{Fashion} A Spot of afternoon Tea

A Spot of afternoon tea

A Spot of afternoon tea

Welcome to Fashion Monday, its feels like it’s been absolutely ages since I did a Fashion post but fear not today I thought I share with you an outfit I wore yesterday for a spot of afternoon tea on the tour bus in London (more of this in another post).

My sister came to visit me last week Thursday and she left yesterday (Sunday), we had a nice time together since we had not since each other since our brothers wedding last month. I invited her over to christen my new home and it was so lovely having another person in the house but it’s gone back to the usual..QUITE..

Since I was working all day Friday she stayed home alone and then Saturday came after much persuasion on my part I finally conceded and we went to Oxford for what she calls a spot of afternoon tea.

I will admit it was nice leaving the house and doing something with my sister but what was not nice was spending £3o in Costa on 1 large caramel hot chocolate with soy milk (sister’s choice), 1 large mango & passion fruit cooler (me), 1 piece of cherry & vanilla cake (me), 2 chicken paninis and a chocolate chip cookie (sis).

I know Oxford is expensive but this was ridiculous and to make matters worse, some woman walked into Costa picked up packed cake walked to the end of the cue which was by the exist door and she left without paying, so brave and yet so stupid.

After our afternoon tea we walked around a bit and nipped into New look, Primark for some summer shorts and H&M for more summer shorts and we were on our way back home.

It was a beautiful day, so lovely and warm which is very rare in England but it was really nice to have such weather.

Wishing you a lovely day

How was your weekend?

myrabev-signature[wysija_form id=”2″]

1. June 11, 2015 / 11:15 pm

I love the outfit you came up with. You know, Costa is fairly new here in the Philippines, (they have 1 store) and I have yet to try it.

2. June 10, 2015 / 7:35 am

Adorable picks! I have never been to London, but it is definitely on my list.

3. June 9, 2015 / 1:42 pm

What a cute outfit!! I love those shorts and that bag for sure! and those earrings are to die for!! Great post!!

4. June 9, 2015 / 6:27 am

Afternoon tea sounds wonderful! I am so glad you had a nice time with you sister. Yuo, life is expensive these days and only getting more so.

5. CourtneyLynne
    June 9, 2015 / 5:16 am

Omg I’m just loving all of these picks!!! Those shorts would be so cute for Sunday brunch! I want a pair super bad now lol

6. June 9, 2015 / 3:01 am

I’m really surprised that that lady had the audacity to just walk out without paying. That’s ridiculous. Is whatever the price of that cake is worth her integrity and self-respect? Apparently it is to her. What a shame. I’m glad you had a fun time with your sister, though. It does sound like you had a lovely visit with her.

7. June 8, 2015 / 9:24 pm

I love everything in your photo! How lovely to spend an afternoon in London! I have not been there in over 20 years!

8. June 8, 2015 / 9:20 pm

So morden….tea in shorts I love it. and the fact that you got a chance to spend time with your sister…..priceless!

9. June 8, 2015 / 8:49 pm

I’m glad you were able to spend some time with your sis! It’s nice that you had some great weather too!

10. Fi Ní Neachtáin
    June 8, 2015 / 8:27 pm

Oh how I would love a spot of afternoon tea, that’s something I need to do soon. That Love ring is so pretty.

11. June 8, 2015 / 7:39 pm

That would be a little hefty for what you got but I guess Oxford is similar to Hawaii pricing!

12. June 8, 2015 / 2:02 pm

Our weekend wasn’t quite as exciting (I mean, seeing someone steal a cake? That’s pretty exciting!), but we were able to spend it at one of our favourite places, lounging on the beach and catching up with friends.

13. June 8, 2015 / 12:57 pm

The entire outfit is awesome, especially the shorts! Sounds like a lovely afternoon. The lady who didn’t pay for her cake? Crazy stupid!

14. Rosey
    June 8, 2015 / 11:46 am

That really is an expensive coffee shop. I’m sure it was a very nice treat though. 🙂

15. June 8, 2015 / 8:25 am

I love those shorts and also they versatility! The earrings go beautifully! I am not into the latest fashion, but always like to view unique clothing and accessories!

16. Robin Rue (@massholemommy)
    June 8, 2015 / 7:14 am

There are so many trendy coffee shops like that here in Boston,,,. It’s stuff fun occasionally, though. I love that outfit you picked out!!

17. June 8, 2015 / 6:32 am

Could not agree with you more about Costa! – It is SO expensive in there just for a few drinks!

18. June 8, 2015 / 6:09 am

I LOVE those shorts, they’re super cute! Even though most people associate floral with Spring, I think it transitions into Summer really well <3

• June 8, 2015 / 6:22 am

Me too, I adore shorts and I think floral can be worn spring or summer.