{Travel} 5 Essential Travel items for a Blogger

When I shared the post on 10 things to carry in your hand luggage I got quite good feedback. Many of the bloggers even managed to pin my post for the future. I have quite a lot of travels planned in the next couple months. My first trip abroad this year will be flying to Seoul, south korea next week to visit a friend. I am pretty excited, this will be my first time in South Korea and overall in an Asian country. My aim is to visit each continent at least once in my life, so Seoul pretty much ticks Asia off.

5 Blogger

I travel a lot over the weekends mostly to see my parents, visit friends and attend blog conferences. I am sure every blogger will agree with me when I say every travel I make whether a couple hours or days/weeks/months I always walking/travelling with my blogger hat on. Thinking maybe this would be nice to share with my readers or maybe I want to record this for my own accord etc. So it’s important for me to carry around certain essential items.

ajulydreamer.com (3)

At any point in time, you will find the following in my bag:

Phone

Both my personal and work mobile phones are always on me more than my wallet and keys. I need my work phone for obvious reasons but on weekends for the awesome iphone apps I have installed. My personal mobile for everything really including uploading pictures to instagram and/or Facebook/Twitter. I also use my phone for notes but this is rare as I love writing my blog ideas down.

Headphones

The other day I went into the newly opened Didcot Lidl and it was very busy place, I did my food shopping and when it came to pay I took my headphones off. OMG was I glad I had them on when I entered the store, it was so loud, so many kids running around and screaming some poor mummies trying to control them and nothing worked. I love my headphones big time, not only for what have described above but for travelling as well because sometimes I struggle to sleep so playing classical music helps.

Powerbank

Even before I was given the chance to review the power by I used to walk with Boo’s powerbank in my bag. It is such a life saver, most of the smart phones these days die faster than back in the day but then again back in the day we never trolled the internet like we do now and remember the nokia brick that never died no matter what?

Camera

I am yet to meet a blogger who doesn’t either walk around with a camera or has no camera on their phone. Though I do not carry this camera daily since both my mobiles have good enough cameras I do take it with me when I am going away for longer than a day or for my trips abroad.

Ipad/Laptop

For almost a year I used to use my ipad to blog and yes it was hard typing up posts and still is for when I do it. I bought an ipad extension keyboard but the connector broke after a few uses and I went back to just ipad screen keyboard. I have since bought a chromebook which is more or less an ipad with keyboard attached but nonetheless I always walk around with either my ipad or my chromebook mostly for movies than blogging if I am honest.

Another item that I always walk around with is;

Notebook – I always walk around with my notebook for taking notes and jotting down blog ideas. The current notebook has more about what I want/need for my first apartment than blogging ideas.

These are some of the items I like to travel with, what are some of yours?

Do you like to blog on the go?

1. April 24, 2015 / 1:48 pm

I usually work on the go so it is important for me to have my blogging essentials. Fortunatley I have a convertible laptop (both a laptop and a tablet) and I store my stuff in a personal cloud. This really helps me out so I don’t bring too many heavy things!

• April 24, 2015 / 11:31 pm

I want such a product laptop/tablet would be awesome.

2. femmefrugality
    April 24, 2015 / 4:25 am

I try to have my notebook on me, but in a pinch I’ll email post ideas to myself!

• April 24, 2015 / 11:31 pm

I love that idea of posting to yourself, pretty cool

3. April 24, 2015 / 12:00 am

This is a great list of travel essentials, blogger or not! 🙂

Thanks for linking up with the Saturday Spotlight!

4. Fi Ni Neachtain
    April 23, 2015 / 1:41 pm

These are always my essentials when traveling. I really need to invest in a powerbank though because my camera battery and phone battery are always going flat, I use them too much! I can’t wait to get packing this stuff for summer holidays 🙂

• April 23, 2015 / 3:58 pm

I hate it when my phone and camera both died at the same time, having the power bank has been a life saver.

5. Jennifer Juro
    April 23, 2015 / 5:29 am

This is pretty much my list for traveling. I have recently fallen in love with the travel battery packs to charge up your phone when you are on the go.
    I also carry around a note book and notecards its great for taking notes
    when an idea hits you.

• April 23, 2015 / 1:18 pm

Charging packs are life savers so are note cards/pads.

6. Kim Propp
    April 23, 2015 / 3:52 am

All of these items are really important when we having travel, I’m so glad that you hared it thank you for this post I had a great time to read this. This post is really helpful.

• April 23, 2015 / 5:18 am

I am glad to hear that Kim and you welcome.

7. April 23, 2015 / 3:49 am

These are SUCH essentials for a blogger. I know that when my power for phone or tablet is out, I am thankful always for my thankful for my power bank. Sadly I use my phone for everything it seems, so it being dead gives me anxiety. lol

• April 23, 2015 / 5:18 am

Awww bless, power banks are life savers always charge them before travel lol

8. Carly Anderson
    April 23, 2015 / 2:08 am

I cannot agree more with all of these items! Especially the phone – I use it for a lot of my photos when I’m out and about.

• April 23, 2015 / 5:17 am

Thanks Carly, Phone definitely number one

9. April 22, 2015 / 11:15 pm

A phone is a must for me. I’m always snapping pictures with it when I’m out and about.

10. April 22, 2015 / 10:36 pm

I have never heard of powerbank before–it sounds fantastic! I tend to take a TON of photos while traveling and will call home a ton (especially if my boys aren’t traveling with us) and my phone battery dies so incredibly quickly. Thanks for sharing these great ideas!

Amanda

• April 23, 2015 / 5:16 am

You welcome, you can check out my review of the powerbank its an awesome investment.

