• 15 Simple Ways to Achieve Goals | February 2019

Goal setting is all about identifying things that need to be accomplished whilst setting measurable goals and adding timeframes. In order to accomplish goals, a plan is required and we’ve compiled 15 simple ways to achieve goals. Goals by nature are meant to be challenging but are also a measure of personal development.

Setting achievable goals is more than just writing down a list of things you want to achieve in whatever period. Whenever achievable goals are set, there are certain things that need to be done consistently. When goals are accomplished, there is a certain level of personal satisfaction that is felt. In this article, we’ve compiled there 15 simple ways to achieve goals.

Goal setting is all about identifying things that need to be accomplished whilst setting measurable goals and adding timeframes. In order to accomplish goals, a plan is required and we've compiled 15 simple ways to achieve goals. Goals by nature are meant to be challenging but are also a measure of personal development.

15 Simple Ways to Achieve Goals

Goal setting isn’t all about writing down goals and holding oneself accountable but rather inspiration for the future. When we set goals we fuel our ambition and allows us to believe in ourself more. These 15 simple ways to achieve goals should be used as a guide to accomplish goals.

1. Make a list

The first step in achieving goals is making a list of goals after deciding what needs to be accomplished. I set goals on a monthly basis and therefore write a list of goals monthly. It pays to review the previous goals and think of what I want to accomplish monthly.

2. Create a plan of action

Jotting down a list of goals is all well and good but you need a plan of action on how you will accomplish the goals. Will you be allocating time weekly or even monthly to work specification on the goals? Or are the goals you’ve set part of your daily routine and won’t require a deviation?

3. Eliminate bad habits

We all naturally have bad habits, it is what makes us different from the next person. One of my many bad habits is checking my phone instead of focusing on my work at hand. Social media is my achilles heels but I have downloaded apps that block me from accessing them often.

4. Self Discipline

Self discipline is such an important skill to own as this is useful in all walks of life. I often work from home and I could easily sit there and just binge watch my favourite programs. But because I have self discipline, I focus on my work and watch TV only during break times. It is the same with goals, have the self discipline to focus on what you need to achieve.

5. Wake up early

One of the things I have found effective in helping me accomplish my goals is waking up early. I started the day at 6 in the morning and review my goals and tweak the plans. Early in the morning its a great time the set new plans for the day.

6. Make the most of weekends

Working in the corporate world, I am fortunate to only work weekdays, making weekends my only time to relax. Weekends are often the time I spend writing articles for the blog and planning content. There also a great time to go over the goals and formulate new stratagies.

7. Set daily tasks

Regardless of whether your goals are monthly, quarterly or yearly, daily tasks are essential. This is one way you can work on your goals and improve other areas of your life. I set daily tasks that should be completed on that day and weekly goals.

8. Avoid procrastination

I am a procrastinator by nature and too often a day dreamer (hence the name of the blog). When it comes to accomplishing goals, procrastination is your worst enemy and robs you of your precious time. To overcome procrastination by committing to a task and time the task. I set an hour for reviewing my inbox and replying to client emails. In that allocated time I don’t do anything else other than that task and if I finish early, I review the plan.

9. Avoid distractions

Self discipline and avoiding distractions work hand in hand, with self discipline comes maturity. When I started working from home I used to struggle greatly as so many things distracted me. From moving a favourite movie on TV, making lunch, the postman, pretty much everything distracted me. I started wearing headphones to stop the distractions and allocating time for tasks helped too.

10. Manage your time

Being able to manage your time in any situation is another great life skill to possess. I learned this whilst I was at university when I had a million and one tasks to do whilst working and maintaining a social life. It can be pretty daunting but again self discipline plays a big wrong in how you manage your time.

11. Learn from failure

The fact that I am able to write these 15 simple ways to achieve goals is an indication that I learned from my failure. Failure is not always a bad thing but something that we should learn from for the future. As upsetting as failure is, it is the greatest teach of all time.

