Summer Beauty Essentials 2018

Depending on which hemisphere you’re in, I am a summer or winter baby. But I relate more with summer because I love the warmth it brings and how it makes my skin sparkle. In today’s article, I wanted to share some of the summer beauty essentials I use. Summer has a habit of bringing families together over BBQs, days out at the beach and more. But it is notorious for packing some harmful UV rays that can cause damage to your skin.

Recently I shared the Summer 2018 Face Routine post where I gave some tips on sun protection. The tips included wearing sunscreen, avoiding mid-day sun and staying hydrated. Whilst these tips are handy, there also other ways we can continue to protect ourselves. In the summer beauty essentials post of 2018, I aim to share head-to-toe products that I am using this summer.

Summer Beauty Essentials 2018

Summer of 2018 has been one of the best summers we’ve had in recent years. With that comes the abundance of new beauty products hitting the match. People have been crazy hitting the beach but rarely think about the right products. In this roundup of summer beauty essentials for 2018, we will share what I use and some new finds.

Body

Lacura: Moisturising Sun Lotion – this sunscreen offers 24-hr protection and contains both UVA and UVB to protect against sun exposure. What to love about this product is it doesn’t leave white marks and its water resistant. As a frequent traveller, I have found this product really handy especially since it comes in a 50ml bottle.

Dove Invisible Care Antiperspirant

Tested on a 100 colours, this antiperspirant range doesn’t leave white marks. I have been using Dove for years and can always rely on what it says on the tin. This range has no alcohol allow the underarm to recover from irritation from shaving.

Face

Korean Face Masks – if there is one thing Koreans are very good at is skincare products. Almost all of their products are made from natural ingredients that are restorative. It’s all about protecting your skin whilst looking yummy for as long as possible. I own a bunch of Korean skin care products and masks are my favourite.

Dior Backstage Face and Body Foundation

I am not big on wearing makeup but I love this one. Not only is it water resistant it is also sweat resistant and doesn’t cause your face to cake in the heat. You don’t have to worry about not finding your shade with this foundation, it has 40 different ones.

Hair

Living Proof Dry Shampoo – If there is one bandwagon I never really got on it was dry shampoo. I always felt it could make my hair look and feel as good as ordinary shampoo does. How wrong was I, since trying a few other brands and more recent Living Proof, I am in love. With my crazy travel schedule, it has become paramount to have such a product around.

Shea Moisture Strengthen

My afro hair needs all the help it can get. I have a small bald patch on my crown that just seemed to have appeared from nowhere. Using products from Shea Moisture has been helping to grow my hair more healthily. I am also using onion juice on my bald patch to give it a fighting chance.

Lips

Nivea Sun Lip Balm with SPF 30

One thing I hate is having cracked lips. Most of us forget about our lips when creating the summer beauty essentials list. This lip balm is enriched with vitamin E and has sunflower extracts which project the lips from the sun. Above all else, it keeps your lips moistured whilst protecting it from the sun.

I first got this lip balm back in 2015 when I visited the states. Since then I have been in love with this brand, I love that his lip balm is 100% natural. When I first applied the lip balm it tingled, I wasn’t sure if that was a good thing. But then realised it is, the beeswax is a natural skin conditioner.

When it comes to summer (ok all seasons) I make sure I have products that will help my skin. I don’t wear heavy products as sweating is not cute in any situation. I hope you find these products as helpful as they are too me.

1. August 30, 2018 / 1:45 am

The only thing I am familiar with here is the wipes. I have used it and I like it! Even my daughters. But I would like to try Garnier. I will look for that at Watsons. I hope they carry this brand 😀

2. August 28, 2018 / 2:39 am

Great shout on the lip balm- that Nivea one is so nourishing!

3. August 27, 2018 / 7:55 pm

I love Korean face masks! Their face masks suit my a bit sensitive skin and there are just so many to choose from.

4. hannah
    August 26, 2018 / 10:01 am

I love my dry shampoo, its a must have for me. Havent tried the brand you suggested

5. August 25, 2018 / 9:12 pm

Great choices! There’s so many beauty products to choose from these days it’s hard to know what’s really good!

