{GBU} The Happening ~ WEEK ELEVEN

GBU

Hi there and welcome to The Happening the Good the Bad and the Ugly GBU, on this first Thursday of June. Can not believe May is gone but it was such a lovely month even though it was so busy. Though it may only be the 4th day of June I have been so busy it is crazy, I am in desperate need of a holiday and end of July can not come fast enough.

So here is the happenings since last Thursday

The Good

My bed FINALLY arrived yesterday, I let the delivery guys assemble it for me even though I could have done it myself but I really wanted them to as sleeping on the air bed for almost 2 weeks had my old bones ready to break.

I bought a TV stand last week which required two people to assemble but I did it myself with no help, very proud of me. This week I bought a coffee table which I also assembled myself, I always used to depend on other people to do such things for me but honestly I can do it myself.

I bought a sofa bed which I am hoping will be delivered before the weekend as I am loving how beautiful my new home is shaping up to be.

I am slowly integrating my sister into the blogging world and last week she wrote a sponsored post for a client of mine with guidance from me and they paid $100 (£63.10) and she was so pleased.

I have been invited to a lovely blogger event this Sunday in London can not wait it’s been a while since I went to a blogger event.

I don’t mean to brag but I had 6 companies contact me to work with me in one day and all agreed to my terms it has been such a wonderful experience now all I need is another set of fingers and head to change over when I feel tired. So blessed and so grateful.

I was asked to be an ambassador for my country (former) for a mobile company that I love already, such a huge honour I am loving it.

The Bad

In the hopes of furnishing my home I have gone completely off the reservation and my budgeting and planning has really gone off the trail.

Though I am very pleased with my handy work assembling the TV stand and coffee table my arms are still sore and working in an office typing all day has really done a number on my wrist.

The Ugly

My boss has gone off on sick leave for the next six weeks or so and its weird for me now, as I miss her.

That’s all the fun and games I have had for the last 7 days, how has yours been?

myrabev-signature[wysija_form id=”2″]

1. June 9, 2015 / 1:19 pm

I like blog segments like this. It is like following your favorite talk show.

Anyway, nice to hear that you are fixing your place. I guess we are up for more good news in the next GBU.

2. June 6, 2015 / 2:25 am

Ahh I’m SOOOO bad with putting things together. I can’t even put together simple toys for my nine month old daughter!

3. Rebecca Swenor
    June 5, 2015 / 11:45 am

It sounds like you are having very positive happenings going on in your life which is truly a blessing. Good for you. Hopefully things will be going that way for me soon. I think it is awesome you are helping your sister which I call paying it forward. Thanks for sharing.

4. June 5, 2015 / 9:48 am

Cool you’re fixing your place! You should forgive yourself about going over-budget. I think everybody does when they’re redecorating. Enjoy your new digs..

5. June 5, 2015 / 9:42 am

Im a single girl also living that apartment life. You are doing a way better job than me, I can’t assemble anything to save my life

6. June 5, 2015 / 9:08 am

am really happy to know that finally your bed arrived. you are missing your boos ? seriously 😀 it seems that sshe is the nice one :p

7. June 5, 2015 / 8:07 am

Good luck on the new bed. I hope you get to adjust to it fast. For me, I take time to adjust to a new bed. It’s also nice that you have started influencing your sister to blog. She can learn a lot from it.

8. June 5, 2015 / 6:14 am

Sounds like it’s been a huge, amazing week for you! Good job 😀 PS that’s really cute that you miss your boss. Is that for a job you do outside of blogging?

9. June 5, 2015 / 6:09 am

It’s so hard to stick to a budget with redecorating! There are so many cute things out there!

10. June 5, 2015 / 4:50 am

May has totally flown by! It’s been all about moving to a new city and trying to get settled in.

11. June 5, 2015 / 4:36 am

I understand the back pain. I’m almost jealous that you got a new bed. My mattress needs a proper burial!

12. CourtneyLynne
    June 5, 2015 / 3:51 am

Great job on the tv stand!! I hate putting furniture together! It’s such a pain lol

13. June 5, 2015 / 3:01 am

Assembling furniture is the worst! You seem to have done an excellent job!

14. June 5, 2015 / 1:18 am

Great job on the TV. I am sorry about your boss’S sick leave. It must not be easy for her , nor you

15. June 4, 2015 / 9:25 pm

is surprising to the things we get use to without noticing

16. June 4, 2015 / 7:10 pm

Well done with assembling the TV stand by yourself! I hope your boss will feel better soon and come back to work 🙂

17. June 4, 2015 / 5:19 pm

You have to be so proud of yourself for those assembly projects! I really struggle with projects like that, but feel so good when they are done.

18. June 4, 2015 / 3:26 pm

I seem to always blow my budget when decorating. I have all intentions of staying within budget, but it never happens. I’ve actually had a great week and I’m looking forward to “Girls Weekend Away” with my daughters.

19. June 4, 2015 / 3:18 pm

That is a very busy week, my friend! We assembled some outdoor furniture last week and I think that we spent about 15 hours getting it all put together – definitely paying for assembly next time!

20. June 4, 2015 / 2:43 pm

What a busy week! I can’t assemble furniture myself. I’ve tried so many times so good for you! I would have been in tears and so beyond frustrated!

21. June 4, 2015 / 12:17 pm

What a busy week! I’m like you when it comes to assembling furniture — I can do it myself, but I MUCH prefer to let the delivery guys do it for me 🙂

22. June 4, 2015 / 11:44 am

Youy must be so proud doing it all by yourself, sounds like a productive week for you despite the soreness.

23. Robin Rue (@massholemommy)
    June 4, 2015 / 10:52 am

Good for you for getting that tv stand assembled. I always have such a hard time assembling things like that by myself 🙂

24. June 4, 2015 / 8:56 am

Oh sucks that your boss is on leave. As for me, my week has only been stressful. Proud of you of not asking help to assemble the stand.