goals quite nicely. The monthly goals are another issue but I have said before, if I don’t succeed first time I move it to next month. I felt I have made more progress from April but I want to do more in June. Though I am also thinking June is the month I do absolutely nothing and just enjoy the vacations planed. But then again I am someone who loves lists and always want to do something even it its writing REST on my list.

• Reading – prepare for the post grad exam in 2 weeks. I will be taking reading material with me on vacation to ensure I study and prepare well for my exam.
  • Quality time – you wouldn’t believe how jam-packed my June calendar is. I am not complaining because it’s all fun for me but I still feel I need some me time in there.
  • Be more social – it’s funny that this is still on my list. I try to bring this back every couple of months when I notice I am not being social ‘enough’. Does spending time with your sister count as being social, because if it does then I am ok.
  • Review my finances – because of the crazy traveling I am embarking on this month, I need to review my finances. It’s funny how easily we spend overspend when we are not looking and being intentional. I like budgeting and knowing where my money is going but sometimes I lag. Not on budgeting but on the later and I need to look into it.
And there you have it my June 2017 goals, whether I accomplish them or not is not the point. The point is I set them and I am making an honest effort to accomplish my goals.

1. sarah fabol
    June 6, 2017 / 12:27 am

I love your July goals after your’e activities in June. Financial review can be stressful.

2. June 5, 2017 / 3:20 pm

I recently also started monthly goals! There are so good to keep on track! Still have a few left of my May ones so I will have to wrap them up within the next few days! X

3. CourtneyLynne Storms
    June 5, 2017 / 2:59 pm

Oooo so many great goals for June! Self care is on my list too. As it always is 😉 self care is so important

4. Megan
    June 5, 2017 / 1:46 am

Setting goals are so important to keeping your life organized and healthy! Your goals are awesome!

5. June 4, 2017 / 10:10 pm

It is so good to see you write your goals for the month! it’s a great way to check your progress through the month 🙂 Awesome and good luck 🙂

6. June 3, 2017 / 6:36 am

This reminds me setting goals are so important to live a organized life. Thanks for sharing.

7. June 2, 2017 / 9:38 pm

What great goals and I hope you accomplish them all. I wish I was a goal setter and maybe I just might start. Your post is inspiring.

8. June 2, 2017 / 6:42 pm

These are great goals! I should review my finances too! My goals are to read more, get back into writing and yeah, spend less! xx corinne

9. David Elliott
    June 2, 2017 / 5:59 pm

I know you wanted to do 6 cities abroad but you are doing amazing. I wish I could say that I have done that much. These are such great goals.

10. June 2, 2017 / 5:16 pm

Awesome goals! Love that you accomplished taking care of yourself, keep that up! It’s also nice that you’re reducing your sugar intake, it does wonders! I have and I feel more energized everyday.

11. June 2, 2017 / 12:43 pm

These are great goals – I definitely think that spending time with your sister counts as being social though!

12. Ayushi Arora
    June 2, 2017 / 8:00 am

maintaining some goals is really today’s need, as you have to work for becoming the better version of yourself. Some nice ways to do so. keep going !!

13. Claudia Krusch
    June 2, 2017 / 3:55 am

These are great goals. I am trying to drink more water and eat healthier. I can not believe it is June already.

14. June 1, 2017 / 11:37 pm

I think you have managed to complete most of your goals which is incredible. Self care is something I need to work on too!

15. Kaylee
    June 1, 2017 / 11:32 pm

I am with you on the gym, I have gone but not nearly as much as I wanted to. I think setting monthly goals is a great idea.

16. Chloe
    June 1, 2017 / 11:23 pm

Congratulations for sticking with your goals! I have a weight loss goal at the moment and keep falling off the wagon… the most important thing though is that I get back on it!

17. deanna
    June 1, 2017 / 9:28 pm

This is is such a great list of goals. I need to work on setting more personal goals. I have been trying to live a healthier lifestyle.

18. Nida Sohail
    June 1, 2017 / 8:37 pm

lovely journal you maintained !! this post given me a perfect idea how can i maintain my goals !! very motivating post

19. June 1, 2017 / 8:12 pm

I like your goals. I’d be terrible at limiting sugar intake. Sugar is what keeps me happy. Good luck with your goals and your final exam!

20. Jenn Goggin
    June 1, 2017 / 3:39 pm

Great Goals. I really need to work on sugar intake and hydration as well. Glad to see you are feeling good after the May Goals!

21. Shannon Patterson
    June 1, 2017 / 1:28 pm

These are really great goals! It motivates me to create my own goal list.

22. Raine Spencer
    June 1, 2017 / 12:18 pm

Good list of goals. I have a few similar ones on my list too, but mostly this year for me is about spending time with family and friends. I enjoyed reading your post. Interested to hear about those trips you have planned.

23. Robin Rue
    June 1, 2017 / 10:52 am

I need to be more social, too. I have been too busy and need to hang out with my friends more.