Goal setting trend has been on the rise in the last few years for various reasons. The aim of the May 2018 goals Regardless of whatever sector you work in, there is always a need to set goals. But why do we set goals and what are we trying to achieve by setting goals?
Goal setting is a skill that many have but only a few stick with and even less than implement it. There are many reasons why setting goals is important and in this article we aim to share a few reasons.
Why do we set Goals?
I guess I should start with explaining why I set goals and what I get from it. For as long as I can remember I have always been a goal setter in everything I do. It is more like a habit that I picked us on quite early on and have continued into adulthood. I set goals because it holds me accountable and allows me to have something to work towards. Other reasons why people set goals include:
- For many setting goals allows them to stay focused on the end goal
- It provides direction and works like a compass
- Others helps people feel like they are in control of their lives
- For some it is out of personal satisfaction to know they have set goals
- And for many of us, it provides motivation to work towards our goal
Now that we’ve established why people set goals, it is time to review last month’s goals. Setting goals is as important as taking the time to review the previous month’s goals. I am a strong believer in reviewing the past, learning from it and creating a new mode of action. With that being said, here are the April 2018 Goals in review.
Recap of the April 2018 Goals
- Review the vendor contracts to understand the requirements and if they are being adhered to. SUCCESS
- Prepare for the audit adequately, ask questions or prepare in advance. SUCCESS
- Stick to work schedule 9-6 and no more. SUCCESS
- Schedule posts – this has been tough but with a busy month ahead, need to restart. FAILED
- Prepare for next course. In Progress
- Start scheduling posts a week in advance. FAILED
- Start new posting schedule. FAILED
- Resume Saturday and Sunday as rest days. SUCCESS
I must admit, April was rather a business month and I barely had time to review my goals. Often I make it a point to check up on my goals to monitor my progress but still not too badly done. Now it’s time to set the May 2018 Goals.
May 2018 Goals
Whenever I set goals, I like to take into account all the planned happenings in the new month. During the month of May I have a couple of trips planned which should be interesting. I am looking forward to returning to Korea and seeing my besties plus relaxing. With relaxing on my mind, here are the May 2018 Goals;
- Schedule posts in advance for the week and start a new posting schedule
- Submit pre-course assignment before the deadline
- Resume Local adventures and visit National Trust properties
- Budget for the trip to Seoul
- Book a surprise trip for my parent’s 30-anniversary coming up
- Make time for OH and arrange a romantic getaway
I have a lot of other goals I wish to accomplish this month but won’t be writing them all done on here. As someone whose to-do list orientated, my note books is already full of things I wish to accomplish. At the end of the day, setting goals is good for one’s personal development.
Do you ever set goals?