{Monthly Series} March 2018 Goals

Whenever I set goals for the month, somehow I feel I have given myself structure and direction. The aim of the March 2018 goals is to offer some direction to an upcoming chaotic month. What I mean by chaotic is, the many deadlines and travels that are coming up. Life is very good at throwing curves balls and sometimes this can throw us off our game. Which is fine, the important part is how we reactive to it and how we move forward.

Regular readers know that for me setting goals has been part of my life for the longest time. I am sure many readers are the same, things don’t always go to plan but I always have a plan. Some plans will definitely need altering but that’s how one adapts to changes.

March 2018 GOALS

Recap of February 2018 Goals

As is common practice here on A July Dreamer, reviewing the previous months’ goals helps with planning future goals. There is no point in setting goals of you wont take a minute to review how you did with the previous ones. Personally, I have come to accept that there are goals I won’t accomplish in a set time frame and that is fine. The important part is, working on those goals again until you able to accomplish them. With that being said, here is a recap of the February 2018 Goals;

• Submit the assignment due this month {February 2018} – Done
  • Write up the posts on Toulouse trip – Done
  • Reach out to more tourism boards to collaborate with – Pending
  • Plan the trip Tuscany, Italy – Done
  • Luxembourg city – Luxembourg – Loading
  • Athens, Greece – Loading
  • Star saving money for emergency fund – Done
  • Review all the products pending from December 2017 plus January 2018 – Done {with one exception}

Taking the time to review the previous months goals always helps me to focus on next month’s goals. I am very pleased with my progress through February as it was such a busy month. I now know that even with such a busy schedule, setting goals certainly helped me.

March 2018 Goals – Take a step back!

March promises to be another incredibly busy months, with practically every weekend jam-packed with activities. Whilst I am not one to complain I do no that I need to take some time to relax and not over do it. Yesterday I saw a quote from the Dalai Lama that stopped me in my tracks;

“Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

After reading this quote, I felt like I needed to look at my life again and re-assess what I am doing with it. Yes sacrifices everyone makes but am I doing them at the expense of my health? Am I so anxious about the unknown future that I am missing out on the current life? These are questions I am asking myself and have influenced my March 2018 goals.

Goals

March 2018 Goals – Focused Goals!

Whilst pondering about my current lifestyle a few days again I knew I couldn’t continue like that. There are some changes that I need to make and I have started working on those slowly behind the scenes. Those who know me personally know how crazy my corporate gig has gotten and its impact on my health. I chose my health and made some simple but effective life choices; looking after physical and mental health.

Work Goals

• Stick to a work schedule – no working after 6pm unless attending a meeting.
  • No waking up at midnight to answer an email I forgot, leave it for the morning
  • Learn to say no, your health is more important
  • Ask for help when you need it.

Post Grad Goals

• Review previous course notes
  • Write and submit assignment
  • Prepare for next course

Personal Goals

• Make time for ‘me-time’
  • Social media detox for an hour daily
  • Plan slow holidays for both Luxembourg and Athens

Blogging Goals

• Start scheduling posts a week in advance
  • Update ‘work with me’ page and fees
  • Commit to reviewing products received
  • Start new posting schedule
  • Resume Saturday and Sunday as rest days

Whilst setting goals gives me direction, sometimes it can be quite daunting and tiring when not done right. I believe in setting small achievable goals that allow me time to also enjoy my life. Setting the March 2018 goals has made me happy and now I just have to work through them one by one. If you’re new here, let me tell you my secret; if at first you don’t succeed, try until you do. Sometimes that means using a new strategy, new method and not conceding until you’ve exhausted all options.

1. March 5, 2018 / 3:14 pm

Glad to see you got ontop of most of your Feb goals! Hope you do the same in March. You’re totally right that if you don’t go over your previous goals there’s no point in making them!

2. Bryanna M
    March 3, 2018 / 6:22 pm

It sounds like March is going to be busy and exciting! Definitely agree about having focused goals and stepping back to assess 🙂

3. BohemianBabushka
    March 3, 2018 / 4:04 pm

Shared this post on Tweety; it’s EXCELENTE!! Great and real comments with a doable view and outcome, Gracias. BB2U

• March 5, 2018 / 10:07 am

Thank you so much, I appreciate that.

4. Linda Hobbis
    March 2, 2018 / 9:57 pm

I’m so sorry but I really struggled to read your post because your sharing icons sit on the left hand side of the post and obscure the first few words of every sentence. I can tell by what I could read that you are much more organised than I am!

5. Vyjay Rao
    March 2, 2018 / 3:43 pm

I really love your penning down monthly goals and reviewing them on your blog. I think this by itself acts as a great motivation and provides more focus on the goals. Need to take out a leaf from you.

