5 Reasons to Love Czech Inn Hostel – Prague

Having just returned from my recent trip to Prague, I am reminiscing about reasons to love Czech Inn Hostel. If you’ve read my recent posts; Where to stay and Ultimate Travel Guide, you will know I had an incredible time. In 2016 the weather wasn’t the best when I visited but I got another chance to explore this glorious city.

Love Czech Inn HostelHostels are not for everyone because most hostels have bad reputations of being; cheap, noise and unsanitary compared to hotels. I have stayed in lots of hotels since I started solo traveling from 3* to 5* and each has its pros and cons. Though I noticed some 3* hotels have more cons than pros and even some hostel were better.

The main reason I chose to start including hostels in my types of accommodation wasn’t only the cost but friendships. Staying in hotels I had one routine; wake up early, explore the city, come back and that’s it.  Hostels offer something that many hotels don’t, and that is human interaction, create new friendships. Hotels offers you  your own space, peace and quite but sometimes I need more human interaction.

In this article I aim to share some of my reasons to love Czech Inn hostel.

5 Reasons to Love Czech Inn Hostel in Prague

Czech Inn hostel like many incredible hostels in Prague aim to give their best to the customers. I was happy to be recommended this hostel, to get a chance to explore it myself.  And I feel it’s important to share 5 reasons to love Czech Inn hostel. Obviously there are many more reasons but I have narrowed mine to five, of my main ones.

A post shared by Miranda-Anosa #UKTravelblogger (@ajulydreamer) on

Transport//Location//Price

Access to public transport: I am someone who loves to walk everywhere in cities that I visit. But what is important is how accessible public transport is and affordable it is. I was happy to be able to get into the centre of Prague in a few minutes without having to interchange buses and trams/trains.

Location: the hostel is located in one of the hippiest part of the city. I was super impressed by how many restaurants and cafes in the area, it’s such a lovely qaint and active area.

Price: money has always been an issue for many people especially those who travel often so it’s important to find affordable places. The problem with most cheap affordable is that the quality of the service offered is often questionable.

What I loved about Czech Inn hostel was how they treated everyone equally and all the rooms were cleaned daily. The beds were comfortable and the pillows really soft which I loved and the showers were incredible throughout.

5 reasons to love czech inn hostel

Events//Breakfast

Events: not every hostel offers daily events which residents can take part in and enjoy. Czech Inn hostel gives you something to look forward to especially those of us who don’t like going out. The events are great places to meet new people that share a common love for something, e.g. traveling.

Not only does the hostel put together some lovely events, arrange free walking tours in collaboration with Good Prague Tours. There is a free bus which takes you into town where the free walking tour to explore the best of the city.

Breakfast selection; whenever I book a hotel I check what is offered for breakfast. For hostels I have often eaten outside during my early morning tours, and end up avoiding whatever breakfast is offered. I was glad to see the selection available at the hostel and honestly I was munching on it every morning. They offer breakfast from 8am through to 12pm to give the late risers a chance to have breakfast as well.

A post shared by Miranda-Anosa #UKTravelblogger (@ajulydreamer) on

More reasons to love Czech Inn Hostel in Prague

There are so many other things I loved about the hostel including that they are Eco friendly. Whilst I am not the most Eco-friendly person alive, I try to do my part and glad they do too. The showers definitely impressed me, taking showers were the highlight of my morning and bed time routines. They are powerful with an incredible flow of hot water which I absolutely loved.

Another thing to love was how clean the hostel is in general. All the dorms and communal areas are cleaned daily by the cleaning staff. There is a lot more to love about this hostel including the WiFi speed in communal areas. Though unfortunately for those of us on the top floor it was slower but still worked. It’s a truly incredible hostel, award winning and very affordable prices.

Czech Inn Socials: Facebook\\ Twitter\\ Website

Disclosure: I was a guest of Czech Inn Hostel in Prague but I was not obligated to share this article. All opinions shared are my own and from my personal experience.

1. January 24, 2018 / 10:42 am

This place looks so incredibly lovely and not at all like I imagined a hostel to be – I haven’t done much travelling due to hotels being incredibly expensive but this has really changed my outlook on things..

2. January 24, 2018 / 7:54 am

Wow i am so glad you shared this was looking for places to stay for my trip, eco friendly is definitely a big thumbs up!

