• Valentine’s Day Gifts for Travel Lovers

As a frequent traveller, I know a thing or two about the perfect Valentines Day Gifts for Travel Lovers, gifts that are essential. Globetrotters are one of the easiest groups to shop for, thing travel related and useful and we are sorted. When I started putting together Valentine’s Day Gifts for Travel Lovers, I had to think of what I found useful to have on trips.

As fun as travelling is most times, it can only continue to stay that way with the right tools. Just because its Valentine’s Day themed gift guide, it doesn’t mean the perfect Valentines Day Gifts for Travel Lovers should be lovey-dovey. Gifts regardless of the occasion not only have to be meaningful but useful too for the receiver.

Valentines Day Gifts for Travel Lovers

Gifts like chocolates are universally accepted but for travel lovers, we need a little bit more in the usefulness of the gifts. Hence why I have put together Valentine’s Day Gifts for Travel Lovers from a travellers point of view. Our hope is this article will provide useful ideas of items to give a traveller lover, something they can actually use.

Valentines Day Gifts for Travel Lovers

I have always thought Valentines Day is an over commercialised special day and often I rather celebrate Galentines instead. But that is not to say it is all bad, it has some good parts too. In this article we will share some of the good parts of Valentines Day in terms of buying gifts for travel lovers.

Winter Coat

A winter coat is one useful gift that you can gift a travel lover as its useful for more than one occasion. Whenever I buy gifts, I always look at practicality and usefulness to the recipient.

Passport Cover

Such an essential item for travellers all over the world, I love map personalised covers as they look absolutely cute. For couples, you can buy personalised matching passport covers.

Quick Drying Travel Towel

I didn’t know how much I needed this until I actually got one and made use of it on all my trips. This is an essential item especially for all the backpacks to have.

Travel Neck Support Pillow

Over the last couple of globetrotting years, I have invested in a neck pillow that supports my neck. There is nothing like having a bad neck ache from sleeping wrong on the plane.

Valentines Day Gifts for Travel Lovers

Travel Backpack

I am team carry on and backpacks are my favourite types of language, not only are they easy to pack but carry too. Almost all backpacks are accepted as carry on luggage by all airlines.

Luggage Tags

Luggage tags are not only useful for all travel escapes but an essential item to have. There has been many a time I have confused my luggage with another travellers bags.

World Map – Scratch off or Personalised

There is nothing more satisfying that scratching off places that I have visited across the world. I think personalised maps also make for the best gifts for travellers.

Headphones & Splitter

Travelling as a couple is always nice and nothing more romantic than sharing headphones. We always travel with a headphone splitter so we can watch or listen to the same things.

Valentines Day Gifts for Travel Lovers

Travel Journal

For all the journal lovers, a travel journal is the best gift one can give. There is nothing like documenting the places you’ve visited plus sticking in any travel memorabilia to remember the trip by.

Personalised Piggy Bank

As much as most of us love to travel, money doesn’t grow on trees, saving money is required. Most of us travel lovers have a dedicated travel piggy bank for all our travel needs.

Lonely Planet Travel Book

A few years ago for my birthday, friends gifted me a lonely planet ultimate travel guide. I think it is one of the best presents to gift a globetrotter, a guide that serves as an inspiration for the next destination.

Laundry Bags

Whenever I travel for longer than a week, I always pack laundry bags to separate dirty clothes. They are also a nice way to pack items in suitcases as a separator.

Valentines Day Gifts for Travel Lovers

Portable Straightener

Though I rarely straighten my hair, I have found portable blow drys and straighteners make for the best gifts. The most compact the item the better as it can fit snuggly into a backpack.

Fitbit

Travelling more often than not requires a lot of walking and what better way to track your steps than wearing a fit-bit. I have found that when I travel I work to more places than when I am home.

Travel Mug

Another essential item that I never go without and makes for the perfect gift is a travel mug. Especially those that can maintain the temperature of any drink.

These are some of the items that make the best Valentine’s Day Gifts for Travel Lovers. What other gifts do you think would make the perfect gifts for travel lovers?

Valentines Day Gifts for Travel Lovers

1. February 13, 2019 / 8:51 am

I always think either a personalised passport cover or a luxury one is a great gift for someone x

2. February 12, 2019 / 2:57 pm

So many fab travel gift ideas. For me it is all about the neck pillar, they are a saviour xx

3. February 12, 2019 / 12:43 pm

These are all lovely (and useful) ideas! I love using a cute passport cover, and should definitely get a travel journal!
      Emily

4. February 12, 2019 / 10:02 am

I have a quick drying travel towel and it was very useful when I went to Iceland with the spray from the waterfalls. A travel mug is a great idea, we like road trips and taking a travel mug when driving can save you money

5. February 11, 2019 / 7:10 pm

Yes, I would love all of these! I love writing a journal but haven’t done that for ages as it’s always online but I’d love to write one again.

6. February 11, 2019 / 2:00 pm

Portable straighteners sound ideal for slipping in your weekend bag.

7. February 5, 2019 / 12:37 pm

These are such excellent gift ideas! I never knew quick drying towels were a thing, but I definitely need to get one.

8. February 4, 2019 / 4:16 pm

I am a traveler, and I would love all of these ideas. But sadly I don’t have a partner at the moment at the moment, and most of my friends are coupled up – so I’ll be spending Valentine’s Day alone this year 😦 x

9. February 2, 2019 / 9:56 pm

100% on board with your list! I desperately need a passport cover and would love someone forever if they got me one 🙂

10. February 2, 2019 / 9:59 am

Some great travel present ideas, I think a passport holder and luggage tags are great ideas as they’re nice things to keep x

11. January 30, 2019 / 10:41 am

This is a great selection of Valentine’s day gifts! The passport covers especially, I think.

12. January 25, 2019 / 10:15 pm

Oh wow its Valentines day soon!! January has flown by so it went completely out of my mind. thanks for the reminder and great gift ideas,

13. January 25, 2019 / 5:11 pm

What a fab gift guide! I keep meaning to get a travel journal to log our travels, its not so easy to whip out the laptop and write them down!

14. January 25, 2019 / 1:08 pm

Love these ideas – I think i’m going to get my other half a scratch off map so we can see all the places we have been together x

15. January 24, 2019 / 10:07 pm

Love these ideas! Particularly the scratchable map which is firmly on my wish list:)

16. January 24, 2019 / 9:11 pm

I am such a fan of the quick drying towels, you can use them whilst travelling but great for going swimming at home too. Great ideas here

17. January 24, 2019 / 1:40 pm

Those are certainly some great gift ideas for Travel lovers. I don’t get to travel like I want to but some of these I want myself. They come in handy. Nice list!

18. January 23, 2019 / 6:47 pm

Lovely ideas that can be used too. I’m interested in your back pack thoughts. I’m off on three flights on one day and I thought having just carry on would benefit my chances of making all my connections. What size do you think I can get away with and what in your opinion is good?

19. January 23, 2019 / 6:17 pm

So many great ideas here. I usually get my husband tickets for Hidden London tours which let you see hidden and forgotten parts of the underground. Nice to get him something that lets us spend a weekend away together.

20. January 23, 2019 / 5:55 pm

Theae are some great gift suggestions. I love the idea of a travel journal to plan and log advebtures! X

21. January 23, 2019 / 5:26 pm

All these ideas would come in so useful and make lovely gifts. I would love some new passport covers and luggage tags. I will have to look at some of the links.

22. January 23, 2019 / 2:59 pm

Oo lots of lovely ideas here! I would love to receive a travel journal for Valentine’s Day 🙂