11. tyra
    April 22, 2015 / 10:00 pm

These things are so true. I always keep a little notebook on me. I need to look into a better set of headphones and also that power bank. That is a good call, for sure!

12. April 22, 2015 / 6:41 pm

Right now it’s just my phone, lol. If I’m going somewhere specific to blog, like a coffee shop or something, I’ll bring my laptop, notebook, and calendar/planner.

• April 23, 2015 / 5:15 am

I think a smart phone is enough as with so many apps you can have it all on one

13. chubskulit
    April 22, 2015 / 6:39 pm

Great tips. One thing that I will never forget to bring when I travel is the camera, pen, and notebook. MY HUSBAnd laugh at me whenever I forget to bring the key but never forget the camera.

• April 23, 2015 / 5:15 am

Hahaha well I am in the same boat, definitely would forget my keys but not my blogging essentials lol

14. April 22, 2015 / 6:08 pm

I loving having a powerbank/back-up battery with me when I travel. I hardly ever have to use it but the peace of mind is great. Sometimes I leave my laptop at home and just take my Kindle with me. It depends on the type of trip and how long I’ll be gone. I like to unplug a little but I love to read when I travel so the Kindle usually has to come with me.

• April 23, 2015 / 5:14 am

I think the knowledge that you have the power bank is enough for me even if I do not have to use it which is a bonus. Instead of carrying my kindle I carry the ipad since it has the kindle app for when I want to do some reading.

• April 23, 2015 / 5:11 am

Thanks Ashleigh, definitely linking up and glad I could help

15. Cindy
    April 22, 2015 / 4:50 pm

Those are some great items. I am a blogger and I would totally agree! Those 5 are certainly essential. I do some traveling as a blogger as well and I would need those to survive! The most important would be my phone!

16. April 22, 2015 / 4:31 pm

I take all of these with me when I travel too. Even when I travel for pleasure, it seems I’m always finding something on the trip to write about when I get home.

• April 23, 2015 / 5:10 am

I know right, that’s why I always carry them with me

17. April 22, 2015 / 3:50 pm

I agree with all of this. I took most of this stuff with me when I went to Maui!

18. Jessica Gardner
    April 22, 2015 / 3:46 pm

1000000% agree with all this!!! I hate when I forget my headphones though.. it is the worst!!

• April 23, 2015 / 5:09 am

Same here, not a fan is walking around without headphones

19. April 22, 2015 / 3:46 pm

This is a great list! I don’t do a whole lot of blogging on the go, but in July I’m heading to the Philippines and I’m hoping to blog while there (and it get my through the flight haha). I so needed to read this.

• April 23, 2015 / 5:09 am

You welcome, I try to blog when I can so I always carry this things with me as I am not sure when inspiration will strike

20. Brook Devis
    April 22, 2015 / 3:41 pm

i am absolutly agree with these 5 items you talk about.these are necessary for every blogger. either i have to say i hate bringing my laptop with my some times. but what to do. soon am thnking to buy a ipad.it would be ore easy to keep

• April 23, 2015 / 5:08 am

Ipad definitely makes moving about easier especially if you have a big laptop

21. Valerie Hansen
    April 22, 2015 / 3:14 pm

This is a great post! I am going on a trip to Hawaii, and trying to figure out what to to bring to keep my blog going while gone. How do you like the chromebook? I have an older Ipad and laptop that acts up, so I need to invest in something new, but afraid to give up the laptop, I cant afford to buy both…a chromebook sounds good!

• April 23, 2015 / 5:08 am

I absolutely love my chromebook and it really does the job for what I need it for

22. Shirley Wood
    April 22, 2015 / 2:29 pm

The camera on my phone is such a blessing when traveling. On occasion I carry the ‘big camera’ but when enjoying a nice ‘vacation location’ I prefer to just use my camera phone so I won’t be so encumbered. I wouldn’t dare travel without my laptop, that is for certain! My Samsung Galaxy can go for several days without needed to be charged if I turn off all notifications which I prefer to do. It charges up very quickly as well. It’d be a real tragedy to have my phone battery die while traveling!

• April 23, 2015 / 5:07 am

It’s just amazing when our phone camera’s do awesome jobs otherwise it’s big camera around the neck all day long

23. courtneylynne
    April 22, 2015 / 1:39 pm

Omg these really are so essential!!! I have forgotten my headphones before and ended up having to buy expensive gift shop ones that were dollar store quality… Totally sucked!

• April 23, 2015 / 5:07 am

That is one thing I hate because it has happened to me on more than one occasion so no more

24. Ashley Chase
    April 22, 2015 / 1:26 pm

These are all very essential! I take my phone headphones and ipad everywhere!

• April 23, 2015 / 5:06 am

I always have to have my headphones just makes life so much easier

25. April 22, 2015 / 12:16 pm

this is what i need at home , my essentials for evryday too x

26. April 22, 2015 / 12:05 pm

Funny you post this! I’m actually getting on an air plane in 3 hours and I packed the majority of what you listed there. Got my phone (which doubles as my camera) a set of noise cancelling head phones and my iPad which doubles as a notebook 🙂

• April 23, 2015 / 5:05 am

I hope you going somewhere nice and have fun. I need to start using my ipad/iphone for notes too but love writing them down more lol

27. April 22, 2015 / 12:02 pm

I’ve never blogged on the go to be honest; most I did is to share pictures via social media… I need peace and quiet to write

• April 23, 2015 / 5:04 am

I have always blogged on the goal, I find it more fun otherwise I get bored easily