The 2018 summer fashion capsule details all the essentials items you need to have in your closet. Summer is one season where less is more in terms of outfits and staying stylish in the heat. Our aim is to give you an idea of pieces that will make for a great summer fashion capsule. We also hope to share some tips on how to style the pieces in the summer fashion capsule.
When creating a fashion capsule, it pays to write your purchases on paper before you buy them. Writing them down allows for one to see how each piece will fit together especially mismatching. Over the last few years, I have taken pride in buying quality clothing that lasts than quantity. Quality clothes allow me to utilise them for more seasons than most cheap clothes.
Summer Fashion Capsule – Tips
Summer Fashion Capsules should contain essential items that you will need during the season. On the other hand, it should contain items that you’re most comfortable in and. make you happy. There is no point in adding a midi skirt when you don’t care for skirts. Make sure the items you include are those you will be wearing and are comfortable in. When I am creating a fashion capsule, I think of;
- Types of clothes that I like to wear
- Items that I already have in my closet
- Write down items that need to be replaced or repaired
- Write down items to give away
- Restart my wardrobe for the season
Once I have done the above, I am now ready to start creating my fashion capsule regardless of the season. These tips have been a great help to me over the years, to see them in action, read on.
- Types of clothes I like to wear: Skirts, dresses, jumpsuits and shorts
- Already have in the closet: All of the above
- What to replace or repair: Dresses and jumpsuits to replace, Sandals to repair
- Items to give away: Anything I have not worn in six month or Items that are worn out or small
- Restart the Wardrobe for the Season; only add pieces that I will wear and season essentials.
Summer Fashion Capsule – Curated
When curating a fashion capsule you have to really think about the items you are confident in wearing. The capsule should not be about what would look like, it should be about what looks nice on you. It should be a capsule encapsulating items that will fit and work for your body type.
As someone with long legs but heavy mid-section padding, I aim to show off my legs and cover my middle. There a few items that I always included in my summer fashion capsules which I mentioned above. These few items help me to create three styles and I stick to these styles always;
- Style 1 – jumpsuit or dress paired with sandals or wedges
- style 2 – shorts paired with a t-shirt, add some sandals and go light on accessories
- style 3 – skirts paired with a blouse and some flats
Once you’ve decided on the styles you want to rock during the summer, start thinking of the colours. Not everyone is comfortable wearing brightly coloured clothes but some colour is nice. In my closet, you will find sorts of blues, pinks, orange, nudes and whites/blacks. I don’t go too crazy with the colours but I have most rainbow colours which I mismatch.
Curating a fashion capsule can be as easy as 1-2-3 for some but for others, it can be stressful. From this article, here are the tips I wish you take;
- Only add items you’re comfortable wearing
- Less is more