{Travel} Holiday Blues Tips

holiday bluesHoliday blues, we all know them but how come I sometimes  feel as though mine are just a little bit different from others? Many people go on holiday and come back refreshed and ready to take on the world, they feel rejuvenated, well rested and clear heads. Unfortunately for me I do not always feel like that, for me the common occurrence is I go on holiday have so much fun then come back and I feel as though I need another holiday to get over the holiday I have just returned from. Why is it like that for me? 🙁 Does anyone else feel like that?

Most people know that I just returned from Seoul, South Korea and Fukuoka, Japan. I had so much fun in both these places that I am really finding it hard to adjust back into normal daily routine. I returned over a week ago today but I feel like I am yet to go on my long-awaited trip. I was talking to a friend I was visiting in Korea, I’m at a point where I think maybe I should just move there and get it over with. Ever since I first visited in April/May this year I have had such a longing to go back, hence why I went the second time!. Maybe I need some more time away to really appreciate it or maybe it’s the British weather that has put a damper in my mood either way I have come up with a few ways to get over (or at least attempt) the holiday blues :).

Re-live the memories – most people wouldn’t think this was a good idea for people like me because it makes you want to go back again but I know I can not go back just yet so I am reliving my memories by checking out my pictures (which I am yet to share on my IG account) and also just keeping tabs on what’s happening in Seoul. My friends got me into listening to Korea hip hop/RnB and though it was not my cup of tea before I am loving it especially since I am missing it so much. It’s actually nice to hear the music again, it makes me feel and think I am back there again.

Plan your next holiday – I have a confession, the day I arrived back in the UK I already started to plan for my return back to South Korea 🙂 oops!! I know it’s crazy and for most people Korea is not even on there travel bucket list but for me I feel like from this year onwards I want to be visiting Seoul at least once a year. I think for those who not into South Korea like me you can always check out popular destinations like Hawaii, Marrakech, cape town etc., there is endless possibilities.

Book a mini break – I know this sounds crazy but I think booking a mini break before your next holiday is a good idea and when I say mini break it does not need to be another country, it could be another county (State for my USA readers) or even your own town. It’s amazing what this does for your mood and outlook on stuff, I have done a few times and always happy to recommend. I have already scheduled a few before Christmas and these are helping me cope until my next long holiday.

These are some of my holiday blues tips, I know we all different and handle them differently but hope my tips are helpful to someone.

signature

1. December 11, 2015 / 3:11 pm

Coming back home from vacation is the worst, especially if you are gone for a long time. I find it so hard to adjust. I wish I could vacation once a month, just to avoid the blues and enjoy time with my family.

• December 11, 2015 / 6:04 pm

I know what you mean, I intend to vacation at least once a month next year so 2016 has so much promise for me

2. November 20, 2015 / 11:29 pm

I used to be able to travel a lot, and would always start planning the next trip as soon as one was over (or sometimes before). Traveling is such a wonderful way to experience new things.

3. November 18, 2015 / 11:01 pm

I think it is hard to get back to real life after a vacation. I kind of get stuck in this in-between mode that is hard to get out off. I hope you have a wonderful time traveling!

4. November 18, 2015 / 1:13 pm

When our kids get older I think we will be doing some traveling during the holidays with or without them. Because they are so little we limit because of the expense. We will have to live through you for a few more years lol

5. November 18, 2015 / 3:57 am

Yes post holiday blues are the WORST! Thank goodness for the memories!

6. michele d
    November 18, 2015 / 3:23 am

I hope to have happy times during my Holiday travels this year. Thanks for your tips

7. November 18, 2015 / 2:31 am

I also often find it hard to adjust back to my normal schedule when I get back home from a vacation (especially when I travel to different times zones!) Planning my next vacation always gets my over the holiday blues <3

8. November 18, 2015 / 1:40 am

There does always seem to be a let down after you get home from vacation, at least after a few days. Planning your next trip is a great idea!

9. November 18, 2015 / 12:09 am

Wonderful tips! I really get the blues around the holidays. All my side of my family has basically passed away so I don’t get to see or speak to any of them – the holidays are a really sad reminder of that.

10. November 17, 2015 / 10:48 pm

I never feel rested or refreshed coming back from a vacation. It’s a lot of work, but the memories always seem to supersede the work!

11. November 17, 2015 / 7:56 pm

The holiday blues are no laughing matter and this post really shows that! Thanks for the excellent tips!

12. November 17, 2015 / 4:11 pm

great tips. We don’t travel enough. I wish I could book a back to back trip like you did

13. November 17, 2015 / 2:52 pm

Ohhh, I think we all experience that! We travel as much as we can with our kids, it hasn’t stopped us one bit! Korea sounds amazing.

14. November 17, 2015 / 2:14 pm

Travel holiday blues is a real thing, but you provide excellent tips to combat the blues! I love to relive all the memories with the photographs or videos from the trip! Thanks for sharing these tips.

15. November 17, 2015 / 1:18 pm

I normally do come back refreshed and ready to get back into life when I travel. I like your ideas for dealing with it if you do not.

16. November 17, 2015 / 12:14 pm

I wrote about holiday blues when I returned home from my last vacation. Planning my next holiday really helped me get back into the swing of things at home. Great tips!

17. November 17, 2015 / 10:37 am

Sounds luxurious and fun to travel all the time. Wish I could do that, should have done it before getting married and settling down. Oh well. Enjoy your holidays! Korea sounds like it has your heart.