Summer Travel Plans

Summer, a word that instantly puts a smile on my face, a season i love with extreme prejudice. Yes I am a summer baby and revel in the thought of making summer travel plans. Last year the plans included flying off to Dubai to celebrate my 30-th birthday in style. Whilst that was all fun and memorable, this year I am hoping to stay closer to home. If however I notice a good bargain on flights, then you know where I will be. But for now I thought I share my summer travel plans, home edition and excited about starting to explore.

summer travel plans

I often quote this statement; travel is the only thing that you spend money on that makes you richer. For most of us bloggers on make money from our blogs even when traveling we have an opportunity to make money. I have shared on the blog How I make Money blogging, it’s not all free stuff. It takes a lot of time, effort and money too to run the blog, from hosting and much more. Speaking of money, have you seen the *Consumer Credit Index tool by Cashlady? It is interesting to get an understanding of borrowing patterns in different regions across the UK. You can check out the tool and see reasons why people are borrowing money in your area and what it’s for.

Summer Travel Plans Home Edition

For the longest time I always thought traveling to be considered as such it needed to be abroad. But in recent years of being a solo traveler I have realised that being a local tourist is traveling. So many of us plan so many trips abroad but don’t even know what is local to us. I made a decision last year to change my perception and start being a local tourist and share local adventures.

Summer Travel Plans

In the spirit of keeping up with my personal decision last year, I thought I share our summer travel plans. Obviously these will change as time passes but for the longest time I had wanted to visit these places:

• Cardiff, Wales –> I have been once but it was too long ago to remember or even count.
  • Cornwall, England
  • Cork, Ireland
  • Edinburgh, Scotland –> A place I have visited a few times when I was young.
  • Lake District, England

The five places above are definitely high on my hit list for summer 2018 but plus are bucket-listed. Within the UK we have so many great places that people can visit and be local tourists. I live close to the Cotswold, people travel from abroad to visit this place. And yet I have only seen a small portion to it, I need to invest more time into local tourism.

As an avid traveler, I love almost all types of travels but city breaks are by far my favourite. I have been thinking about doing local city breaks or staycations starting with Oxford. At the moment I am scanning Groupon and Booking.com for some awesome deals for a staycation. Though staycations are not everyone’s cup of tea, I do live staying somewhere close to home being pampered.

I am hoping I am waiting to explore the five places listed above and more this summer.

Do you have any summer travel plans?

Will it be local or abroad?

Summer Travel Plans

*Asterisked link is collaborative

1. October 8, 2018 / 2:14 pm

These sounds like great adventures, I am going to Romania in August and some festivals and glamping in Devon over the rest of the summer x

• October 8, 2018 / 4:44 pm

You will love Romania, I visited Bucharest and Transylvania a truly incredible place

2. October 8, 2018 / 2:01 pm

I’m so pleased Cornwall is on your list of places to visit this summer! We haven’t really booked anything yet, although the plan is to go abroad. It really depends on the work load of my husband hopefully, we’ll be able to get away. You are so right when you said “Travel is the only thing that you spend money on that makes you richer” 🙂

• October 8, 2018 / 4:44 pm

Thanks lovely, I am excited to be visiting Cornwall tough not yet decided on the date but looking for recommendations for sure of where to stay.

3. October 8, 2018 / 2:01 pm

Everything looks so beautiful! Hope you get to visit the places that you’ve always wanted to go to. I think they’re all perfect for the summer!

• October 8, 2018 / 2:01 pm

Thanks Alison, me too

4. October 8, 2018 / 2:01 pm

We love the Lake District and spend a lot of time there!

• October 8, 2018 / 4:44 pm

I can not wait to visit and explore the area myself.

5. October 8, 2018 / 2:01 pm

We are going camping in Sussex and thinking about another cruise this year…maybe one around Norway. Also dabbling with the idea of having a yoga stay in Greece. Looking forward to hearing how you travel plans turn out.

• October 8, 2018 / 2:01 pm

Oh wow, a yoga stay sounds perfect, something I would love to do one day.

6. October 8, 2018 / 1:54 pm

I hope you get to visit the places you’ve always wanted to visit! It’s really awesome to be able to go back to a place that you’ve visited as a child. You’ll have a different view of it afterwards!

7. Jem
    October 8, 2018 / 1:54 pm

There are so many beautiful places to visit and see in the UK. I have lots on my list too.

8. Jem
    May 14, 2018 / 10:54 pm

9. Dannii
    May 14, 2018 / 4:10 pm

I sounds like you have an exciting summer ahead. We are hoping to go to Cornwall too. I haven’t been since I was about 10 b

10. Dannii
    October 8, 2018 / 2:00 pm

11. May 13, 2018 / 6:17 pm

sounds like some great summer plans, I would LOVE to get to Cork so look forward to reading about there.

12. October 8, 2018 / 4:44 pm

13. May 13, 2018 / 2:06 pm

We still haven’t sorted out the kids’ passports so it’s Devon again for us. If we were more organised there are loads of European cities I would love to visit – starting with Venice.

14. May 13, 2018 / 10:55 am

I’d love to go to Cardiff, visit my heritage.
    It amazes me that so many people want to travel abroad when they’re from the UK, that they don’t realise all of our hidden beauties which you just talked about.

15. October 8, 2018 / 4:44 pm