Saturday Fab Finds: Living Proof – dry shampoo

Saturday fab finds is a unique series on A July Dreamer where I share my latest finds. The series features a variety of products that have either been sent for review or were purchased by me. This week’s fab finds features a Salon products company Living Proof.

Dry shampoo

One thing that I had always been sceptical about was dry shampoo on afro kinky hair and if it works. Because of that, I have taken a dim view of the claims made by companies that make/sell dry shampoo. This was until I tried Living Proof’s dry shampoo that I received in my Influenster Box a few weeks ago.

Because I am often travelling, I found it hard to maintain my hair and only wash when home. I decided that I would give the Living Proof dry shampoo a go and see who it would work for my hair. The aim of this post is to share my personal experience using the dry shampoo on afro hair.

About Living Proof

Prior to being sent the product, I had not heard of the company before or any of the products they made. I did a little research and learnt, that the founders consist of hair stylists and biotech scientist. With over 150 awards won by the company, I knew there must be more to the products.

The Living Proof dry shampoo is;

• Paraben-free
  • Phthalate-free
  • Safe for chemically treated hair
  • Silicone-free
  • Colour safe
  • Cruelty-free

Living proof dry shampoo

Mini-Review of Living Proof Dry Shampoo

It had been 2 weeks since I last washed my hair, because of the many travels I needed something quick. I decided it was now or never and tried the dry shampoo as instructed. At first, I was sceptical, the shampoo left my hair looking a bit white. After a few minutes and brushing it off, the white flake disappeared and my hair smelled amazing.

The dry shampoo is designed to absorb sweat, oil and odour and personally, I was amazed it worked. My hair is not the easiest to manage I am so glad I tried this dry shampoo. The product is also suitable for chemically treated hair and we can attest to that. I am really impressed with the product and can not recommend it enough.

1. September 13, 2018 / 6:53 am

Dry Shampoo is my best friend! Ha!! So good you’ve found one you like.

2. September 12, 2018 / 6:25 pm

I haven’t used dry shampoo before! This sounds brilliant and perfect for those manic mornings 😊 – think of all that saved time.

3. September 11, 2018 / 10:58 pm

I find dry shampoo really makes my scalp dry. I will have to give this one a go and see how it fares.

4. September 11, 2018 / 5:26 pm

Dry shampoo is a staple in my house, even my husband has been known to use it once in a while. I’ve not tried this brand though so will keep an eye out for it next time.

5. September 11, 2018 / 7:40 am

Dry shampoo is a must in my life! I don’t get chance to wash my hair every morning so this sounds perfect!

6. September 10, 2018 / 11:11 pm

As a mum to two young kids, dry shampoo is one of my life lines. I hadn’t heard of this one before, but might give it a try next time I need to restock.

7. September 10, 2018 / 9:39 pm

I have dry shampoo for when I am desperate. It makes my hair really fly away so then I need to add hairspray to keep the wild strands at bay. My hair is short, thin and doesn’t play fair lol!

8. September 10, 2018 / 12:45 pm

I have this dry shampoo and it really is a fab find. I love the way it works and that it cleans rather than masks…simply amazing! It also smells gorgeous too.