6. August 24, 2018 / 9:06 pm

Eveything sounds really good. I especially would like to try the Living Proof dry shampoo, as I use a lot of dry shampoo between hair washes. x

7. August 24, 2018 / 8:38 pm

These sound like some awesome essentials for summer, I have to admit I do love a good face mask and korea often seems to be a skip and hop ahead when it comes to beauty products.

8. August 24, 2018 / 3:49 pm

I cannot live without lip balm, my lips dry out so fast

9. August 24, 2018 / 3:39 pm

I much prefer winter over summer – Halloween and Christmas as well as my birthday are huge selling points! But I enjoy the hot weather before it gets too unbearable. My summer staples are dry shampoo (but I have yet to find a decent one, so perhaps I should try Living Proof Dry Shampoo according to your review!), Veet (because I cannot be bothered to shave in summer) and, um, hairbands… x

10. August 24, 2018 / 11:56 am

I’ve not used any korean skincare yet but there’s so many products on my want list!

11. Kathleen
    August 24, 2018 / 11:05 am

Thanks for sharing your skin favorites. We all seem to have them. I have an assortment as well. I have to get on the band wagon and look at the Korean Face Masks, and give them a try.

12. Blair villanueva
    August 24, 2018 / 7:39 am

Nivea lipbalm is always in my bag. And a few face mask sheets, especially during stressful day.

13. August 24, 2018 / 3:04 am

It has been incredibly hot here too but it’s finally cooling down for good it seems. I love Korean face masks, especially popping them in the fridge before applying.

14. August 23, 2018 / 4:20 pm

Nivea lip balm is something I use all year round. I love the stuff and so does my daughter x

15. August 23, 2018 / 1:40 pm

I love that Korean face mask! And about the rest…I should give them a try. They seem like great products!

16. August 23, 2018 / 1:27 pm

Great list. I’ve heard lots of great things about Korean skin care. I need to look into this. And dry shampoo is life.

17. August 23, 2018 / 6:46 am

I also love using Korean face masks! They are affordable and very moisturizing. 🙂 I buy in bulk because it’s already part of my skincare regimen. 🙂

18. Ruth I.
    August 23, 2018 / 6:33 am

For my dried lips, I use ChapStick’s. It never failed me to make my lips moisturized.

19. Princess Quinn
    August 23, 2018 / 6:30 am

i love summer too. The only problem is, it gives me sticky feeling when I am out in the sun. My hair’s frizzy and sweaty. Honestly, haven’t tried dry shampoo yet. Maybe I can use this brand to start with.

20. August 23, 2018 / 6:19 am

I don’t love summer as much as I love winter. But all these products are really great and will help in Taking care of our skin very well even in summer. I would love to try them the coming summer.

21. Sudipta Dev Chakraborti
    August 23, 2018 / 5:15 am

This is an excellent list of summer makeup essentials. I too avoid wearing anything heavy during summers and the subsequent monsoon season.

22. Melissa
    August 23, 2018 / 3:14 am

I love dry shampoo, but I haven’t tried that brand. I am still searching for the perfect one, so I will have to try it out!

23. August 23, 2018 / 1:38 am

I love using Nature Republic aloe vera gel. It is a Korea skin care trade mark. I just knew that Korea skin care booming in USA too recently.

24. August 22, 2018 / 9:36 pm

This summer is really beautiful and sunny, that’s why my skin needs some extra protection. That’s why moisturising sun lotion is just something for me. I also love Nivea lip balms, they can always be recommended! 🙂

25. August 22, 2018 / 8:41 pm

These all sound great! I am all about the dry shampoo. I use a lot of it! I need to be better about using lip balm.

26. August 22, 2018 / 2:18 pm

I Iove nivea lip balm and how can you love this heat. It was so bad this time I don’t think I will be calling back summer anytime soon.

27. August 22, 2018 / 1:39 pm

Can you recommend any specific brands of Korean masks? I will need a serious skin detox and refresh after festival season and would love to try some!

28. August 22, 2018 / 1:35 pm

Nivea lip balm is such a summer essential. If I am going somewhere hot I pack a primer too so that the makeup hasn’t slipped down my face.