{Fashion} Cashmere and Me

Shopping has been a big part of my life for as long as I can remember, I know it’s a silly statement to some and for someone who is not a shopaholic it’s a huge statement. I have loved shopping longer than I care to remember, when I was a kid my mum used to make a lot of stuff for us to save money for more important things. Obviously she was instilling in us a much more important lesson but for me all I wanted at one point was to have enough money to go shopping until I dropped.

cashmere**

We have this culture back home where you give your parents your first pay and I mean all of it. I will not claim to be big on my tradition but I try to do what I can and so imagine little old me had a first proper paying job then had to give all the money to my parents lucky enough the lesson I learned was it was just a wisdom test which I know am not explaining properly but basically its to show am growing well and my parents returned all the money to me.

Anyway! when I got my money back the first thing I bought was a second hand cashmere jumper from the sunday market, I know it was not much to some but I loved that jumper move than I thought I could and though it was second hand it was a good jumper from then on what have always wanted cashmere something in my closet but never had the money to spare.

A couple months back I stumbled upon a site called wool overs and guess what I found? They sale cashmere jumpers among other items for both men and women. I fell in love with these cotton & cashmere jumpers which I think are absolutely gorgeous and they look so soft and so warm, anyone who’s lived in the UK will tell you whether it’s winter or summer you need to have a trusted jumper near by. Wool overs has everything from women’s cardigans, shirts to men’s jumpers all made from different fabrics like cotton & cashmere, silk & cotton, wool even cashmere and merino.

I have spent a considerable amount of time scouring the net for cashmere jumpers and they are some lovely sites out there but for me Woolovers is my first choice because they have been around for a long time (since 1989) suggested a trusted company, they have over a million customers worldwide, they offer a great service and I can not think of anything to fault them on.

I love cashmere, and currently waiting on my order for a cashmere Jumper.

Do you own any Cashmere clothing?

**image credit

1. August 26, 2015 / 4:26 am

There is nothing like a good sale. Currently I don’t have any cashmere but with those good prices, I might just pick up a piece or two.

2. August 24, 2015 / 2:21 pm

I love cashmere. No other feeling like it. There are some good faux items out there, but nothing beats the real thing.

3. CourtneyLynne
    August 24, 2015 / 3:32 am

Ahhhh I use to love cashmere when I was in high school!!! It was “the thing” to have as many sweaters as possible!

4. August 23, 2015 / 5:24 pm

I just have a few cashmere things and I love them. My cashmere scarf is so soft and warm. Now I’m almost looking forward to fall/winter so I can get it out again.

5. August 23, 2015 / 6:25 am

I used to have a cashmere scarf. It was so soft, and actually very warm! I forgot all about it now that I have kids and don’t wear anything expensive! I will have to add a cashmere sweater to my Christmas list this year. 🙂

6. August 23, 2015 / 5:19 am

I don’t think I own any cashmere clothing currently. I did in the past…a really soft sweater…and I don’t think it lasted that long.

7. August 23, 2015 / 4:49 am

There is nothing like a cashmere sweater. They are so soft and luxurious. I love when I find one while thrifting.

8. August 23, 2015 / 4:18 am

I don’t have any cashmere, but someday I’d like to own some! Right now I struggle to buy fancy clothing because my kids would wipe their sticky fingers all over me.

9. August 23, 2015 / 3:55 am

I love a beautiful cashmere sweater. It’s such a great, classic look for Fall and Spring. These are gorgeous!

10. August 22, 2015 / 11:00 pm

I don’t have any cashmere clothes for some reason! I’ll have to change that this Fall/Winter.

11. August 22, 2015 / 9:32 pm

I don’t own any cashmire bit have spent hours driving around to different stores to find the cashmere sweater in the correct color (and price) that my Mom was on a search for. SHE Loves cashmere and I will tell her about this site.

12. August 22, 2015 / 5:02 pm

I do own a cashmere sweater. I love how soft and comfortable it is!

13. August 22, 2015 / 12:18 pm

I don’t have any cashmere clothes, but yours looks so elegant and simple. I love the way you show it with us.

14. August 22, 2015 / 11:22 am

I don’t own any cashmere clothing but I’d love to invest in some. The closest I got is a scarf which I received as a gift.

15. August 22, 2015 / 6:08 am

I love how that sweater looks on you!! I don’t think I have had a lot of cashmere before but it is super comfortable when I have worn it.

16. August 22, 2015 / 3:46 am

Awww…I love traditions and that’s so special that you keep them. I have ethnic parents, so I find traditions very interesting. It’s what makes us each unique and special, right? 🙂 I have one cashmere top that I bought about 15 years ago! I know. I’m so old!
    I hope you love your order when it comes in! 🙂 Keep us posted! n

17. August 21, 2015 / 10:25 pm

I love my cashmere – from coats and scarves, to sweaters and hats. It’s so hard to beat the luxurious softness and warmth of cashmere.

18. August 21, 2015 / 9:21 pm

What a wonderful tradition to further cement your family bond. I am similar to you in that respect, as well as a total and complete cashmere lover!!!

19. August 21, 2015 / 7:12 pm

I’ve never owned anything cashmere… but maybe it’s time!! And I’m glad your parents gave you the money back… that must have been hard for you to give it up!!

20. Tom
    August 21, 2015 / 5:55 pm

This looks like a fun photo shoot. My wife loves cashmere so this is something I will have to have her check out. She does the shopping in our house lol.

21. August 21, 2015 / 5:44 pm

These sweaters look very pretty. I’m not sure I’d I have any cashmere things. I like that tradition, I think it teaches to respect your parents and know all the hard work and money they put into raising you.

22. August 21, 2015 / 5:11 pm

That cashmere looks great! It’s simple but a classic piece. You really grabbed a good find. Also, I love your post about how we should value certain things in our life 🙂

23. August 21, 2015 / 2:45 pm

I love the feel of Cashmere! It is So soft. I bought a cashmere sweater once and didn’t realize that I couldn’t wash and dry it. Let’s just say it didn’t do well! LOL. Love all the colors you have picked!

24. August 21, 2015 / 7:21 am

That’s such a lovely story, it really makes you appreciate the true value of things. Living in the UK (and up north) I can definitely vouch for the fact the weather is always so unpredictable so it’s always wise to layer up. I love the colour of both jumpers, they’re both bright and beautiful but still wearable!

25. August 21, 2015 / 6:45 am

I don’t have any cashmere, but my Mother-in-law loves it. I have been thinking of getting a cashmere jumper for the Winter though as it is so cosy.