Take Twelve Trips – August 2018 Slovenia Highlights

I am a strong believer in the quote that reads; Travel is the healthiest addiction. Travelling is one thing that you can spend money on and makes your richer. This is one of the reasons I decided to participate in the #take12trips travel challenge. As part of this challenge, I am sharing my Slovenia Highlights of places I visited and things I did.

Slovenia was the first country I visited when I started this travel challenge back in 2015. A work colleague spoke about Ljubljana and I knew I just had to visit one day. The city did not disappoint, I visited during winter and it was so magical. Since then I have been a few times in various seasons and loved it then too.

Related: Ljubljana heart of Slovenia

Take Twelve Trips – Slovenia Highlights

On my recent trip to Croatia, I decided to take a day trip from Zagreb to Ljubljana. Knowing that Ljubljana is only an hour and a half away from Zagreb I couldn’t miss this opportunity. I have amazing memories of my time in Slovenia and I couldn’t wait to visit again.

Ljubljana holds a special place in my heart and it’s one I am always happy to visit. All my past trips to Slovenia have been to three places; Ljubljana, Bled and Vintgar Gorge. I have been to a few other places but these three are the most frequent.

I booked my day trip with aviator.co.uk who in collaboration with a local company drove us to Slovenia. The day trip included a visit to the capital of Slovenia, to Lake Bled and if time allowed to Vintgar Gorge. I was excited to visit the green city of Europe again, here is the Slovenia Highlights.

Ljubljana – the heart of Slovenia

No matter how many times I visit Ljubljana I can not seem to get enough of it. Being able to visit the Castle, taking a walk in the city and exploring the market. Everyone seems to focus on only the touristy parts but this city has more to offer than that. Our visit coincided with a festival which offered games and music.

Part of the tour allowed us to explore the city on foot, checked out all the hidden treasures. Tucked into some amazing local foods and made time to people watch. Which I find very therapeutic as it gives us a chance to see the world.

Lake Bled – a castle with a view

Whilst I do not enjoy the little hike up the hill to the castle, once I get there the view is incredible. I wouldn’t call myself a history buff but I enjoyed reading up about Bled. Another incredible thing is the restaurants with a view overlooking Lake Bled.

Lake Bled is so blue with a mini island that is such an incredible little church. On all my visits I missed out on riding the boat to the ride and touring the little idea. For this trip, I made sure to only focus on riding the boat and exploring the idea. It was more than I had imagined and definitely worth a visit if you’re ever in Slovenia.

No matter how many times I visit Slovenia, I never get tired of it. I am hoping to one day take my partner and my parents as well. It is a place where you can relax, enjoy the culture and is very affordable.

1. October 8, 2018 / 1:49 pm

I love places like this that aren’t so mainstream and are unheard of so you get a real taste of the people and culture when you’re there! I hope that you had an amazing time!

2. October 8, 2018 / 1:49 pm

Slovenia looks stunning although is not a place I would have considered visiting before now

3. October 8, 2018 / 1:49 pm

I know someone who has been here and they adore it. Say it’s totally unspoilt and stunning

4. October 8, 2018 / 1:49 pm

Oh wow Slovenia looks incredible! Ive never thought about going but it looks stunning!

5. October 8, 2018 / 1:49 pm

WOW Slovenia looks like such a beautiful place to visit, your photos are amazing!

6. October 8, 2018 / 1:48 pm

You lucky thing having been during different seasons. It’s a great way to see the beauty of a country. I’d love to visit Slovenia and will try to see Lake Bled if I goas it sounds and looks lovely.

• October 8, 2018 / 1:49 pm

Lake Bled really makes you bleed with happiness lol, I am so fortunate.

7. October 8, 2018 / 1:48 pm

Slovenia isn’t a country I’d initially think of to visit on holiday, however the landscape looks stunning and that castle looks seriously impressive πŸ™‚

• October 8, 2018 / 1:49 pm

It is such a stunning country and has so much to offer than people give it credit.

8. October 8, 2018 / 1:48 pm

I have seen the island on many stock photos and Instagram feeds. This looks like a place I would love to visit.

Thanks for Sharing

John M

• October 8, 2018 / 1:49 pm

Right, I saw Lake Bled in so many stock pictures but wanted to see for myself and glad have been a few times now.

9. October 8, 2018 / 1:48 pm

Slovenia sounds like a lovely place to visit for a holiday. Having the opportunity to experience hidden places known by only the locals makes for one exciting adventure!

• October 8, 2018 / 1:49 pm

It sure does, it is such an underrated country but has so much to offer a tourist.

10. October 8, 2018 / 1:48 pm

Travel is the healthiest addiction. I love travelling. I would love to travel every month if I could.

11. October 8, 2018 / 1:48 pm

We visited Croatia this month and it was such a beautiful country. Not been to Slovenia yet but it’s on my list!

• October 8, 2018 / 1:49 pm

Croatia coast is amazing but Slovenia holds its own too, its the green country of Europe.

12. August 27, 2018 / 12:32 pm

Author
      August 24, 2018 / 7:17 am

20. August 22, 2018 / 10:21 pm

• Miranda
      Author
      August 24, 2018 / 7:16 am

Lake Bled really makes you bleed with happiness lol, I am so fortunate.

21. August 22, 2018 / 1:58 pm