15 Life Quotes that Motivate Me

15 LIFE QUOTES

What motivates you in life? How do you get motivated? I get motivation from life quotes as well as things  my friends and family. Last week I shared 15 travel quotes that inspire me to continue traveling and maximise my travels. This week I thought I share 15 life quotes that motivate me to get on with life. I have three life quotes in my home that I look at everyday before I start my day.

15 Life Quotes that Motivate Me

Life isn’t about waiting for the storm pass, its about learning to dance in the rain. This was the first quote I heard bought in a frame and a first item in my home. It is a quote that I look to daily but most especially when things get tough.

Speaking of things getting tough, there was one quote my father bought in our old home in Zambia. When life gets tough the tough get going, I read it everyday when I was young. But I still never understood what it mean’t, not sure if I do now to be honest.

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving. This is the second quote I have in my home that I read daily. No truer statement had ever been more applicable to my life especially in my 20’s than this. It took me a long time to realise I needed to keep my balance and move on with life. No point in holding grudges as that’s negative energy that should have no room in anyone’s life.

15 life quotes

Another one of my favourite quotes talks about life and change, this one speaks more volume. “Only I can change my life, no one else can do it for me – Carol Burnett” I have always believed, happiness is a choice, no one can make you happy, it’s an inside job. People can add to your happiness but they can not make you happy unless you do it for yourself. People who’ve entered my life have made me happy in one way or another, but I was already happy before they entered it.

15 Life Quotes that can change you!

“Difficult roads often lead to Beautiful Destinations” – this only makes sense when you experience it.

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them” – this is so true, focus on love not judging.

“Life always offers you a second chance, its called tomorrow ” – don’t waste the opportunities tomorrow offers.

“I have found that if you love life, life will love you back” – sometimes it doesn’t feel like it but it’s true.

“Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. – Soren Kierkegaard”

Life Quotes

“There is no un-do in real life – Marcos Figueira”

“Don’t go through life, grow through life – Eric Butterworth”

Breathe. It’s just a bad day, not a bad life

Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire

Let your smile change the world but don’t let the world change your smile

There are so many life quotes that I read and get motivating from, but the 15 above are my favourite. Which are your favourite life quotes?

Life Quotes

1. Jeanine
    June 6, 2018 / 3:53 am

Great quotes. I for one need to find one that helps motivate me especially on a Monday!

2. June 5, 2018 / 8:31 pm

There are so many great quotes here. This is my favorite: Life always offers you a second chance, its called tomorrow

3. BONNIE GOWEN
    June 5, 2018 / 5:06 pm

I love reading quotes especially ones that I have never heard of before. Thanks for sharing these, they are great.

4. June 5, 2018 / 2:57 pm

“Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving.” so true. I have a lot of motivational quotes like that to help me keep my head in the game. Great post,

5. lisalisa
    June 5, 2018 / 2:21 pm

I have a few quotes around my home! Quotes are so inspiring and with the way life is for many of us, having quotes around to help make the challenges of life a little easier is always good for helping to kick start my day!

6. Danielle Fox
    June 5, 2018 / 2:00 pm

I love turning to scripture to motivate me. Staying in the Lords word lifts me up!

7. June 5, 2018 / 11:14 am

Quotes are so inspiring and that’s why I love reading them before I start my day! It’s so nice to read the quotes that help motivate you! I feel so motivated to do more as well!

8. June 5, 2018 / 10:33 am

I am such a people pleaser so there’s a quote my grandma used to say that I remind myself often. When I would get upset or worried about how someone would react to me, she would always tell me that “They don’t pay your bills.”

9. June 5, 2018 / 9:35 am

Quotes are so beautiful. They are like beacons which show the way on lifes journey. My favourite from your collection is , “Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving”

10. June 5, 2018 / 7:23 am

Quotes are so beautiful, I always have them around my office especially when I feel like I need some motivation. I enjoyed reading the quotes that you shared.

11. June 5, 2018 / 4:38 am

Finding a good motivator is key to good work. These ones you picked are perfect for me too.

12. June 5, 2018 / 4:04 am

These are such wonderful quotes! I need to print a bunch out that inspire me and hang them in my office area. Keep being inspired!

13. June 5, 2018 / 3:07 am

I love a good quote. Thanks for sharing your favorites. I just added two or three to my list!

14. Reesa Lewandowski
    June 5, 2018 / 2:25 am

Perfect for Monday Motivation! I often find a good quote really keeps me going!

15. June 5, 2018 / 1:38 am

These are such cool and inspiring quotes – love the bicycle one – just so true!

Laura x

16. June 5, 2018 / 12:50 am

I absolutely love a good quote! You’re right, they can be so motivating and inspiring!

17. Krystal Miller
    June 5, 2018 / 12:27 am

I love “Don’t go through life, grow through life ” because it is so true. You really have a limited time here, you want to engage those minutes!

18. June 4, 2018 / 7:21 pm

this is one of favorite quotes “I have found that if you love life, life will love you back” . This is such a wonderful list.. I will need to save some of these. Happy Monday

19. robin rue
    June 4, 2018 / 4:29 pm

I know a few people that swear by reading quotes. They can definitley be really motivating and inspiring!

20. June 4, 2018 / 4:25 pm

I like the Breathe quote. I try to live a positive life and when I find myself feeling down, I make sure I read quotes like these. They never fail to lift me up.

21. Mitch
    June 4, 2018 / 3:27 pm

Great quotes can be a huge help in daily living. There is so much truth in them, and reminders that everything happens for a reason. We may not see it right away, so we need these reminders! Thanks!