12. Find daily inspiration

This can be quite challenging at times but I find daily inspiration in simple things in life. Waking up early in the morning, going for a run and watching the world go by gives me inspiration. For others it could be reading affirmations every day can be a source of inspiration.

13. Set deadlines

I am a to-do list orientated person and a sucker for deadlines, I hate missing deadlines. In my personal life, I work hard to ensure I accomplish tasks way before the deadline. Allocating time to tasks and prioritising is a great way to meet deadlines.

14. Track your progress

One of the most important thing about goal setting is tracking your progress at your chosen frequency. I often share monthly goals, I therefore check my progress almost weekly. This is important because it always me to see how far along have come since I set the goals. For the yearly goals I check monthly and review quarterly on the blog.

15. Reward your success

Like most corporate companies, I believe in rewarding hard work and successes. It is not only a great incentive but is a great way to track your progress. If something has been done right, it should be rewarded to ensure continued success.

Goal setting is very important because it builds self-sufficiency and aids self-development. When you don’t have the desire to accomplish goals, this can be the stumbling block that stops you from achieveing your goals. WE do hope these 15 simple ways to achieve goals will be useful as you work on your personal goals.

1. February 15, 2019 / 3:04 pm

Yes to all of these! Although I do need to be more disciplined myself. I’m dreadful for slacking off. Oops!

Louise x

2. February 15, 2019 / 1:35 pm

These are such good tips, I know I need to be more organise and make more clear and doable lists and also wake up earlier – these would really help

Laura x

3. February 14, 2019 / 10:12 pm

Oh these are super helpful tips. I sometimes find myself drifting away from what I need to get done. Will definitely keep this in mind.

4. February 14, 2019 / 6:54 pm

Making goals small and achievable is so much easier as they can seem insurmountable otherwise

5. Beth
      February 14, 2019 / 5:37 pm

I don’t write lists nearly as often as I should. These are some great suggestions to help stay on track and accomplish goals.

6. Catalina
      February 14, 2019 / 3:37 pm

These are simple but very important ways! Tracking progress is my weak point. I should work more on it!

7. February 14, 2019 / 1:29 pm

Such great tips! For me, making a list is a must so I won’t forget a thing. But I must admit, I need to work on my procrastination because I tend to procrastinate sometimes.

8. February 14, 2019 / 4:18 am

I’ve been working on a number of these things actually! It’s hard to juggle everything, but I know what my goals are and I won’t stop until I achieve them.

9. February 14, 2019 / 3:26 am

Action plan, wake up early and stay on the task is most important to achieve the goals.

10. Pam
      February 14, 2019 / 2:58 am

One of my bad habits is being really distractable. I really need to work on that to be more productive.

11. February 14, 2019 / 2:43 am

Breaking goals down into steps puts a plan in place for success. These are great tips for goal setting! Thanks for sharing this.

12. February 14, 2019 / 2:19 am

Love these simple but powerful ways to achieve my goals. Cannot wait to put a few into practice immediately!

13. February 13, 2019 / 11:37 pm

Oh these are awesome things to remind ourselves of. I definitely benefit from a setting a strict schedule and daily routines.

14. February 13, 2019 / 10:55 pm

These are all excellent suggestions! I find that writing my goals down and sharing them with others helps me stay accountable and makes me want to go the extra mile to accomplish them.

15. February 13, 2019 / 10:49 pm

These are awesome tips. Waking up early for me has allowed me to get so much done. Especially, while everyone is still sleeping.

16. February 13, 2019 / 9:14 pm

Creating a list is great idea. I also try to tell other people so I feel accountable to my goals.

17. Melanie
      February 13, 2019 / 8:34 pm

Top tips here! Waking up early is a good one. Also no distractions is key xx

18. Melanie
      February 13, 2019 / 4:59 pm

Eliminating distractions is always a key factor for me. I try to avoid social media when not working on it or else I get lost in the Facebook vortex.

19. February 13, 2019 / 3:37 pm

These are some great ideas to help people get on track with achieving their goals. Sometimes I think it can be hard to make the time and keep up with them.