6. March 2, 2018 / 1:41 pm

You are making great strides. I dialed back in my blog for my family this year. It has allowed me to grow in other areas. It also allows me to get a healthy amount of sleep most nights.

7. March 2, 2018 / 6:59 am

It’s nice that you are so organized with your goal. It really help to take a step back at times to recover.

• March 2, 2018 / 8:44 am

Thanks Franc, I love being organised and knowing what I will be doing but I also need to take a breather a lot more

8. Shannon Graham
    March 2, 2018 / 3:55 am

My goals this month are to put money in savings. SO far I am pretty close!

• March 2, 2018 / 8:45 am

That’s really good love, I am trying that as well and so far so good

9. March 2, 2018 / 2:39 am

I started using a vision board this year, and have already failed at last months goals. Instead of getting upset, I’m going to make a point of making sure i hit them this month.

• March 2, 2018 / 8:46 am

That’s the spirit definitely don’t give up, find another way to accomplish them and if you don’t then put them aside for me minute and try something else

10. Rachel Akers
    March 2, 2018 / 1:50 am

I love the idea of sharing your goals. It adds a little more accountability. I need to focus on some me time.

• March 2, 2018 / 8:47 am

Exactly, I love holding myself accountable

11. Debra Hawkins
    March 2, 2018 / 12:49 am

They are all such great goals! I wish you all the luck in completing them!

12. March 2, 2018 / 12:01 am

Yes I do agree on setting small realistic goals first and appreciating what you can accomplish. Good luck on your next goals!

13. March 1, 2018 / 11:34 pm

I agree that your health is definitely more important and if your workload is affecting you it is definitely a good call to carve out more me time so that you can relax. I like the idea of an hour social media detox each day that sounds wonderful.

• March 2, 2018 / 8:53 am

Thanks Ana, my health is starting to get affected by my work so it’s important I look after myself now than regret later

14. March 1, 2018 / 11:14 pm

It sounds like you had a busy February and are on track for a productive March! Good for you! I totally need to set my own goals for the new month!

• March 2, 2018 / 8:54 am

Thanks Jenn, I am excited for much even though it too will be busy but still excited

15. March 1, 2018 / 10:12 pm

Ah these are great goals! I find monthly goals so helpful and motivational! Helps to break things down into easier chunks too. Good luck with them all!

• March 2, 2018 / 8:56 am

Thank you Sarah, I find it easier to break them down as you said makes it easier to work on

16. March 1, 2018 / 9:52 pm

I love the idea of making set goals and then reassessing what you accomplished. A great way to stay accountable. I think your goals were great and I am so happy you accomplished so much.

17. Ickle Pickle
    March 1, 2018 / 8:16 pm

Good Luck – a lot of these apply to me too, thank you for the inspiration. Kaz

18. Rebecca U
    March 1, 2018 / 7:55 pm

sounds like you’ve got some amazing adventures coming up – I would love to travel to Athens so I’d be keen to read your posts after your trip

19. March 1, 2018 / 7:42 pm

Woohoo, you accomplished many of your goals in February. I like your March goals–I have learned to say no. And I force myself to bed at 11.

• March 2, 2018 / 8:58 am

Thanks Amber, learning to say no for me has been a process but improving slowly

20. valmg
    March 1, 2018 / 7:23 pm

It can be really helpful to seat and track goals. As far as me time, that’s something I’m trying to give myself more of this year as well.

21. Jeanette
    March 1, 2018 / 5:06 pm

I have definitely set up goals for myself this year and so far I have not done them. I think a blog post to write it would keep me more accountable. I love your list. It looks like you are working very hard on it.

22. Amanda
    March 1, 2018 / 4:39 pm

Your goals are most definitely inspiring me! I am really working on integrating more self care, such as not beating myself up if I con’t make it to the gym and being in bed by 10 p.m. every night.

23. Tomi_C
    March 1, 2018 / 3:15 pm

Set a goal, reach a goal, then set another goal. Love how you’ve broken down your goals into categories. This is perfect for focusing on specifics and will help you continue to reach your monthly goals. Can’t wait for next month’s recap to see how you did.

24. Jen
    March 1, 2018 / 2:58 pm

Setting goals is a good way of planning. I really should do it more often. I feel a bit of a muddle right now, and more so now that I realise it is now March. You seem to be doing well, hope this month goes well for you.

25. Candy Kage
    March 1, 2018 / 2:52 pm

Every month there are things I need to accomplish. I don’t call them goals. Puts to much pressure on me.

26. March 1, 2018 / 2:39 pm

Love how you are taking care of your goals. I have to write my goals out or they won’t get done.

27. Alli Smith
    March 1, 2018 / 2:22 pm

You’re really crushing your goals and I’ve also been carving out more “me” time. I’ve been trying to be in the present instead of always somewhere in the future. Love the quote too!