What to pack for a Spring City Break

What do you pack when you’re off on a Spring city break? What are your go to items that you swear by? I know many would be asking what Spring am I referring too better yet why bother with a Spring city break? I mean seriously why bother with a Spring city break when most of Europe is snow-covered?

Spring City Break

Officially we are in Spring now but looking outside you wouldn’t think so, it’s more winter like than Spring. Over the weekend I escaped to Athens Greece with my Spring City Break Capsule, Spring Essentials only. It’s always nice to escape the cold and experience a bit of sunshine and get a dose of Vitamin D. I was very fortunate to have temperatures of 17-20 degrees where as we’ve been seeing minus numbers in UK.

During my Spring city break to Athens, a bucketlist city, I stayed at Faros 1 hotel in Piraeus. A short walk from the port in a very charming area filled with cafes, hotels and restaurants. I definitely enjoyed my short visit to this incredible city of the Greek Gods especially Athena. Throughout the city escape, I relied on my Spring Capsule to keep me warm and light. I have 8 items that I swear by and always take with me on practically every vacation regardless of the weather.

What to pack for a Spring City Break

Depending on where your Spring city break is, some of these items are definite Spring Essentials for everyone. I am someone who loves to pack light and try to find ways to carry less on my travels. This recent Spring escape has the flight attendants shocked at how little luggage I had. When I say I love to travel light, I do not kid as I know I like to explore with my backpack. Here are the items that made my Spring Capsule essentials during my Athens escape.

What to pack for a Spring City Break

Leather Jack

Whenever I travel, a leather jacket is one that I reach out for over 90% of the time, its warm and light. I have had this jacket for over 4 years now and can not get enough and consider it an essential. Leather jackets might not be for everyone but you need something similar; light but keeps you warm. During Spring the weather fluctuates between warm and cold so having something light is highly recommended. Even if you wish to take it off and carry it, it wont make you tired but would be easy to handle.

Skinny Jeans and Jeggings

Even though I am crying right now because I just ripped my favourite pair of jeggings, they are essential. I rarely wear any other types of bottoms except jeggings and skinny jeans. They are easy to style and look good in all seasons therefore it makes sense to have them. I am not sure which pants you often wear but for me skinny jeans and jeggings are a must.

T-shirt and Cardigan/Jumper

Regardless of the weather, you can never go wrong with packing a t-shirt and a jumper or cardigan. These are essential items that I swear by every single season as they are easy to style. Spring is the best time to have these items, too cold/hot, add/remove the jumper.

Accessories – Scarf and Beanie

I have always been that girl who is always extra when it comes to staying warm, suited and booted. Being cold is not something I enjoy and often prefer warmer climates than cold. It surprises people when I announce I am off on a winter city escape. But the thing is I always dress like an Eskimo during my winter travels so I don’t worry too much about it. Scarves and Beanies are accessories that I love to compliment my look and keep me warm and stylish.

Other essentials that I always take with me include canvas trainers or ankle boots which I love during Spring. I always love packing my pajamas as I love to sleep comfortably wherever in the world I am. Other than these I rarely add anything extra as often I am traveling with only my backpack. I prefer to stay light and it helps me navigate from one end to the next.

What are some of the items you always pack during a Spring city break?

1. March 28, 2018 / 4:08 pm

Great ideas which are both practical, versatile and stylish! I’ve learnt over the years to cut down what I pack because I actually only end up wearing half of it!

2. March 28, 2018 / 3:59 am

I used to over pack for every single trip that I went to and it wasn’t until recently that I made a promise to myself that I’ll be so much better at packing. I love tips like these that help me decide on what to put in my luggage!

• March 28, 2018 / 5:45 am

I was once an over-packer but after years of trial and error I have mastered it down to necessities.

3. shoshana sue
    March 27, 2018 / 8:57 pm

That blue sweater/jumper is so beautiful and a must have for Spring. I agree with you about all the items that you must pack.

