Guilty Pleasures I like to indulge in during Me-Time

Me time is not all about relaxing and doing next to nothing, it’s also about indulging your guilty pleasures. When I say guilty pleasures I am not talking about anything criminal just something you enjoy. It could be anything from binge watching your favourite shows to eating a tub of ice cream alone.

The concept of me time has been around for the longest time but it’s only in recent years it’s been the centre of attention. For mama’s this is something they crave dearly but mummy guilt gets in the way for many or there is never the time. Millennials also sing the same song re me time but are always attached to their devices to have real me time. For me personally me time is about intentionally setting sometime in a day or week where I just enjoy the present. The majority of my me time involves me tucking into my guilty pleasures which there are many of.

Guilty Pleasures

Disclaimer: We all lead different lives, what works for me might not work for you. You have to assess your life and see where you can make room for me-time and how often. Only you know your schedule and though it might be hectic there are times you can squeeze in me time.

Guilty Pleasures I indulge in during Me-Time

We all have guilty pleasures of all sorts, for some we can share them easily for others not so much. 😉😜 Whatever your guilty pleasures might be, make sure to dig into them whenever possible for your sanity. Many studies have been conducted which have highlighted the benefits of me-time. With that in mind here is a list of my guilty pleasures, share yours in the comments.

• Taking a nice shower or bath
  • Watching a movie at home tucking into my homemade salted popcorn
  • Eating a tub of ice cream in the middle of winter because I can and love ice cream all year-long
  • Dressing up wearing only my favourite Personalised hoodies and chillling at home.
  • Playing online games, using sites like Bingo G to see reviews of which sites I should use.
  • Watching true crime TV like fatal attraction and women who kill
  • Having a cup of tea with several types of biscuits
  • Sleeping and doing nothing all day long
  • Listening to loud music at home
  • Traveling is the biggest guilty pleasure of mine. I spend more time traveling than in my own home and thanks to flight centre I have travel game name.

*Collaborative

1. Nicole
    September 6, 2017 / 4:36 pm

Having me time is so important! It’s always good to try and work some of it into your schedule even if it’s only for an hour. Watching a favorite movie or taking a good nap is always my go to as well! Thanks for sharing!

2. Mummy Gummie
    September 4, 2017 / 9:46 pm

I crave me time but always get the mum guilt too! My guilty pleasures would be going out for a leisurely brunch by myself with the paper or a good book, having a bath, eating chocolate!

3. Leo T. Ly
    September 4, 2017 / 8:04 pm

My guilty pleasure is having too much junk food when I watch TV. It’s really difficult to be disciplined when you are watching something good on tv.

4. September 4, 2017 / 3:39 pm

I am so with you on some of these, I love watching True Crime and online games can be so much fun!

5. Blair Villanueva
    September 3, 2017 / 2:13 pm

Having a warm bubble bath while listening to my favorite Italian romantic music and sipping rose champagne is my perfect me-time! How I wish I can do it everyday 🙂

• September 4, 2017 / 6:31 am

Oh wow, definitely putting my guilty pleasures to shame lol, but I do love soaking in a bubble bath too

6. Jayne
    September 2, 2017 / 5:21 pm

You can’t beat a bit of me time. Ice cream is definitely up there! I love listening to music too 🙂 x

7. Nadia/Scandi Mummy
    September 2, 2017 / 8:31 am

I don’t get much of it but I love me time. Great list of ‘guilty pleasures’ x

8. September 1, 2017 / 8:49 am

I love a bit of me time but find it’s not always easy with a toddler. I love moments to catch up on trashy tv with a cuppa!

9. kerry norris
    September 1, 2017 / 8:41 am

I love me time. I just don’t get enough of it. Having a nice bath is defo top of my list x

10. Shannon Graham
    August 31, 2017 / 10:03 pm

Oreos and milk. I am all about htat when I can have them to myself!

11. August 31, 2017 / 8:59 pm

Taking ‘me time’ is so important. I like just sitting down and reading a book, but we love travelling as a family and find it is such a great way to relax and spend quality time as a family.

12. Lori Vachon
    August 31, 2017 / 8:04 pm

I rarely get time by myself with young kids in the house. BUT…as luck would have it my hubby is out of town for work tonight, putting the kiddos to bed and going to watch some junk TV & eat popcorn all by myself!

13. nicky
    August 31, 2017 / 5:08 pm

Love this post! I can relate to preeeetty much all of these indulgences!

14. Betty Boiron
    August 31, 2017 / 3:33 pm

Guilty or not, I would love to be able to do this: Sleeping and doing nothing all day long… For at least a day.. or a week!

15. August 31, 2017 / 2:38 pm

Travel is my guilty-but-not-so-guilty pleasure. I also love ice cream in winter why not?!

16. August 31, 2017 / 2:22 pm

Listening to loud music and watching crappy TV are my guilty pleasures x

17. August 31, 2017 / 1:14 pm

These are many of my guilty pleasures too. I love ice cream and binge watching my fave TV shows!!

18. Vy Nguyen
    August 31, 2017 / 12:09 pm

I have never had a true me-time for myself. I have to worry about lots of things. However, your article just makes me think that I should spend some time for myself and relax a little bit. Thank you