Guilty Pleasures I like to indulge in during Me-Time

Me time is not all about relaxing and doing next to nothing, it’s also about indulging your guilty pleasures. When I say guilty pleasures I am not talking about anything criminal just something you enjoy. It could be anything from binge watching your favourite shows to eating a tub of ice cream alone.

The concept of me time has been around for the longest time but it’s only in recent years it’s been the centre of attention. For mama’s this is something they crave dearly but mummy guilt gets in the way for many or there is never the time. Millennials also sing the same song re me time but are always attached to their devices to have real me time. For me personally me time is about intentionally setting sometime in a day or week where I just enjoy the present. The majority of my me time involves me tucking into my guilty pleasures which there are many of.

Guilty Pleasures

Disclaimer: We all lead different lives, what works for me might not work for you. You have to assess your life and see where you can make room for me-time and how often. Only you know your schedule and though it might be hectic there are times you can squeeze in me time.

Guilty Pleasures I indulge in during Me-Time

We all have guilty pleasures of all sorts, for some we can share them easily for others not so much. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜œ Whatever your guilty pleasures might be, make sure to dig into them whenever possible for your sanity. Many studies have been conducted which have highlighted the benefits of me-time. With that in mind here is a list of my guilty pleasures, share yours in the comments.

• Taking a nice shower or bath
  • Watching a movie at home tucking into my homemade salted popcorn
  • Eating a tub of ice cream in the middle of winter because I can and love ice cream all year-long
  • Dressing up wearing only my favourite Personalised hoodies and chillling at home.
  • Playing online games, using sites like Bingo G to see reviews of which sites I should use.
  • Watching true crime TV like fatal attraction and women who kill
  • Having a cup of tea with several types of biscuits
  • Sleeping and doing nothing all day long
  • Listening to loud music at home
  • Traveling is the biggest guilty pleasure of mine. I spend more time traveling than in my own home and thanks to flight centre I have travel game name.

*Collaborative

1. Nicole
    September 6, 2017 / 4:36 pm

Having me time is so important! It’s always good to try and work some of it into your schedule even if it’s only for an hour. Watching a favorite movie or taking a good nap is always my go to as well! Thanks for sharing!

2. Mummy Gummie
    September 4, 2017 / 9:46 pm

I crave me time but always get the mum guilt too! My guilty pleasures would be going out for a leisurely brunch by myself with the paper or a good book, having a bath, eating chocolate!

3. Leo T. Ly
    September 4, 2017 / 8:04 pm

My guilty pleasure is having too much junk food when I watch TV. It’s really difficult to be disciplined when you are watching something good on tv.

4. September 4, 2017 / 3:39 pm

I am so with you on some of these, I love watching True Crime and online games can be so much fun!

5. Blair Villanueva
    September 3, 2017 / 2:13 pm

Having a warm bubble bath while listening to my favorite Italian romantic music and sipping rose champagne is my perfect me-time! How I wish I can do it everyday ๐Ÿ™‚

• September 4, 2017 / 6:31 am

Oh wow, definitely putting my guilty pleasures to shame lol, but I do love soaking in a bubble bath too

6. Jayne
    September 2, 2017 / 5:21 pm

You can’t beat a bit of me time. Ice cream is definitely up there! I love listening to music too ๐Ÿ™‚ x

7. Nadia/Scandi Mummy
    September 2, 2017 / 8:31 am

I don’t get much of it but I love me time. Great list of ‘guilty pleasures’ x

8. September 1, 2017 / 8:49 am

I love a bit of me time but find it’s not always easy with a toddler. I love moments to catch up on trashy tv with a cuppa!

9. kerry norris
    September 1, 2017 / 8:41 am

I love me time. I just don’t get enough of it. Having a nice bath is defo top of my list x

10. Shannon Graham
    August 31, 2017 / 10:03 pm

Oreos and milk. I am all about htat when I can have them to myself!

11. August 31, 2017 / 8:59 pm

Taking ‘me time’ is so important. I like just sitting down and reading a book, but we love travelling as a family and find it is such a great way to relax and spend quality time as a family.

12. Lori Vachon
    August 31, 2017 / 8:04 pm

I rarely get time by myself with young kids in the house. BUT…as luck would have it my hubby is out of town for work tonight, putting the kiddos to bed and going to watch some junk TV & eat popcorn all by myself!

13. nicky
    August 31, 2017 / 5:08 pm

Love this post! I can relate to preeeetty much all of these indulgences!

14. Betty Boiron
    August 31, 2017 / 3:33 pm

Guilty or not, I would love to be able to do this: Sleeping and doing nothing all day long… For at least a day.. or a week!

15. August 31, 2017 / 2:38 pm

Travel is my guilty-but-not-so-guilty pleasure. I also love ice cream in winter why not?!

16. August 31, 2017 / 2:22 pm

Listening to loud music and watching crappy TV are my guilty pleasures x

17. August 31, 2017 / 1:14 pm

These are many of my guilty pleasures too. I love ice cream and binge watching my fave TV shows!!