4. March 27, 2018 / 8:48 pm

I totally agree with you that you can never go wrong in bringing cardigans and also skinny jeans. I always have them because they can be very versatile with the weather.

5. Fashion Du Jour LDN
    March 27, 2018 / 2:54 pm

You’ve nailed it! This is pretty much the wardrobe I would pack too. Hope Greece was awesome!

Thanks for sharing!

Leigh at Fashion Du Jour LDN x

6. March 27, 2018 / 11:14 am

I love that leather jacket!! I need to invest in one, they are so timeless!

7. Tasheena N. Womack
    March 27, 2018 / 4:04 am

Great picks! I always try to remember to pack my sunnies, North Face Jacket and a blanket scarf.

8. March 27, 2018 / 3:10 am

I’m a sucker for a denim jacket, the funkier the design the better. I also love a hoop scarf , they are great for layering. I also rock my Converse Chuck Taylor.

9. March 27, 2018 / 3:02 am

I love these pieces – they look comfy and I like that they are easy to mix and match. I would like to update some of my wardrobe and these are both practical and fun.

10. Alison Rost
    March 27, 2018 / 1:38 am

These items will make your trip more enjoyable. I like adding comfy pieces! Also, it’s good to pack light. Capsule wardrobes are highly recommended.

11. chubskulit
    March 26, 2018 / 11:32 pm

Scarf always keeps my neck part warm so I always bring me one when I travel. These is a great list!

12. Tomi_C
    March 26, 2018 / 8:31 pm

Jeans, jacket and layers always work for me. Spring is so finicky either wet, cold, rainy, hot or all of them in a day. Crazy. One year it rained our entire Spring Break, another time it snowed. This year was perfect. It rained on the last morning of our break. Woohoo!!!

13. March 26, 2018 / 5:56 pm

I love that you included a scarf and a hat. Although I live in a warm state, it’s been colder here since spring started than it was all year. I finally get to wear my accessories. I love your picks.

14. Candy Kage
    March 26, 2018 / 2:18 pm

Unless your going someplace warm. Pack layers. We just received a bunch more snow. Sweaters and boots are a must for our spring break

15. valmg
    March 26, 2018 / 1:42 pm

I pretty much pack variations of the same thing no matter where I go. I like to be comfortable and don’t are about trends so always make sure the bottoms are comfortable and have alittle stretch.

16. March 26, 2018 / 1:26 pm

I love packing all the comfy clothes especially when I’m going to be touring and walking a lot. I think these are lovely picks. Leather jackets are essential!

17. March 26, 2018 / 1:24 pm

I normally always have jeans when I go on vacation since they are comfy. Then I’ll bring t-shirts and a light coat, just in case. Last year when we went to Disney World it was unusually chilly.

18. Kristine Nicole Alessandra VA
    March 26, 2018 / 9:57 am

The weather can be so unpredictable and right now I don’t go anywhere without a beanie, a scarf and a light jacket. I love your fashion suggestions. I might get a new pair of shades too.

19. March 26, 2018 / 6:46 am

It’s all about layers in the Spring time as it can go from quite warm to really cold again x

20. March 25, 2018 / 10:56 pm

I’d love to take a city break soon and those accents of red are right up my street. Mich x

21. March 25, 2018 / 10:01 pm

Looking like a great range of things to pack for a city break indeed

22. March 25, 2018 / 9:26 pm

Love this look! I’d definitely wear all of this! Particularly the jacket, scarf, hat & shades! I have very similar ones xx

23. Kate Williams
    March 25, 2018 / 8:44 pm

I’d say to pack a camera too if you have room – at this time of year a jumper is very much an essential though.

24. March 25, 2018 / 8:19 pm

I love those clothes, really make an outfit stand out by being simple at the same time. Might just have to look at how much it all costs as I’d love them all.

25. Ickle Pickle
    March 25, 2018 / 7:54 pm

I do love Spring – although it is still so cold I am in my jeans and winter jumpers still! Kaz