3. Hannah Latoya Bond
    January 23, 2018 / 11:12 pm

I enjoy staying at hostels as they are very sociable. This one looks great. Prague is on my list of places that i want to see

4. January 23, 2018 / 1:47 pm

I have to agree with you, sometimes I find that the hostels are even better than the hotels at some points and I think that the hostel in Prague is lovely. I especially love that the hotel is eco friendly, especially as I have been trying to do my bit to help the environment!

5. January 22, 2018 / 1:59 pm

We’re going to Prague soon! I’m so excited. But we’ve not yet booked our accommodation. We were going to hop onto airbnb but I think you’ve just persuaded me otherwise. This place looks fab and I’m jealous of your little work spot. It looks like it’s in the perfect spot for what we want to see and do as well. x

6. Baby Isabella
    January 22, 2018 / 12:48 pm

We’ve yet to visit Prague but its on our bucket list this year. Its so refreshing to see a swanky hostel that’s on budget it looks like a great place to stay!

7. Leah Shafik
    January 22, 2018 / 11:54 am

I went hosteling when I went to France and Spain 10 years ago as the places were almost like hotels. When you have a tight budget it’s such a great way to go travelling x

8. Nina Lawman
    January 22, 2018 / 12:15 am

I never knew hostels could be such social and eventful places! I really hope that I get to stay at one at some point because it seems like something I can get a lot from. I love that this one was in such a great location too so you didn’t feel in the middle of nowhere!

9. Jessi
    January 21, 2018 / 10:16 pm

I love hostels! I’ve met some amazing people from all over the world that I still keep in touch with in hostel common rooms. This one looks particularly great!

10. Helen
    January 21, 2018 / 10:04 pm

I would love to go to Prague, the architecture is so beautiful there. We’ve never looked at hostels before but the Czech Inn Hostel looks lovely. I love that they organise events and that you can get to make new friends. If you’re travelling alone a bit of a chat with someone at night or over breakfast would really make a difference.

11. January 21, 2018 / 9:06 pm

A couple of my friends recently went on a getaway to Prague and they had an absolutely sensational time, so I am now really tempted to visit the city myself! It’s great to hear that this hostel made such a positive impression on you, I will definitely look into staying here on my visit! Being surrounded by hip restaurants and cafes can only be a good thing, and it’s great that the staff treated all guests, regardless of their price point, so well!

Abbey xx

12. January 21, 2018 / 8:12 pm

I have only ever stayed in one hostel and that was when I was in Australia but I would really recomend them to everyone. Prague is one of those cities I would love to visit so I am bookmarking this one! x

13. Linda Hobbis
    January 21, 2018 / 5:16 pm

Hostels are definitely not for me but this one looks clean and spacious and I guess if you’re on a budget hostels are a great way of allowing you to travel further than you otherwise would have. I’d love to visit Prague though.

14. Kacie
    January 21, 2018 / 3:48 pm

This looks a lot classier and cleaner than some of the hostels I’ve stayed in. I love the idea of visiting Prague, too – I’ve heard it’s nice to visit during the Christmas markets.

15. Healthy & Psyched
    January 21, 2018 / 3:25 pm

I love the look of the communal areas. Plus great that the hostel is well cleaned- I have stayed in some horrible hostels before with mould on the wall and that’s not what you want!!

16. Laura Dove
    January 21, 2018 / 2:42 pm

This sounds like a great hostel to stay in and not at all how I would expect a hostel to be!

17. January 21, 2018 / 1:40 pm

This sounds like a great hostel to stay in, I love that they host events daily and you have stuff to look forward to. I have stayed in hostels before and they are always so much better than I’ve expected them to be

18. Stephanie
    January 21, 2018 / 12:14 pm

I’ve never stayed in a hostel before and didn’t expect they would be so nice. This looks great

19. Bex Smith
    January 21, 2018 / 11:39 am

I would love to stay in a hostel – a few years back, I had only hear horror stories about hostels but many of my friends go travelling and rave about the hostels they have stayed in. This looks like a lovely hostel to stay in whilst travelling.

20. January 21, 2018 / 10:53 am

I’ve been to Prague around ten times now but I’ve never thought to stay in a hostel. I stayed in on in Glasgow once and it was a horrible experience that I think has coloured my views. After reading this post I think I’d definitely think twice when booking accommodation now.