20. February 13, 2019 / 2:43 pm

Thank you for this post as I keep failing at the Goals I have sat for this year and I believe its time to set down and reexamine everything before moving forward.

21. February 13, 2019 / 2:08 pm

I have the “wake up early” portion of this list LOL. It is definitely hard to get past bad habits! I have many things I want to accomplish this month so I should probably make a list.

22. February 13, 2019 / 1:01 pm

I do a lot of these. Minus waking up early. Pass. I need proper sleep to function. Granted, I am up by 615 during the week to get my kids to school, but then I crash for an hour.

23. candy
      February 13, 2019 / 8:57 am

Setting goals is important in life and learning how to accomplish those goals is a life skill. Without a working plan how are we suppose to even begin to accomplish that goal we wrote down.

24. February 12, 2019 / 8:34 pm

I am the same as you working corporately during the week and getting all the blog bits done at the weekend. Some weekends are more successful than others! I will try putting some of these tips in place to see if I can get more successful ones!

25. February 12, 2019 / 5:14 pm

This is a great post and the tips here are so easy to follow. Sometimes it’s the simple things we forget. Definitely need to work on goal setting now

26. February 12, 2019 / 2:39 pm

That’s such a brilliant list of tips. Just like you, I never start my day without a to-do list. I tend to write it the night before so I can be productive from the word go 🙂

27. February 12, 2019 / 9:27 am

This is a great post. While I use some of the tips you mention I am a huge procrastinator and often get side tracked. Distraction is my biggest weakness. I’m current ly rwading a book about becoming more productive which I’m hoping will help.

28. February 11, 2019 / 9:54 pm

We always make lists but our problem is the distraction of social media! As a blogger it can be hard to switch off and concentrate on the task at hand! Great suggestions x

29. February 11, 2019 / 6:37 pm

I think goals should be smart, specific, measurable, achievable, real and timely. I was slightly disappointed from the picture at the top not to find a post about valentine’s puddings but I suppose that could be one of the rewards.

30. Helen
      February 11, 2019 / 5:23 pm

I love a good list and setting a deadline is such a good idea! I feel inspired to get organised 🙂

31. February 11, 2019 / 1:09 pm

Such an inspiring post. I find it best to work in the evenings when there are no distractions. Kids are in bed and fewer emails and messages coming in.

32. MELANIE EDJOURIAN
      February 11, 2019 / 12:34 pm

I’m struggling to get back into work this year and need to stop checking my phone. It’s such a bad habit and very distracting too!

33. Wendy
      February 7, 2019 / 7:57 pm

This is so helpful and I know from experience how doing these things really does help you achieve what you want to. I am the worst at procrastinating though and definitely need to work on that!!xx

34. February 6, 2019 / 8:43 am

Great tips and I needed this right now as I’m procrastinating over a lot of things and wondering why I’m not moving forward!

35. February 5, 2019 / 10:32 pm

Some great advice here! Procrastination and distraction are my biggest enemies, I think. That and having kids, lol. Makes it difficult to make the most of weekends. I think weekends I have the least time, as I’m on duty 24/7. During the week, I make the most of my lunch break at work to get things done.

• Miranda
        Author
        February 6, 2019 / 7:07 am

Thank you and you’ve assessed what works for you and should make full use of that.

36. February 5, 2019 / 7:31 pm

I think self discipline and making lists are the best way to go. Just little things that I can tick off each month.

37. February 5, 2019 / 6:12 pm

These are all great tips. I have a goal for the year, and I am in the middle of putting it all into a blog post to make me more accountable. Once you have told people you are going to do it you are more likely to I think!

38. February 5, 2019 / 2:06 pm

Some great tips here goal setting and following through does take a lot of discipline and building in some rewards is a great way to support yourself in that.

39. February 5, 2019 / 9:36 am

Great list this and it’s making the list (like you’ve mentioned above!) this is key for me I find in terms of getting things done!

40. February 5, 2019 / 9:10 am

I think the last one is one of the most important points. We are not very good at rewarding our successes and I think it can help so much with our self care 🙂