Summer Travel Plans

Summer, a word that instantly puts a smile on my face, a season i love with extreme prejudice. Yes I am a summer baby and revel in the thought of making summer travel plans. Last year the plans included flying off to Dubai to celebrate my 30-th birthday in style. Whilst that was all fun and memorable, this year I am hoping to stay closer to home. If however I notice a good bargain on flights, then you know where I will be. But for now I thought I share my summer travel plans, home edition and excited about starting to explore.

summer travel plans

I often quote this statement; travel is the only thing that you spend money on that makes you richer. For most of us bloggers on make money from our blogs even when traveling we have an opportunity to make money. I have shared on the blog How I make Money blogging, it’s not all free stuff. It takes a lot of time, effort and money too to run the blog, from hosting and much more. Speaking of money, have you seen the *Consumer Credit Index tool by Cashlady? It is interesting to get an understanding of borrowing patterns in different regions across the UK. You can check out the tool and see reasons why people are borrowing money in your area and what it’s for.

Summer Travel Plans Home Edition

For the longest time I always thought traveling to be considered as such it needed to be abroad. But in recent years of being a solo traveler I have realised that being a local tourist is traveling. So many of us plan so many trips abroad but don’t even know what is local to us. I made a decision last year to change my perception and start being a local tourist and share local adventures.

Summer Travel Plans

In the spirit of keeping up with my personal decision last year, I thought I share our summer travel plans. Obviously these will change as time passes but for the longest time I had wanted to visit these places:

• Cardiff, Wales –> I have been once but it was too long ago to remember or even count.
  • Cornwall, England
  • Cork, Ireland
  • Edinburgh, Scotland –> A place I have visited a few times when I was young.
  • Lake District, England

The five places above are definitely high on my hit list for summer 2018 but plus are bucket-listed. Within the UK we have so many great places that people can visit and be local tourists. I live close to the Cotswold, people travel from abroad to visit this place. And yet I have only seen a small portion to it, I need to invest more time into local tourism.

As an avid traveler, I love almost all types of travels but city breaks are by far my favourite. I have been thinking about doing local city breaks or staycations starting with Oxford. At the moment I am scanning Groupon and Booking.com for some awesome deals for a staycation. Though staycations are not everyone’s cup of tea, I do live staying somewhere close to home being pampered.

I am hoping I am waiting to explore the five places listed above and more this summer.

Do you have any summer travel plans?

Will it be local or abroad?

Summer Travel Plans

*Asterisked link is collaborative

1. Jem
    May 14, 2018 / 10:54 pm

There are so many beautiful places to visit and see in the UK. I have lots on my list too.

2. Dannii
    May 14, 2018 / 4:10 pm

I sounds like you have an exciting summer ahead. We are hoping to go to Cornwall too. I haven’t been since I was about 10 b

3. May 13, 2018 / 6:17 pm

sounds like some great summer plans, I would LOVE to get to Cork so look forward to reading about there.

4. May 13, 2018 / 2:06 pm

We still haven’t sorted out the kids’ passports so it’s Devon again for us. If we were more organised there are loads of European cities I would love to visit – starting with Venice.

5. May 13, 2018 / 10:55 am

I’d love to go to Cardiff, visit my heritage.
    It amazes me that so many people want to travel abroad when they’re from the UK, that they don’t realise all of our hidden beauties which you just talked about.

6. May 13, 2018 / 7:42 am

I hope you get to visit the places you’ve always wanted to visit! It’s really awesome to be able to go back to a place that you’ve visited as a child. You’ll have a different view of it afterwards!

7. May 11, 2018 / 4:52 pm

We love the Lake District and spend a lot of time there!

• May 13, 2018 / 6:49 am

I can not wait to visit and explore the area myself.

8. May 11, 2018 / 1:47 pm

You have awesome summer travel plans, Miranda! Traveling locally is always fun as you find many hidden gems you couldn’t even imagine they existed. I would love to explore Edinburgh and Cornwall.

• May 13, 2018 / 6:49 am

Thanks Lydia, I am putting some emphasise on local travel for the rest of the year for sure

9. May 11, 2018 / 12:54 pm

Oh we love Edinburgh! We are going to Cornwall in the summer, I can’t wait!

• May 13, 2018 / 6:50 am

I am so jealous, I am hoping to visit Cornwall soon too.

10. May 11, 2018 / 12:05 pm

Always wanted to visit Cornwall in the summer! Maybe I’ll make it there this year.

• May 13, 2018 / 6:50 am

You and me both, here is to hoping we both make it this year

11. May 11, 2018 / 9:49 am

We are off to Yorkshire for half term and North Wales in June but that is it for the summer -apart from Camp Bestival but that is local

• May 13, 2018 / 6:51 am

It sounds like lots of fun for the family, apart from Seoul I have not planned anything else from June to December

12. May 11, 2018 / 7:49 am

Everything looks so beautiful! Hope you get to visit the places that you’ve always wanted to go to. I think they’re all perfect for the summer!

• May 13, 2018 / 6:51 am

Thanks Alison, me too

13. May 10, 2018 / 11:48 pm

What some awesome plans you have underway for some summer travel! I love getting to explore the UK we really have so many wonderful places on offer.

• May 13, 2018 / 6:52 am

We really do, it always amazes me what we have at our door step

14. May 10, 2018 / 8:31 pm

These sounds like great adventures, I am going to Romania in August and some festivals and glamping in Devon over the rest of the summer x

• May 13, 2018 / 6:53 am

You will love Romania, I visited Bucharest and Transylvania a truly incredible place

15. May 10, 2018 / 2:09 pm

We are going camping in Sussex and thinking about another cruise this year…maybe one around Norway. Also dabbling with the idea of having a yoga stay in Greece. Looking forward to hearing how you travel plans turn out.

• May 13, 2018 / 6:53 am

Oh wow, a yoga stay sounds perfect, something I would love to do one day.

16. May 10, 2018 / 1:36 pm

Great post this. It’s amazing how forgotten the gems in the UK are sadly!

17. May 10, 2018 / 1:20 pm

I’m so pleased Cornwall is on your list of places to visit this summer! We haven’t really booked anything yet, although the plan is to go abroad. It really depends on the work load of my husband hopefully, we’ll be able to get away. You are so right when you said “Travel is the only thing that you spend money on that makes you richer” 🙂

• May 13, 2018 / 6:55 am

Thanks lovely, I am excited to be visiting Cornwall tough not yet decided on the date but looking for recommendations for sure of where to stay.

18. May 10, 2018 / 10:04 am

Love that you’ve shared UK places. I love exploring around the UK. I really want to see Edinburgh soon, I’ve never been. x

• May 10, 2018 / 12:38 pm

I often seem to be sharing places outside the UK but I felt it was important to start focusing on close to home too

19. May 10, 2018 / 8:37 am

We are also working on planning our summer travels at the moment – Canada and France and Germany so far!

• May 10, 2018 / 12:41 pm

Oooh those are some nice destinations, I have been to France and Germany many times already but Canada is one I am missing. Maybe next year.