{Beauty} 5 Step Morning Face Routine

Last week I woke up with a huge spot on my nose, still got remnants of it now, it took me back to last month just a week before my brother’s wedding when spots started popping all over my face with no explanation. I thought someone was against me, I was not having the small spots that blend into your face no my luck gave me the huge ones that have a life of their own. For my brother’s wedding I was fortunate enough to have one that was very big and very present spot on my cheek.

I have been using different products for over a year and half now and I have always mentioned how I have back-up face products which is the Simple skincare range. I also mentioned that when I am trying out new products I always space them, well I have a confession to make. For about a month or more now I neglected to space my trials and now I am having spots popping up everywhere well at least that’s what I am blaming it on as the only things that have changed is a healthy diet and daily exercising, surely one would think these would be better for me.

With that being said, I have 3 products to share with you. 1 oldie and 2 newbies.

tonerInstanatural’s vitamin c face toner in a 120ml spray bottle, Instanatural’s youth express night cream in a 100ml squeeze bottle and Oz natural’s Professional moisturizing serum with Hyaluronic acid, vitamins C+E in 30 ml in pipette & bottle. The face toner claims to Renew, Hydrate & Restore your skin as well as tightening your pores. The night cream claims to Hydrate & Plump your skin whereas the serum claims to moisturize your face.

I will state that the three products were sent to me in an exchange for an honest and unbiased review and I am not obligated to write this post.

I have been using the serum for over 6 months and I will say I love it and was happy to be sent another bottle to try again (I know very cheeky of me). I use the serum as a third step in my face routine, the toner is second in the routine and this is my first time trying it and the face cream is fourth or fifth dependent on the day.

I know you’re curious about my face routine steps and I know that you know that I always claimed never to be bothered with the many steps in face routine but people I have been blogging for almost 2 years now and I really had to pick something up.

Step One:  This is totally dependent on how I feel in the morning. I cleanser my face with a cleanser and currently I alternative between Restore skincare’s Rose glow face cleanser or Oz naturals vitamin c cleanser. If I am having one of my mornings I will use my sonic cleanser brush to get deep into my pores and get the dirt out. I am loving the Oz natural vitamin c cleanser as I feel with the sonic cleanser it gets into the pores and removes the dirt and leaves my face feeling soft.

Disclaimer: I do not use my sonic cleanser system daily, I prefer to use it on alternate days and sometimes I space it out.

Step TWO: 6 months ago I had added this step to my face routine, I once upon a time used to use the herbalife toner then traded it up for the Simple skincare range toner and last year I changed it up to OZ natural’s toner. Which I think worked wonders for my skin, did not really believe it would make a difference but it did. Now I am trying out Insta Natural’s face toner and I do love it, I at least have experienced one of it’s claims ‘hydrates’ my skin. I always spray my face with the toner after I had cleansed my face and pat dried it with a face cloth.

Disclaimer: I never spray my toner on exposed skin, if my spot has burst I cover it with cotton pad or finger when spraying the toner.

Step THREE: This step is also dependent on my mood that morning, I definitely use the face serum once the toner has been absorbed into my skin. I like to use a cotton pad add a bit more than a pea size and apply it to my face. Once absorbed into my skin I like to use my derma roller to give my face that ‘home face lift’ as it rejuvenates the skin and allows for the serums and moisturisers to penetrate into the skin more easily. I find that my face is more youthful after using my derma roller and stays radiant throughout the day.

oz natural serum

Disclaimer: I do not use the sonic cleanser system and the derma roller on the same day, I like to alternate them and give my face chance to do it’s own thing naturally.

instanatural night cream

Step Four: This is usually my final step where I apply my face moisturiser and allow it to be absorbed into my skin before I leave my house. I am currently using the Oz natural herbal infused moisturizers and also trying out the night cream by instanatural for before bed even though instanatural suggests it can be used for the day time too. I think the cream is too thick for me to wear it during the day and since it is summer time probably not the best idea to slap a heavy cream on as sweating buckets comes to mind.

So this is my 5 step face morning routine, have you ever used any of these products?

myrabev-signature

Disclosure: I was sent the aforementioned products in exchange for an honest review, no monetary exchanged nonetheless all opinions are my own.

1. June 25, 2015 / 12:50 pm

What a great routine and really great products. I am so bad at keeping a consistent facial routine and always seem to forget completley. Your skin looks amazing so obviously a routine is working for you.