Katie xoxo

21. January 21, 2018 / 10:28 am

I’ve stayed in a lot of hostels over the years (I prefer them, to be honest, as you get to meet other like-minded travellers!), and this one looks fab! I’d definitely stay there.

22. Whitney Harries
    January 20, 2018 / 10:12 pm

To be honest, I’ve never thought about staying in a hostel. Simply because I’m my mind I always thought they were trashy and overcrouded. But after reading this post and seeing the pictures my mindset has completely changed! I wouldn’t mind staying here for over a week! X

• January 21, 2018 / 6:27 am

I am so glad to hear that Whitney, hostels somehow have such a bad reputation caused by a few bad apples, but I am glad Czech Inn and many others have changed the way we look at hostels

23. January 20, 2018 / 5:28 pm

ive always been put off hostels as I am somehow scared but I do need to try one at some point. youve made a hostel sound amazing and that you’ve had a great experience

• January 21, 2018 / 6:26 am

I was the same, I was off put off trying to stay in a hostel but staying in places like Czech Inn definitely changes your perspective

24. January 20, 2018 / 11:14 am

I have never stayed in a hostel before. Sounds like you had a great experience.

• January 21, 2018 / 6:26 am

I did thank you Stella

25. KGR
    January 20, 2018 / 10:32 am

Its lovely that the staff treated everyone with respect and made you all feel welcome and that you had a very good night sleep. Having a nice soft bed and pillows are essential for me!

• January 21, 2018 / 6:25 am

Same for me, I often struggle sleeping in new places but I was out for the count every night which was a plus for me

26. Kara
    January 20, 2018 / 9:01 am

Looks like the perfect base for a short break

• January 20, 2018 / 9:17 am

It definitely was and can not recommend it enough

27. January 20, 2018 / 6:47 am

It sounds like a lovely hostel but generally I prefer hotels as I rarely travel to European cities like this on my own, but it’s good there are options for solo travellers x

• January 20, 2018 / 9:19 am

I can definitely appreciate that, when traveling as a couple hotels are nicer for the peace and quite but most hostels like Czech him have private dorms too

28. January 20, 2018 / 1:10 am

Oh my goodness what a beautiful hostel, it is so far from my memories of hostels. I would absolutely love to just kick back and relax there and I could see me curling up with a book in front of that window.

• January 20, 2018 / 9:22 am

Sarah if it wasn’t for my blogging and other work I needed to do online, a book by the window would have been perfect but I settled for a laptop on my lap gazing outside the very window

29. Battlemum
    January 19, 2018 / 10:41 pm

I haven’t stayed in a hostel for over 25 years but have heard there are some great family-friendly ones out there too. Which I’d need as I do my travelling with my hubby and son. And I’d love to visit Prague one day x

• January 20, 2018 / 9:24 am

So many hostels have adapted for sure to include family travelers too and its nice to see family choosing hostels as well

30. mummyandthechunks
    January 19, 2018 / 9:26 pm

Me and my friend have been talking about visiting Prague sometime soon I hadn’t thought about how good a hostel would be for social interactions and meeting new people. Such a great idea! I love the sound of the free walking tour. I missed out on one of these on my recent trip to Iceland but wish I had found the time.

• January 20, 2018 / 9:25 am

I think many people forget about the good things a hostel offers compared to a hotel. I hope to visit Iceland this year for sure.

31. Bethany Maysie Sibley
    January 19, 2018 / 9:19 pm

It’s a very modern hotel which is a treat nowadays, and the pictures just add to the ambience, really wonderful.

• January 20, 2018 / 9:26 am

I agree Bethany, its a lovely hostel with so much to offer and a feel of a more sociable hotel

32. Rebecca U
    January 19, 2018 / 8:22 pm

We went to Prague last summer, and location really is everything. This sounds like it is a good fit

• January 20, 2018 / 9:27 am

Location is everything in Prague, a few years ago I stayed in the outskirts and that annoyed me

33. Helen Jacob-Lloyd
    January 19, 2018 / 8:10 pm

I love the quirky design of this place – the hangers off the ceiling are such a fun addition!

• January 20, 2018 / 9:27 am

I know right, its such an impressive place to stay and Prague us an incredible city