18. Vy Nguyen
    August 31, 2017 / 12:09 pm

I have never had a true me-time for myself. I have to worry about lots of things. However, your article just makes me think that I should spend some time for myself and relax a little bit. Thank you

19. August 31, 2017 / 9:07 am

My guilty pleasure has to be reading. I could sit for hours with a good book. I also enjoy painting and crafting but that is harder to do as involves a lot more set up, so need to really schedule that time!

20. Mayuri Saxena
    August 31, 2017 / 7:25 am

My Guilty pleasures are: watching romantic movie with nutella and a spoon! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Enjoyed reading this post!

21. Denay DeGuzman
    August 31, 2017 / 6:19 am

My guilty pleasures: reading until very late in the evening while curled up in a comfy chair, binge watching a TV series, taking a much-needed nap mid-day (this is actually something I dream of doing, but don’t get to do very often. Darn!).

22. Kristine Nicole Alessandra VA
    August 31, 2017 / 5:12 am

My guilty pleasures are:
    1. Eating crispy deep fried pork skin with back fat (I know, its bad for my health but it is yummy!)
    2. Browsing unrelated websites when I am supposed to be working
    3. Falling asleep on the couch
    4. Reading, reading and reading. I love going to second hand bookstores and finding really good books there.

23. Censie 'Mumby' Sawyer
    August 31, 2017 / 4:30 am

My me time pleasures are baths, reading and cake! ha! YUM cake….with no one buggin me.

24. Claudia Krusch
    August 31, 2017 / 2:40 am

I love to relax in a hot bath and read a good book. It is my favorite time of the day. I also enjoy ice cream in the winter. I think it is important to spoil ourselves.

25. August 31, 2017 / 2:09 am

Eating ice cream is definitely a guilty pleasure that I can get on board with all year round. I am so craving some right now x

26. August 31, 2017 / 1:26 am

I always look for ‘me time’.And my ‘me time ‘ is full of things that I actually enjoy.As you mentioned,I also indulge my guilty pleasures :)Anyway this is the first time I heard the term ‘guilty pleasures.
    -Amila

27. August 31, 2017 / 12:34 am

I LOVE TO TRAVEL TOO – I don’t do it as much as I would like, but when I do – it’s amazing and then by the time the trip is almost over, I am so ready to go home and get back to work!

28. Sarah Sweis Shoucair
    August 30, 2017 / 9:06 pm

I indulge in wine for my me time after the kids go to bed. They have me wired up all day so at night, I love to just sit on the couch with a movie on and a glass of wine.

29. Joline
    August 30, 2017 / 7:31 pm

Mine would be wearing my reading socks and curling up to read my new favourite book. Preferably with a cup of tea (wine works too!)

30. Tomi_C
    August 30, 2017 / 4:52 pm

Curling up with a hot cup of tea and a book or binge watching my favorite shows in my pjs. I’m all about “me time”

31. Jen Sky Walker
    August 30, 2017 / 3:53 pm

I never really valued the importance of me time until I became a mom and wasn’t getting any! I make a point to now, and I feel zero guilt about it! I can’t be the mom my kids needs if I don’t have a little time to myself to decompress.

32. August 30, 2017 / 3:33 pm

I usually have one day on the weekends where I have me time to do absolutely nothing. I have been binge watching The Office lately.

33. Morgan Lambert
    August 30, 2017 / 3:21 pm

Having guilty pleasures is soo important! I also am so fascinated with true crime! I find all of it so so fascinating to learn about. I try to watch anything and everything true crime!

34. Jeanette
    August 30, 2017 / 2:46 pm

I try to spoil myself at least once a month, but it doesn’t always happen. When I do I get out my ice cream and binge watch my favorite shows!

35. August 30, 2017 / 2:22 pm

It is always good to have that me time. As mom’s we’re always busy, so the downtime is needed! I’ll be next to you watching a movie and digging into the ice cream!

36. Amanda
    August 30, 2017 / 2:02 pm

This post sings straight to my heart. I am just like you and can’t get enough of ice cream…I prefer to eat it right out of the container in bed while watching reality tv!

37. Paula Bendfeldt
    August 30, 2017 / 1:40 pm

I love your list of guilty pleasures. I’d have to say curling up to a good mystery novel with a soft fuzzy blanket and a warm cup of coffee would be mine.

38. August 30, 2017 / 1:18 pm

I love watching cheesy TV and reading! Such a glorious time. Or I’ll eat a lot of chocolate.

39. August 30, 2017 / 1:00 pm

I love taking long baths with bubbles, while reading a book or watching a nice relaxing movie. When I travel one of my guilty pleasures it having a large breakfast with croissants, jam and orange juice.

40. Jaime Nicole
    August 30, 2017 / 12:56 pm

These are all such great suggestions! I had a tough day at work yesterday so I took a nice hot long shower and it really does help.

41. Candy Kage
    August 30, 2017 / 12:52 pm

Reading through a magazine or book, ice cream always works and checking out pinterest.

42. Alli Smith
    August 30, 2017 / 10:38 am

Whenever I get some me time, I like to curl up on the sofa with a good book and my favorite snack. It’s how I unwind and get my mind off of work. I also love to travel and wish I could travel more often. Some day . . .