{Monthly Series} May 2018 Goals

Goal setting trend has been on the rise in the last few years for various reasons. The aim of the May 2018 goals Regardless of whatever sector you work in, there is always a need to set goals. But why do we set goals and what are we trying to achieve by setting goals?

Goal setting is a skill that many have but only a few stick with and even less than implement it. There are many reasons why setting goals is important and in this article we aim to share a few reasons.

May 2018 Goals

Why do we set Goals?

I guess I should start with explaining why I set goals and what I get from it. For as long as I can remember I have always been a goal setter in everything I do. It is more like a habit that I picked us on quite early on and have continued into adulthood. I set goals because it holds me accountable and allows me to have something to work towards. Other reasons why people set goals include:

• For many setting goals allows them to stay focused on the end goal
  • It provides direction and works like a compass
  • Others helps people feel like they are in control of their lives
  • For some it is out of personal satisfaction to know they have set goals
  • And for many of us, it provides motivation to work towards our goal

Now that we’ve established why people set goals, it is time to review last month’s goals. Setting goals is as important as taking the time to review the previous month’s goals. I am a strong believer in reviewing the past, learning from it and creating a new mode of action. With that being said, here are the April 2018 Goals in review.

Recap of the April 2018 Goals

• Review the vendor contracts  to understand the requirements and if they are being adhered to. SUCCESS
  • Prepare for the audit adequately, ask questions or prepare in advance. SUCCESS
  • Stick to work schedule 9-6 and no more. SUCCESS
  • Schedule posts – this has been tough but with a busy month ahead, need to restart. FAILED
  • Prepare for next course. In Progress
  • Start scheduling posts a week in advance. FAILED
  • Start new posting schedule. FAILED
  • Resume Saturday and Sunday as rest days. SUCCESS

I must admit, April was rather a business month and I barely had time to review my goals. Often I make it a point to check up on my goals to monitor my progress but still not too badly done. Now it’s time to set the May 2018 Goals.

goals

May 2018 Goals

Whenever I set goals, I like to take into account all the planned happenings in the new month. During the month of May I have a couple of  trips planned which should be interesting. I am looking forward to returning to Korea and seeing my besties plus relaxing. With relaxing on my mind, here are the May 2018 Goals;

• Schedule posts in advance for the week and start a new posting schedule
  • Submit pre-course assignment before the deadline
  • Resume Local adventures and visit National Trust properties
  • Budget for the trip to Seoul
  • Book a surprise trip for my parent’s 30-anniversary coming up
  • Make time for OH and arrange a romantic getaway

I have a lot of other goals I wish to accomplish this month but won’t be writing them all done on here. As someone whose to-do list orientated, my note books is already full of things I wish to accomplish. At the end of the day, setting goals is good for one’s personal development.

Do you ever set goals?

May 2018 Goals

1. October 8, 2018 / 2:31 pm

I love that you do this type of post, it really lays things out and holds you accountable in a way by putting the goals out into the world. I may have to start doing something like this because writing lists in a random notebook isn’t doing it for me anymore.

2. Laura
    October 8, 2018 / 2:29 pm

Goal setting (and sticking to them) are so important in life! It keeps us accountable and helpful in our success. Love it!

• October 8, 2018 / 2:31 pm

It sure does, I love it too as it’s something useful in my life

3. October 8, 2018 / 2:29 pm

Writing my goals down and putting them in a place where I can reference them several times throughout the day helps keeps me focused on them. Good luck with reaching your goals for the month. Keep us posted.

• October 8, 2018 / 2:31 pm

Thank you, it is the same for me. I refer to them often so I can stay on track

4. October 8, 2018 / 2:29 pm

Great job! Recognizing your goals and holding yourself accountable is a great step to accomplishing them. Even when you “fail”, you have a bigger picture and clear view of the things you might need to spend more time on. I’m a goal setter too and when I write it down I stick to it so much more.

• October 8, 2018 / 2:29 pm

Thank you so much Heather, accountability is important as accomplishing the goals. As you said failing is also an important to view the bigger picture and continue working hard towards it

5. October 8, 2018 / 2:29 pm

It’s so nice to have goals for the month because it keeps you on the right track towards your dreams!
    I think it’s awesome that you were able to reach most of your goals! I hope you reach this month’s as well!

• October 8, 2018 / 2:29 pm

Thank you Alison, I like to work hard for my dreams to come to flourishing

6. Jeanine
    October 8, 2018 / 2:29 pm

you know I get so proud when I sit down, set goals for myself and then I just never follow through… ever. I need to work on this. So wonderful that you’ve accomplished yours. Very Inspiring!

• October 8, 2018 / 2:29 pm

I am glad to have inspired you Jeanine, it is touch keeping track but sometimes its as easy as downloading an app that reminds you daily

7. October 8, 2018 / 2:29 pm

It is very important to recognize the failure as much as the success. It gets you straighten out and figure out how to be better at it.

• October 8, 2018 / 2:29 pm

That is so true, I believe in reviewing the goals I did not accomplish and making a new plan of action to achieve them

8. October 8, 2018 / 2:28 pm

Sounds like you have some pretty good goals here! Hopefully your parents to read this and know that you’re going to give them a surprise trip LOL.

• October 8, 2018 / 2:31 pm

LOL, I am hoping they do not so I can definitely keep it as a surprise for them

9. October 8, 2018 / 2:28 pm

I love making goals and listing them! That really makes me want to accomplish them even more! Good luck this month!!

• October 8, 2018 / 2:29 pm

Thanks Ricci and to you too, I am the same. Listing them is half the job

10. October 8, 2018 / 2:28 pm

It was fun to see what goals you made and ones that are “not yet.” I am impressed! Keep up, tell us for accountability and share your secrets! 🙂

• October 8, 2018 / 2:29 pm

Hahaha my secrets lol, I just know what I want o work on and work on it until I achieve or even change strategy

11. robin rue
    October 8, 2018 / 2:28 pm

It looks like you got some of your goals accomplished and that is great news. Hope you get to the rest of the things you wanted to do soon 🙂

• October 8, 2018 / 2:28 pm

Thanks Robin, I want to work on my new goals and any that I did not manage last month

12. Melissa Chapman
    October 8, 2018 / 2:28 pm

You are so well organized to set goals and review your results. Your trip should be amazing and congratulations on the anniversary.

• October 8, 2018 / 2:31 pm

Thanks Melissa, I try to be organised otherwise things fall through the cracks