• June 27, 2015 / 9:00 am

Thank you Tiffany, I think over the last year and half I have really stuck to my guns on my face routine.

2. June 24, 2015 / 12:50 am

I keep it real simple at night, facial cleanser (any works) and moisturizer (any works) and I use coconut oil to remove waterproof mascara. In the morning, wash and sunscreen. I used to have skin problems but I went to the dermatologist in college who put me on tetracycline for a month and stopped using Colgate and crest toothpaste for Armer Hammer Baking soda toothpaste (people often have sensitivities to mints or cinnamon and break out because of them) and I have been without acne since. Dermatologists know there stuff! I wish I would’ve known in high school…

• June 27, 2015 / 9:03 am

Dermatologist definitely do know there stuff, I have never been an acne sufferer but i experience an odd spot here and there and want to make sure I am looking after my face the best way I know how. Thanks for the info on toothpaste.

3. June 23, 2015 / 7:03 pm

I’m so terrible with my face. I rarely wear makeup, so I don’t have any routine that I do other than washing my face in the shower and then putting some face cream on when I get out. I have tons of masks and eye creams and serums that people have given me, but I just don’t ever use them. Your routine doesn’t sound like it takes too terribly long, so perhaps I should get all my bottles out of the cupboard and start taking better care of my face.

• June 27, 2015 / 9:04 am

I was just like that too but now I am making an effort, though I too do not wear make up regularly.

4. June 23, 2015 / 4:45 pm

I envy anyone who can get a ritual down for face care. I am a one and done and pray it works with a toddler clinging to me lol

• June 27, 2015 / 9:07 am

Awww bless I think so long as you have something that works for you stick with that, even just cleanser/moisturiser is enough.

5. June 23, 2015 / 2:37 pm

This sounds like a great routine to do every morning. I really need to start this routine myself. Thanks for the info.

• June 27, 2015 / 9:09 am

You’re welcome, its nice to have a routine of sorts

6. June 23, 2015 / 8:08 am

It’s nice the you have a morning routine for your face. It would ensure that you start your day with a clean and clear face and be vibrant all day.

• June 27, 2015 / 9:10 am

I couldnt agree more Franc, thanks

7. June 23, 2015 / 5:34 am

We recently went to the Dermalogica offices and I never had a routine before. But they told me there are a few things I need to do to keep my skin healthy.

• June 27, 2015 / 9:12 am

I need to visit the dermatologist too and check if I am using the right products even if they are working for me now.

8. June 23, 2015 / 4:53 am

I only wish I had the patience and time to do a 5-step morning face routine. I have a nightly routine instead. Some of these products sound really great. I bet your face is glowing each day!

• June 27, 2015 / 9:14 am

My face definitely glows though I have a morning routine my night routine really sucks lol

9. June 23, 2015 / 3:13 am

I have never tried any of these products before. I have a very basic skin routine – water and a good cleanser. Since I don’t usually wear makeup, it works really well for me.

• June 27, 2015 / 9:16 am

I am glad to hear that, I think so long as your routine works for you stick with it.

10. June 22, 2015 / 11:10 pm

These products look fantastic. Having a diligent routine for your skin that includes sunscreen is the way to go. Will have to look into the vitamin C firming product!

11. June 22, 2015 / 8:59 pm

I have a night routine but not a morning routine, I really need to start one! Thanks for the recommendations!

12. June 22, 2015 / 7:34 pm

I should probably update my morning routine. Mine is so basic.. that vitamin C toner might be a good one to try.

13. CourtneyLynne
    June 22, 2015 / 6:31 pm

I have these products too!!! They are really amazing! My face Has never looked better!

14. June 22, 2015 / 3:39 pm

I have these products and they are also part of my beauty routine. They are gentle on the skin and I didn’t breakout.

15. June 22, 2015 / 7:56 am

No, I have never tried any of these products. Like you I have no real set in stone morning or evening routine..

16. June 22, 2015 / 7:38 am

I love reading about people’s morning routines because I always discover new products! I’ll definitely have to check out that instanatural night cream <3

17. June 22, 2015 / 6:24 am

Thanks so much for sharing your steps! I have had problem skin for a long time, and it finally started clearing up, but then I got pregnant, and now it’s bad again, especially on my forehead.

I also have this one spot on my nose, that won’t go away. It looks like a pimple, but it won’t go away.. So frustrating!