Lunch at Sticks ‘n’ Sushi Oxford Westgate

Sticks ‘n’ Sushi is a Danish and Japanese chain started over 22 years ago by two brothers. Back in January, we enjoyed a dinner for two and now we are back for lunch. We decided to come back because of the quality of the food and the service.

The restaurant is located in Oxford’s new shopping mall, Westgate on the top floor. The view of Oxford is absolutely impressive and the restaurant blends in nicely with others. With the good weather, we chose to stay outside and enjoy a nice meal.

Westgate is full of amazing restaurants and that we are happy to recommend. Cinnamon Kitchen and Dirty Bones.

Lunch at Sticks ‘n’ Sushi

Because I already shared the full 411 on the restaurant, I will focus on our Lunch at Sticks ‘n’ Sushi. The three of us; Winceats and FoodiePLS, decided to have our long overdue catch-up here. One thing I really wanted to try during our Lunch at Sticks ‘n’ Sushi was the sparkling sake.

Sake is a Japanese wine which we tried during our visit to review the Wagamama Lunch Menu. Since I tried both types that they sold, I quickly learned I loved the sweet version more. Whilst at Sticks ‘n’ Sushi I made sure to old a sweet sparkling sake. It was exactly what the doctor had ordered for our monthly girls’ catch-up.

Lunch at Sticks 'n' Sushi

One thing I will say about Sticks ‘n’ Sushi is it can get expensive pretty fast. For our lunch for three we found ourselves with almost a £200 bill for mains, dessert and drinks. We don’t regret the delicious foods we ate but just be aware, it can add up pretty quickly.

We went for Shake (Salmon) and Hosomaki (sushi), Robust (stick foods) and Salmon OD. Plus a couple of sake bottles which were super yummy on a cool summer’s breeze. There so much food, much more than we had anticipated and ended with taking some home. For dessert, we opted for the 3 for £10 pieces where you choose three mini desserts.

Lunch at Sticks 'n' Sushi

Mini Lunch Menu Review

Though not mandatory, we made a reservation and booked a table for three. The design of the entire place is so very welcoming and relaxing, it caters to all. It brought back all the memories of our dinner at the beginning of the year. We were very excited to visit again and be in each other’s company.

The restaurant wasn’t too packed and we had very attentive staff who looked after us. From the moment we sat down till we left, we had such great service from the staff. Our food was very yummy, fresh and some great combination of flavours. We can not recommend this restaurant enough and can’t wait to return.

As mentioned already, the prices do add up pretty quickly, the last time we visited, we watched our wallets. Last time we stuck with a salad, drink and dessert and it was a bit expensive. So make sure to do the maths before ordering like crazy like we did, still worth it though.

1. September 10, 2018 / 2:00 am

OMG all of that sushi looks AMAZE!! I haven’t sushi in a while and now I’m craving it!!

2. September 10, 2018 / 1:39 am

I would love to get me some sushi from that place! It sounds amazing and the sushi looks great! I think it’s worth it especially if you’re just visiting Oxford and would love to make your meal memorable!

3. September 8, 2018 / 11:37 pm

I am not fond of sushi but my daughter and husband loves it. They would like this place for sure.

4. September 8, 2018 / 11:01 pm

This looks like the place for me! It has been a minute since I have had some good sushi!

5. September 8, 2018 / 3:36 pm

Oh my goodness, all of that food looks incredible. I need to just be brave and try sushi because I’m certain I’d like it if I’d just try it.

6. September 8, 2018 / 11:01 am

Okay, my mouth is officially watering. I am a huge sushi fan and I would love to munch on everything you ordered.

7. September 8, 2018 / 3:41 am

This looks like a great place to go, all of the food sounds amazing! My husband loves sushi and I know he would have a hard time choosing what to get off of the menu. It all looks so god!

8. September 8, 2018 / 1:07 am

I love sushi and the photos you shared highlights the best this restaurant offers. The sparkling sake looked like the perfect accompaniment to your meal.

9. September 8, 2018 / 12:10 am

Going out for sushi is so much fun. Loved all the varieties they offer they all looked fresh and tasty. Bookmarking for a later visit.

10. September 7, 2018 / 11:10 pm

You had me at sushi because I can truly never get enough. Everything looks delicious and I love the idea of indulging in three mini desserts. Yum!

11. NYC Single Mom
    September 7, 2018 / 8:01 pm

I love love sushi and everything looks delightful. You are making me want to eat it tonight!!

12. September 7, 2018 / 5:56 pm

This restaurant looks like a unique and upscale dining experience. Any sushi lover would love this place.

13. Mary Edwards
    September 7, 2018 / 5:47 pm

I sure hope our Westgate opens one of these restaurants. I LOVE sushi and always try a new roll when eating at a sushi restaurant.

14. September 7, 2018 / 3:45 pm

Your lunch looks amazing. I would love this! Is Westgate a resort? We have Westgates all over the US and they always have great food!

15. September 7, 2018 / 2:47 pm

I think sushi looks beautiful, the plates are always so colorful, I just wish i enjoyed the taste. Our daughter loves it and goes out for sushi often. It’s just not for me.

16. September 7, 2018 / 2:13 pm

You don’t have to sell me on sushi but those pictures were so appetizing and the fish looked so fresh. I would love to find a restaurant like this here in the US.

17. September 7, 2018 / 1:26 pm

This looks like a relaxing place to have lunch. My husband and daughter love sushi, so they’d be all about this place. I might try some, but the last sushi I tried I wasn’t a fan of, so I’d try a non-sushi item.

18. candy
    September 7, 2018 / 1:11 pm

We don’t have a bunch of good sushi restaurants around where we live. My husband and son loves this type of food and would love to go there to enjoy a meal.

19. September 7, 2018 / 12:03 pm

The sushi looks amazing and I’m getting hungry looking at the photos. Lunch with friends is always nice, especially when dining at a restaurant like this. I’d love to try it!