Autumn night skincare routine

Do you have an autumn night skincare routine or a nightly routine that you follow? It doesn’t necessary have to be skincare one but having a routine in life is important. Recently I shared my Autumn Morning Skincare Routine and many mentioned they try to have a skincare routine. Though many admitted they don’t change it with the weather, most do have something in place. Whilst it’s nice to have a routine, it’s important to ensure its a routine that works for YOU.

For years I did not have a skincare routine, I am lucky to never have had but skin breakouts but I had my share. The pimples were always the worst and came out at the most importune time. After I started blogging I learned the importance of taking care of my skin. We all know a good diet is important but so are the products we expose our skin too. For me, natural products are always the best, the less chemicals contained the better.

Autumn skincare routine

Autumn night skincare routine

The aim of this post is to provide an insight into my autumn night skincare routine. Hopefully this will help with your own routine or a start to a new routine. I am someone who doesn’t like using too many products on my face. The maximum number of products I use at any one time is 5 but at nice its 3 but usually 2. I don’t feel the need to cloud my face with too many creams. For me it’s important to allow my skin to breath and take in the nutrients from within.

I have a simple routine which many people can adopt, every night;

• I Remove makeup {if I wore any} mostly with micellar water or face wipes.
  • Cleanse my skin with simple face wash, its dermatologically tested to suit all skin types.
  • I use a Toner to remove excess oil, grime and dirt.
  • Then I Moisturize with a light night cream

As I mentioned already, I normally use 3 products each night before bed to cleanse my skin. But there are days when I take a day off and don’t follow the routine above. I am a great believer in taking some time out but not more than a day’s worth. At night I try not to use cleaners and instead use face wipes or micellar water.

But there also days when I like to pamper myself and add more products to my routine. Though it is a rare occurrence, it’s always nice to give my face a nice spa treatment.

Optional products

Depending on your skin type, you will need to know what type of products you can use and when. I have oily skin which I was once not a fan of but now love. But still it can be quite annoying being oily throughout the day.

This routine like many of my other routines work for me because I took time to research what works and what doesn’t.  The routine should be used as a guide only and nothing more but I hope it is helpful to someone.

Do you have a routine that you follow? Do you change you routines per season?

1. January 4, 2018 / 12:49 am

I used to be really bad with my skincare routine but since going cruelty free I have got much better. Cleansing definitely helps rid my skin of impurities!

2. kim@hungryhealthygirl
    December 19, 2017 / 6:44 pm

Your nightly routine is very similar to mine! Might need to check out some of your products.. they sound great!

3. Leo T. Ly
    December 19, 2017 / 1:00 pm

This routine may be interesting to my wife to try. I did know that there is a routine for every season. I learn something new every day.

4. December 19, 2017 / 7:48 am

Having a night skincare routine is important. I need to have one again once we move out of the US. 🙂

5. December 18, 2017 / 2:40 pm

II love night time routines…. Thats an important thing at night no matter how tired I am before going to bed. When I get ample of time I take baths 😀

6. December 18, 2017 / 2:26 am

Having a routine to clean our face is really important, no matter what age we are, but when we hit that magic number after 40 I think is even more important to take care of it, specially before going to bed

7. Ruth I.
    December 17, 2017 / 11:44 pm

It’s so important to get into a nightly skin routine! I didn’t do this and I totally regret it now (but you can bet I am much better about it!).

8. David E
    December 17, 2017 / 5:43 am

I know people have their own routines about what they do for nighttime. I do think it’s important to have a routine if you want to take better care of yourself.

9. December 16, 2017 / 7:57 pm

I really need to try and change my routine for winter a bit, what was working perfectly in the summer seems to have stopped working which is an absolute nightmare!

10. Hannah Marie
    December 16, 2017 / 7:33 pm

I love washing my face at night using micellar water along with face wipes! Using both really helps loosen makeup (especially around the eyes) and makes my skin feel extra clean!

11. Deb
    December 16, 2017 / 7:08 pm

I love a good face routine!! These sound so perfect!!!

12. Jenny
    December 16, 2017 / 10:26 am

Nothing better than a good exfoliator. I try to throw one in to my skincare routine ESPECIALLY in the Winter months. Helps prime my skin for moisture.

13. Dian Yordanov
    December 16, 2017 / 9:37 am

I will going to show this article to my girlfriend, i think she will like it

14. December 15, 2017 / 8:17 pm

That sounds pretty close to my own routine, although I have stopped using toner. Not sure the reason other than I skipped a couple of times and it got out of habit.

15. December 15, 2017 / 7:27 pm

I need to try this out. I admit, I don’t do as much with my skin as I should. I usually just wash it with water at night and call it a day. But I know I need to do more.

16. Soon Joo Uh
    December 15, 2017 / 6:03 pm

I do change skin routine for spring/summer and fall/winter. I do have similar routine but on winter I do care about more moisturizer.

17. December 15, 2017 / 1:29 pm

Great routine, my skin is so pathetic right now that I surely need to figure out what o add or replace in my skincare routine.

18. Diana Williams
    December 15, 2017 / 10:18 am

Nice tip for everyone.

19. jennifuchs
    November 10, 2017 / 10:32 pm

I’ve really neglected my skin since we moved house three months ago. Must get back in to a better routine!

20. November 10, 2017 / 7:54 pm

I definitely need to take care of my skin. I need to invest in a moisturiser firstly, that’s for sure!

21. November 10, 2017 / 9:34 am

I usually cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day. I have started using a different set of products that are cruelty free though and instead of a toner, it is a face wash. I think finding the right moisturiser is important, anything too heavy will cause blocked pores, but anything too light will leave the skin too dry.

22. Lauren Porter
    November 10, 2017 / 7:51 am

I really want to take more care of my skin – it always gets worse around autumn / winter time! I need more moisturiser!! x

23. Laura Dove
    November 9, 2017 / 11:28 pm

I have a terrible skin care regime, I need to try harder with it, especially to moisturise!

24. Battlemum
    November 9, 2017 / 11:25 am

I always take my makeup off at night (on the rare occasion I wear it) and generally cleanse and moisturise at night.

25. Kate Elizabeth Redfern
    November 9, 2017 / 8:48 am

I always take my make up off, without fail. I have a very simple skin care routine though and it doesn’t change throughout the year. I use elemis resurfacing facial wash, and then I use a gorgeous french night cream that I found recently (but it’s a make that I haven’t ever seen in the UK). I used to use the elemis night cream or the l’occataine one, but both are really quite pricey and I found this french one to be equally as lovely.