How to pack for a spa weekend

pack for a spa weekend

As most of you know for my sister in law’s hen do I went to a spa called Village St Davids Resort near Chester. From where I live its 2 and half hours drive but on train it’s close to 4 hours. I had known 4 days before the trip that it was going to be a long one for me and I needed to pack only essentials because the last thing you want on a weekend away is to be tagging luggage from station to station. My trip to Chester involved 3 train changes and then a taxis to the resort itself, so I knew my bag had to be lightweight and since my Chromebook travels with me it definitely had to be a backpack. When I was travelling to Korea I picked up a lovely Cath Kidston weekend bag which is very sizeable and very pretty looking, I made sure to pick one my mum and sister did not have (very important). Though this weekend bag is pretty and would allow me to pack enough for the weekend I knew I would tire easily tagging it around so luckily for me I had picked up a lovely backpack from a small boutique in Korea for 10,000won ($10 or £5). It has a beautiful design, many compartments (for laptop & for tablet) and side pockets, I am loving the strength of this backpack big time. It’s true what they say, Korea is the mother of all backpacks.

Back to how to pack for spa weekend.

As I mentioned above, only pack what you need and think of what they already have.

1. We were staying over Saturday night and check out Sunday morning so I knew I needed sleepwear and socks (I have cold feet)

2. Because it was an overnight stay I had to pack my emergency face product bag which also substitutes as an airport travel bag. It contains, simple face wash and moisturiser, travel toothbrush & paste, mouth wash, and deodorant. I usually have shower gel & sponge as well as face cloths in but the hotel will have these so for one night I can live without my own.

If you want to save space then carry your face products but get the toothbrush and paste from the hotel though this is an expense

3. Change clothes, I wore a nice dress which can be worn down for the day or up for the night by changing the shoes so I knew one dress two pairs of shoes. One pair I wear when going and one pair in the bag.

4. I knew we would be having massage then time to swim etc. (I can sink can’t float) so I carried a one piece (personal preference) and remembered to shave bob Marley off all visible areas. To save space I wore the tan top inside my dress since it was strapless and perfect fit.

5. Portable charger, I carried my portable charger for the train ride and a plug to charge the portable charger. As most know it’s essential to have a charge especially if you will be reading, listening to music or browsing the net on your phone.

6. Carry ID and money, I am sure this is no brainier, your ID and money should always be on you for emergencies and your travel documents too. I have a small ticket holder which fits in my purse perfectly.

7. The UK has the craziest weather changes in the world, 4 seasons in one day so it’s important to carry proper outer covering. I have a small leather jacket and long dress type knitted cardigan so I can wear these easily together or remove the small leather jacket if it gets too hot.

So this is how I pack for a spa weekend getaway.

What would you included?

myrabev-signature

1. July 18, 2015 / 1:20 am

Thanks for the tips in packing! Oh my gosh, how I wish I am going to a Spa Weekend..I so deserve one.

2. eliz frank
    July 13, 2015 / 10:56 pm

You did a great job with your selection of items to take on your trip. I don;’y think I would do anything differently. It had all the important bases covered.

3. Rebecca Swenor
    July 12, 2015 / 7:13 pm

A spa weekend is something I have dreamed about for a very long time. I would so love to go for a weekend to a resort. with my sisters and mom. It is better to just pack what you know you are going to for sure need. thanks for sharing.

4. July 12, 2015 / 3:32 am

This is a great list! It is great for a spa weekend but also for any overnight stay/hotel stay! Thanks for putting this together for us!

5. July 12, 2015 / 2:18 am

I think that these packing tips are wonderful! What I wouldn’t do for a nice long spa weekend getaway!

6. July 11, 2015 / 11:58 pm

What I wouldn’t do for a spa wekeend. Great packing tips. Thanks for sharing!

7. July 11, 2015 / 11:40 pm

What I wouldn’t do for a spa weekend! Great packing tips. Thanks for sharing!

8. July 11, 2015 / 3:05 pm

I know for sure I could stand to use a spa weekend! I wouldn’t have a clue what to pack as I’ve never been to a spa before so this is great!

9. CourtneyLynne
    July 11, 2015 / 2:23 pm

Omg what great tips! Totally wish I actually had to use these tips and pack for a spa weekend! Sounds like heaven right now!

10. July 11, 2015 / 12:53 pm

I’m such an over-packer! This is a great list to refer to. I really don’t use or need half the stuff I drag along for an overnight trip.

11. July 11, 2015 / 10:34 am

I would so like to have a spa weekend away! I always believe in packing half the clothes and twice the money! I love massages and being able to disconnect from technology!

12. July 11, 2015 / 9:57 am

I don’t imagine I’ll be able to escape for a spa weekend any time soon but I’ll definitely keep a few of these ideas in mind! Thank you for sharing this great post! 🙂

13. July 11, 2015 / 6:55 am

How I long for a spa day, not even a weekend! I went on a spa weekend for my hen do and loved it, so relaxing.

14. July 11, 2015 / 5:55 am

I love spa days!! This is a great list to pack for a spa weekend, would be a great treat to enjoy right now.

15. July 11, 2015 / 2:24 am

I always over pack – but my husband is even worse. Seriously, 6 pairs of shoes for a 3-day trip? It happens every time! I will share your tips with him 🙂

16. July 10, 2015 / 8:48 pm

This is an awesome list! Sometimes I feel like we get so excited that we over-pack on clothes/shoes/makeup. I think I might have to invest in a cute weekender bag – although I doubt I’ll find one at such an amazing price 😀

17. July 10, 2015 / 8:08 pm

I tend to bring so much when packing. These are great tips and a great reminder that I should only bring the essentials.

18. July 10, 2015 / 8:04 pm

This is a great list of essentials. We often do overnights, so we’ve got packing down to a science. Necessities vary from person to person, but our list is very similar to yours.

19. July 10, 2015 / 4:31 pm

I always overpack. I like to dress for the mood Im in and I never know what it is going to be. I do like your suggestions and may have to try a couple for the next weekend away……I really need a weekend away.

20. July 10, 2015 / 11:49 am

You sounds like a very effecient packer! I’m so bad about overpacking even if I’m just going away for one night. I love the idea of a travel face bag so that you don’t have to take all your makeup with you!

21. July 10, 2015 / 11:18 am

I have never done a spa weekend but love the idea of it for a hen do. I hope it was lovely and relaxing! I would probably pack a load of wine haha, and then way too much makeup. Such a weekend should definitely be minimalistic I agree, so clever packing would be a must.

22. July 10, 2015 / 8:02 am

Oh nice! I’ve never done a spa weekend before. Perhaps I can surprise the wife with an impromptu trip.

• July 10, 2015 / 10:43 am

You definitely should Jacob am sure Esther would love it

23. July 10, 2015 / 7:46 am

I will definitely have to keep this is mind whenever I decide to have a spa weekend. That actually sounds pretty nice right about now.. Lol : )

• July 10, 2015 / 10:45 am