Valentines Gift Ideas

EI remember my first boyfriend and my first valentines day like it was yesterday, me dressed in red  & him with red roses, beautiful card and heart shaped chocolates. We didn’t go on a date per say it was kind of gift exchange type of date as I was only 12 or 13, I had written him a card and decorated my heart out ..aaah the good ol’ days of hand written letters.. nostalgia moment right there.

Things have moved on since then, nowadays we are at an advantage with so many options to choose from. We can go naughty or simple good old fashioned dinner date or what I like to call the ‘up and coming eat at home kinda date‘. Call me old fashioned but I do love the idea of a loved one cooking for me instead of spending money (though I am not averse to it). It’s more personal and more romantic I think if your partner or yourself cook a meal (even together), set the table and enjoy yourselves. Valentines like other celebrated holidays we give gifts of sorts and today I wanted to share with you some gift ideas for your partner and also one or two for yourself (yes I give myself gifts too).

Flowers – Flowers are a must for Valentines, your lady friend, mamma or auntie will appreciate these big time.

Teleflora - Arrive In Style

Teleflora – Arrive In Style – $38.66, 14.95 shipping – Available at FlowerShopping.com

A Spa Experience Gift Basket – I love spa baskets, you can never go wrong with these especially with busy mamma’s who would love to just have a few minutes to themselves and indulge.

Luxury Spa Experience Gift Basket

Hydro? Luxury Spa Experience Gift Basket – $29.95, See Site shipping – Available at GiftTree.com

Chocolates (Artisan Truffle Box) ~ I love chocolates big time for me it doesnt even have to be Valentines but for some reason they always taste better on Valentines just like my mamma’s christmas chicken tastes better than chickens she cooks throughout the year.

GourmetGiftBaskets.com - Artisan Truffle Box - Hand Dipped 18 pieces 13.5 oz.

Personalised Gifts ~ Jewellery

Nothing says I love you, appreciate you than personalised gifts. Call me crazy but I live for personalised gifts, they somehow have a way or warming my heart and break through any ice.

Infinity Love Ring

Infinity Love Ring

Heart Locket

PicturesOnGold - Sterling Silver Always In My Heart Heart Locket

Personalized Sentiment Bracelet

Personal Creations - Personalized Friend Sentiment Bracelet - Friendship Gift
Naughty (but fun) Gifts

DSCF2460Toxicfox is an online store that sells the best valentines gifts, both cute/naughty and the cheesy & fun ones. I was happy when Toxicfox sent me some cute valentines gifts which I can not stop staring at. The items are from the cheesy & funny selection and they really are cheesy & funny.

DSCF2482 DSCF2476Naughty Weekender Kit (Sexy Fun All Weekend long) £9.99 ~ I am keeping this one for Valentines day but wanted to share the contents.

Spend a whole weekend getting up to all sorts of naughty mischief with your partner and this sexy kit.

• Includes massage oil, candy and a sexy spinner game!

DSCF2472 DSCF2468Make Mine A Double (Lip balms) £3.99 ~ I am so in love with these lip balms so far the Cherry Brandy is my favourite, isn’t the name just the cutest & naughty? When I first saw them I thought maybe just maybe they have some dirty martinis inside but nope am not that lucky. Duo pack of rejuvenating lip balm flavoured after the tastiest beverages known to womankind.

• Twin pack of Cherry Brandy and Gin & Tonic flavoured lip balm.

DSCF2467 DSCF2465Three Eye Masks (Private Time, Not Tonight & lashes) £7.99 ~ I laughed so hard when I saw these eye masks, they are just the cutest on the market. Check out the inscription on each even the lashes speak volume. Send him the message without ever saying a word!

• Pack of 3 gorgeous eye masks
• When you’re not in the mood – or just being a tease!
• Elegant, sexy designs.

The lovely people at Toxicfox are offering A July Dreamer readers offer 10% off voucher code – TFLove. This will work until the 15th of Feb and works on all valentine’s day categories (apart from 3 For 2 as this is already an offer).

myrabev-signature

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links provided by Postpresso. I was sent the items from Toxicfox to help facilitate this review, no other forms of compensation were received.Regardless, all opinions expressed in this post are my own and I was not required to write a positive review but an honest one.

1. Ayana Pitterson
    February 2, 2015 / 5:54 pm

Great ideas here! The spa experience, I AM ALLLLL about! I am not a big V-Day person, but won’t mind these as some surprise gifts throughout the year.

Thrifting Diva

2. February 2, 2015 / 1:44 am

I am all about the classic flowers and chocolate!

3. February 2, 2015 / 1:04 am

I like this list! However, I am totally anti-valentines day. I just feel like for me, I’d rather feel my husband’s love all the time, than have him force it on a holiday. That being said, when he does surprise me with flowers that day, I have to get all giddy, it’s a must. I LOVE FLOWERS. HA!

4. February 1, 2015 / 11:23 pm

I hardly ever get anything for V-Day just because we don’t do much for it. I do think however that I would really like a gift or two haha. I truly think that all gifts are good gifts and “most” men put a good amount of thought into it.

5. Michelle Hwee
    January 30, 2015 / 2:14 am

This is a great list of V-Day gifts! It really is just around the corner! In just about 2 weeks, it’ll be over before we know it! This is a great list of gift ideas. I love that it is a great variety and that they all have different prices which is great. Thanks for sharing this, reminds me to get a move on and order my gift for my mom already!

• January 30, 2015 / 12:10 pm

Thanks Michelle appreciate that.

6. Anita
    January 29, 2015 / 6:42 am

Great list to get in the Valentine’s mood! I sure would love that ring…

7. January 28, 2015 / 8:00 pm

I love how you showed many different ideas for different types of people. I love the necklace.

• January 30, 2015 / 12:09 pm

Thanks Ashley, wanted to give my readers options

8. January 28, 2015 / 6:20 pm

My husband and I definitely go the homemade at home route. He has done things like hide kid valentines all throughout my stuff so I would find them as the year went on, a jar full of piece of paper with the reasons he loves me, homemade paper flowers…the list goes on and on!

• January 28, 2015 / 7:13 pm

He sounds like a keeper hun I can only dream of such lol. Thanks for sharing and I too love the homemade meal more

9. ahealthier fitterme
    January 28, 2015 / 5:44 pm

Funny, hubby and I do not make a big fuss about Valentines day.. I have made him coupons for the last 2 years that I secretly hide so that he does not use them lol

• January 28, 2015 / 7:10 pm

hahaha you are crazy why hide them but hun i think whatever works for you both is the right thing to do.

10. January 28, 2015 / 6:26 am

These are such cute gift ideas for V-day!! I also love when my husband cooks for me…it just takes off so much stress!! I’m going to suggest to him that he get me a spa gift basket this year…I like that idea!

• January 28, 2015 / 6:50 am

I think it is so romantic having a home cooked meal and definitely suggest the spa day just to relax and enjoy some me time