{Monthly Series} August 2018 Goals

How productive are you in your own life? Productivity is described as a measure of how efficient a person or system is. With this definition in place, would you consider yourself to be a productive person? I would like to think of myself as ‘productive’ in my work and my personal life but I am still lacking. In order for me to continue being productive in my life, I set goals monthly which I work to accomplish.

The August 2018 Goals is the latest edition in my monthly series where I share goals. These goals vary every month depending on what I am trying to accomplish. But one thing that I am consistent on is ensuring I follow-up on previous month’s goals. There is no point in setting goals monthly or yearly if you have no intention of reviewing them. Always perform a recap to conduct a review of your progress (if any) and set new goals

Recap of July 2018 Goals

As mentioned above, it is important to take the time to review your previous goals. Most times when you’re not able to accomplish your goals, a change in strategy might be required. One thing I always remember when reviewing previous goals is to give myself some slack. It is not always possible to accomplish all goals, what counts is the effort that you’ve put in. With that in mind, here is a recap of the July 2018 Goals

• Grow A July Dreamer Instagram following {2690} –> SUCCESS 3400
  • Grow A July Dreamer Pinterest following {288} –> SUCCESS 360
  • Increase traffic flow from Pinterest to blog – SUCCESS, June = 3.0k,  July = 3.4k
  • Grow the mailing list – On hold
  • Write more quality and longer post – working on it
  • Interact with a brand that matches A July Dreamer ethos – SUCCESS
  • Start incorporating videos into my content (still in thought process) – On hold

Though July was a busy month, it was also a successful month for the blog. I must confess every summer I experience the summer slump and struggle to push content through. This summer has been no exception, I am absolutely struggling with creating content that I like. Blogging is always about pushing content but sharing content that you as a blogger are happy to share.

August 2018 Goals

Every summer I think of ways that can help me improve the summer slump. Each summer seems to bring forth different challenges but they all seem to cause my summer slump. I have been thinking of ways to work through but must admit its still a work in progress. But I will not be allowing that to deter me from setting my August 2018 Goals.

August 2018 Goals

I am surprised at how quickly August got here, just a few days ago it was July. But to be honest I am super happy that August is here, I am a few travel plans in motion. It is also my sister’s birthday month so it’s doubly exciting. With that in mind, here are the August 2018 Goals that I would like to accomplish.

• August Travels – book hotels and plan some day trips for; Zagreb, Ljubljana, Newquay and Cologne.
  • Schedule in personal time
  • Start saving again for a mortgage
  • Find ways to overcome the summer slump
  • Creating a new blogging schedule
  • Schedule more content throughout the month

As you can see, I have decided to be kinder to myself and take into account my summer slump. I have set simple but productive goals for my life which allow me to feel more productive. There are several goals that I wish to accomplish but for now, I will work on them in the background.

How-to Be More Productive!

Everyone wants to be more productive with their time and also with their money. I know for one I want to make sure that I utilise my time the best way possible. This is not always easy as there is enough going on that distracts us from our main goal. Today I want to share some tips on how you can be more productive in your life.

• Every morning (or the night before) write down a to-do list of things you did not get to do. Then write another to-do list of things you want to accomplish today. Decided which of these things is more urgent and can not wait. Focus on that then work your way down starting with the simplest.
  • Armed with the above to-do list, focus on working on one goal or item at a time. There is no point in being overwhelmed by the things on your to-do list, you will waste time. Do one thing at a time, allocate adequate time to each goal and stick to it.
  • Make time for exercise, it doesn’t have to be anything strenuous, a nice walk down the road is enough. This time should be used to reflect on your life or your work. Multi-tasking is not always the best way forward.

Being productive can be as easy or as hard as you make it out to be. Set small but reachable goals and work on one at a time as opposed to multi-tasking. Make sure you figure out what time you work best (morning, afternoon or evening). Utilise that time to work on important tasks and avoid distractions.

1. October 8, 2018 / 1:56 pm

I definitely need to manage my time more effectively in order to allow myself to be more productive!

2. October 8, 2018 / 1:56 pm

Great tips on how to be more productive. I love a good “to do” list!

3. October 8, 2018 / 1:56 pm

I love setting goals for my blog and personal achievements too. Doesn’t it feel great to see you getting closer to achieving them? Good luck with the rest of your goals!

4. October 8, 2018 / 1:56 pm

Good luck with achieving you August goals – mine are to get back into the swing of blogging again and create a new home series on my blog x

5. October 8, 2018 / 1:55 pm

How informative! And I just love the way you set your future goals, very inspiring. Thank you!

6. October 8, 2018 / 1:55 pm

Love how you set goals and take the time to reflect on them each month. I do this at work – but prefer to keep my blog a little footloose and fancy free!
    Cx

7. October 8, 2018 / 1:55 pm

Such a great idea, I really need to start setting time aside for goals.

8. October 8, 2018 / 1:55 pm

you’ve got some great goals for the month – particularly your travel plans coming up, rather jealous. I also need to make more time for exercise, so hard when the kids are off school to be as productive as I normally am!

9. October 8, 2018 / 1:54 pm

This is a super way to set goals – I really ought to do something like this too. I tend to just let everything flow naturally, but I imagine things would be a lot better for me if I focus on growth and productivity. Thanks for the inspiration!

10. October 8, 2018 / 1:54 pm

Good luck on the August challenges and well done on your July achievemenst

11. August 18, 2018 / 12:46 am

12. August 15, 2018 / 12:42 pm

13. August 14, 2018 / 11:43 pm

14. August 14, 2018 / 2:14 pm

15. August 14, 2018 / 12:44 pm

Such a great idea, I really need to start setting time aside for goals.

16. August 14, 2018 / 10:11 am

17. August 13, 2018 / 2:32 pm

Cx

18. August 13, 2018 / 12:44 pm

19. August 13, 2018 / 12:33 pm

Great tips on how to be more productive. I love a good “to do” list!

20. August 13, 2018 / 9:21 am